Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustrating Exterminate Waypoints

Szythers

Let me preface this by saying the changes to the way Exterminate works (spawning more enemies than is necessary to complete the objective) and overhaul of objective and extraction way-pointing in general compared to how the previous monochrome system functioned has been extremely welcome.

The issue I've been facing that has gradually annoyed me more and more lately is that there are instances when the way-point telling you where more enemies in the mission are points backwards to a previous mission area, where either an enemy was skipped/missed or occasionally has spawned in, because they are closer to you than the enemies on the path to extraction.

Sometimes the way forward is fairly obvious and can be followed until the way-point changes to the enemies ahead as they become closer. Most of the time however I find myself double taking and running back as I am unsure as to where I should go, and the enemies are sometimes so far ahead that continuing forward in spite of the way-point telling me to return does not put me close enough to the next group to change the way-point before enough doubt has entered my mind to force me back.

I suggest simply that the way-pointing shows you the enemies ahead on the path to extraction, in spite of the one or two or linger behind, as it ends up defeating the purpose of the original changes to exterminate. There can be times when so many have been left behind and you are too close to extraction that not enough will spawn to allow you to complete the mission, but I feel this is a minority of cases that shouldn't be too hard to account for. At the same time I don't know if one might say the same for my problem, but I know it would better my experience at least :smile:

37 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I get you point and a fix to this would be welcomed but is not really necessary. You can just ignore the waypoint and straight go ahead to get your kills.

"Most of the time however I find myself double taking and running back as I am unsure as to where I should go"
^ the way is not clear

I know it's not necessary, nothing is necessary, but this is feedback and as you said it'd be a welcome QoL fix.

The waypoint system seems to work okay if you're solo, but the wheels come off if you're in a group, and especially if you end up separated over more than about a tile's distance. Once that happens, waypoints vanish, they point in the wrong direction, they lead players in circles...it's a huge mess. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe