Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Failed... How?

Raspberry

I was soloing a Kuva Flood, and I was waiting for my kavat to proc double resources. It did, eventually, yet coincidentally, the game's anti-AFK measure told me mission failure was imminent. As soon as I destroyed the final kuva cloud, the mission automatically ended in failure. Since the game literally just made this notification 1-2 seconds before I hit the kuva and destroyed the siphon, I didn't really catch the full details of the UI. I don't quite understand the mechanics of this, but at this point, was I not allowed to kill anything and be forced to just go to extraction? What literally just happened?

1 minute ago, Minatos_Gordem said:

I think the AFK timer is based on movement of your frame, as I was just playing with an equinox today using maim who got the afk timer but was typing in chat the entire time. If you didn't move enough when you killed the cloud, you probably didn't make the timer disappear.

The kuva cloud was stuck on terrain, so I was basically half-camping, half messing around with Kuva Guardians (they only melee with their Keshegs when they're not disarmed). When the kavat proc happened, I waited a little bit longer to see if it'll re-proc and overlap. When the 2-min counter was getting close to expiring, I just destroyed the kuva cloud. Since the game gave me an AFK warning of some kind literally 1-2 seconds before I destroyed the cloud, then automatically failed the mission, I have no idea what just happened since I couldn't read fast enough. If for some reason this was intentional and I'm somehow NOT ALLOWED TO KILL in a horde shooter (even a kuva cloud), I think something needs to be changed regarding this part of the anti-AFK system.

Well there's no way they don't want you to complete your mission objective or kill, so it's not that. I'm not entirely sure, as it's hard to picture in my head at 3AM. Pretty sure someone else is gonna come along with far more info though, and if you think the AFK thing is that bad I'd try to talk with a Dev or go to the help center about it.

7 minutes ago, Raspberri said:

Sorry for forgetting to specify in my original post. It was exterminate, and the objective was long completed.

Let me guess, you hadn't killed any enemies in a while? AFK timer I believe just erases your rewards, but a timer was added a while back (U19ish maybe?) to exterminate missions specifically that you had to kill enemies within that time limit (15 minutes IIRC) or the mission would fail. I think it would be just for that person and not the whole squad.

I forget which kind of leech players it was targeting specifically at the time, but seemed to be getting widespread. Might've been players joining missions and staying in the spawn room using movement macros to get past the AFK timer.

The timer was supposed to be deactivated upon completion of the objective according to the initial patch notes (allowing more lengthy map exploration), but I don't think that was ever actually the case.

2 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Let me guess, you hadn't killed any enemies in a while? AFK timer I believe just erases your rewards, but a timer was added a while back (U19ish maybe?) to exterminate missions specifically that you had to kill enemies within that time limit (15 minutes IIRC) or the mission would fail. I think it would be just for that person and not the whole squad.

I forget which kind of leech players it was targeting specifically at the time, but seemed to be getting widespread. Might've been players joining missions and staying in the spawn room using movement macros to get past the AFK timer.

The timer was supposed to be deactivated upon completion of the objective according to the initial patch notes (allowing more lengthy map exploration), but I don't think that was ever actually the case.

Yep, as I said, I was just messing with some Kuva Guardians since I had basically nothing to do and I couldn't use Covert Lethality on them. I was either gonna destroy the siphon before my kavat procs or wait for my kavat to proc first.