The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gremlin's Vs. Boltos

ROSING

No one knows, because no one has them.

Twin Gremlin

Dmg: 30

Fire Rate: 5.0

Acc: 16.7

Type: Physics Impact (Armor Ignore, Ragdolls)

Akbolto

Dmg: 25

Fire Rate: 10

Acc: 26.7

Type: Physics Impact (Armor Ignore, Ragdolls)

From the stats, the Akbolto fires twice as fast with only 5 less Damage per shot. Seems like the Akboltos are better. The trailer/promo video of the Twin Gremlins claims that their accuracy is good, but the stats don't reflect that.

Well... DPS isn't everything, especially with limited ammo supply. The Gremlins boast greater ammo efficiency simply because of higher damage. Late-game efficiency especially.

Granted, their optimal ranges are different, and it's a bit harder to follow where the projectile is going/headed with the gremlins simply because they're not lit up like the bolto/boltor projectiles.

Edited by Vaskadar

they needed a weapon with some type of armor ignore that used bullets. people that preferred bullet weapons are getting &!$$ed that they sucked at end game content because of scaling armor. Gremlins should use bullets and the gun would make sense.

Edited by aTaVaX

We don't actually know what the accuracy-stat means. Gremlins might have better accuracy for all we know.

Actually we do. The Accuracy stat is a combination of recoil strength, reset time after recoiling, and bullet spread.

This. Vasto has accuracy of 16, and Akbolto has 26,7, but in reality Vasto is much more accurate.

The reason the Vasto is listed as having low accuracy is due to the recoil and reset time, not the bullet spread. From what I can tell from the videos posted here, the Gremlins have almost no bullet spread and the projectiles don't veer off in random directions after a certain range like other bolt weapons. They do, however, have a bit of a kick to them while the Akbolto has nearly none.

Actually we do. The Accuracy stat is a combination of recoil strength, reset time after recoiling, and bullet spread.

The reason the Vasto is listed as having low accuracy is due to the recoil and reset time, not the bullet spread. From what I can tell from the videos posted here, the Gremlins have almost no bullet spread and the projectiles don't veer off in random directions after a certain range like other bolt weapons. They do, however, have a bit of a kick to them while the Akbolto has nearly none.

But still, all those words breaking down because accuracy of akbolto is listed as 26.7, while hitting things with viper (15.4) way easier.

That's a serious amount of factors influencing a single stat. I mean, each of those can break a weapon on their own - baking them into one stat is just stupid and we don't know the values for each unless we datamine the S#&$ out of the game.

Take a look at Blacklight Retribution. That game offers a metric ton of information on every stat you could possibly imagine.

That's a serious amount of factors influencing a single stat. I mean, each of those can break a weapon on their own - baking them into one stat is just stupid and we don't know the values for each unless we datamine the S#&$ out of the game.

Take a look at Blacklight Retribution. That game offers a metric ton of information on every stat you could possibly imagine.

It's all about screen real-estate. Blacklight has terrible UIs that are basically all text. Thus it can tell you a lot about items/weapons but the UI actually drives people away. Warframe has lot of accenting and stylization going on, thus there's less screen real-estate for text. Warframe is also significantly more complex than blacklight and because of this they have a lot more individual objects to display on screen. Therefore It can't tell you as much about and individual something in pure text, but is more attractive and easy to use.

I'll take an unobtrusive, easy to use UI over an overly-text-based clunky UI any day. Especially when I can just find the info out elsewhere if I need to.

Edited by GottFaust