Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So sick of trading chat, why can't we get an auction house?

S5alad

3 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

And more... those are just a few off the top of my head. A couple unique to Warframe, another couple taken from good examples of AH's I've seen in other games.

If you check my previous posts I have already covered all points your listed long time ago. Nothing is new idea. WoW has really extended list of taxes which are neither simple nor easy to understand. Warframe doesn't need that complex taxing system. L2R has automated price restriction (Min - Max price you can list it).

7 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

Trading halls can be automated by bots. When that happens you're suddenly empowering anyone with the ability to run multiple VM's or multiple PC's to control the market. Then you have to bring in an economist or 2 to keep things in check and run flash events and frequent adjustments to drop rates. Which in itself also opens the door for GM corruption as we've seen first hand from companies like Asiasoft and Nexon.

You forgot that to be even able to trade you need to have MR2, and even then, you can only do 2 trades per day. Then again to get items you gotta have bot that would be albe to farm relics and farm opening of relics. Good luck with that.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Borengar629 said:

Some players, myself included for example, actually like to take a break from the grind from time to time and hang around in trade chat.

Who said trade chat would cease to exist? 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Borengar629 said:

There is no way a developper can keep up with the consumption of content by players without either delaying it or tuning the down the quality immensely.

This game simply lacks of end-game content. And it is not even connected to trading.

6 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

MR trading limits per day limits how much 'damage' can be done, even with many accounts - each account could do a maximum of 25 trades a day - they could even limit it to half your MR rank for these more convenient transactions.

Rather than half, things can also be limited if part of the MR trades per day count your current listing(s) as part of that. 
So say you have 25 trades per day and 5 sales listed for a week, for that week you would have only your 20 trades per day remaining (if one sold one, 2 days in you would gain the additional trade back on the daily reset). This would hugely limit not only the number of sale listing but make many people consider listing higher profit item over their "junk".

Edited by Loswaith

• 2 weeks later...

I'd wondered if this suggestion had gotten significant traction on the forum, yeah though this situation is absurd. Even with the market website, I spent half an hour finding someone online, willing to respond, and in possession of unrolled rifle rivens yesterday. That is not a hard trade, but Warframe's current trading system made it one. We need an AH.

1 hour ago, TemetNosce said:

I'd wondered if this suggestion had gotten significant traction on the forum, yeah though this situation is absurd. Even with the market website, I spent half an hour finding someone online, willing to respond, and in possession of unrolled rifle rivens yesterday. That is not a hard trade, but Warframe's current trading system made it one. We need an AH.

We really don't, and how did it take you so long? I can post a WTB in trade chat for a veiled rifle riven and almost immediately get an offer. Multiple of them easily if I offer 10p over the average price.

On 2/24/2018 at 5:35 PM, UnguidedSALTW said:

Use an offsite if you want an auction system. I like things better this way because you can get deals you normally couldn't in a game with an auction house.

we have a offsite for the maket. why not action. that will be great. because i like both action and how it is now. off sites fix the probs without hurting all in the long run.