Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An old mechanic (well, bug) that's outlived its usefulness and is killing my favorite frame (Nova)

Ace4225

Just now, --Q--Nyu said:

You NEVER specified what you meant, this is more your fault than mine. Stop trolling. 

- I am not trolling. I am dead serious. I am sick of one of my favorite frames being used to troll and get teams killed. I wish I had recordings to prove it (maybe I'll start if that's what it takes)

- I didn't realize I had to spell out every little detail in every single one of my comments. Don't you play this game too?

@Ace4225 Use the edit button, buddy as you post 2 messages one after another, which is pointless.

And on the topic: I'm not even Nova main, but if I need to clear out some def fast I'll take speed Nova anytime, kill all enemies near the center with the rest of the team, where all of its members can benefit from shared exp instead of searching corridors for enemies to shy to come out.

Also: calling people stupid because they don't use your favourite frame as you'd wish... that's quite some attitude.

Edited by Soldier1312

Speed nova speeds up defence on most if not all defence tiles.

I can allready smell the max range, high duration novas on tier 5 bounties, if strength won't matter on nova.

If players die due to speed nova, it's due to not having any usefull equiptment, and they would have died anyway.

1 minute ago, Ace4225 said:

Slowva + Ember = clears the first 5 Hydron waves in 10 seconds or less each. Don't believe me? try it.

at least 130% str on Nova, max range and as much str as possible for Ember. Even should work post-Ember change.

:facepalm:
I remember taking my speed nova to Hydron doing the double affinity weeken, 9/10 times someone would go "speed nova? sweet!" in chat.
If a group can't handle it then its a problem with them, not Nova, if they can't stay alive maybe ask the Nova to stop?

No reason to remove more options because you don't understand you need to be defensive mods on your warframes when leveling..

Just now, trndr said:

If players die due to speed nova, it's due to not having any usefull equiptment, and they would have died anyway.

I've literally seen my health drop significantly faster by sped-up enemies. It's how the mechanic works. YOU SPEED UP ENEMIES THEY KILL YOU QUICKER. I can't believe people think I'm trolling. The dumb is real.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

Slowva + Ember = clears the first 5 Hydron waves in 10 seconds or less. Don't believe me? try it.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

at least 130% str on Nova, max range and as much str as possible for Ember. Even should work post-Ember change.

Once again: use edit button.

Also damage multiplier from M Prime is not affected by strength, which means... yep, Ember is as effective against enemies that has been slowed down as she would be against sped up.

3 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

Why do I feel like people will always have a problem no matter what DE does. 

Maybe we should just make warframe a Mobile game with lootboxes.

no but, sweet jebus would it be nice as a standalone instead of online only.

suddenly moddable, or if one doesn't like a major change one can hold on a prior patch and , you know enjoy the game without this weeks churn breaking or burying something for them... and that holding true for everyone suddenly even those with wildly different views.

then if op wanted no speedva, well hot dang, they could mod that way the game itself and see how popular the communities they can find supporting that are or aren't, all neatly wrapped int heir desired space.

but yeah, beyond that a quick review says op is in fact overpresent in hydron, as noted by one of their last comments in another thread on their 15 minute afk ember build for the node.

I could afk on Hydron for the first 15 waves with my build before the rework, and take all the orange stats. :P

and continuing to ignore that newsflash, people are different. 

theres always ways to hose someone else over. some of them don't even have ways to do anything about it even knowing its possible. a pencil is a murder tool in the hands that make it so as well, lets eliminate those. sigh. 

Just now, Ace4225 said:

And I'll pray to RNJesus that they listen. :D

Sure, you can always just leave?
Its not any different from a Rhino that wont stop stomping, making you run around and find every floating enemy in their spawns.
Or a Zephyr casting Tornado and doing no damage with it, just making it harder to kill enemies, Hydroid Undertow? Nezha Spears?
There is no threads to remove any of those.

7 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

but yeah, beyond that a quick review says op is in fact overpresent in hydron, as noted by one of their last comments in another thread on their 15 minute afk ember build for the node.

- umm, why does this matter to the discussion? Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
- I was using that to make a point in a different thread. I've only actually done that a handful of times.
- If you must get a backstory on me..... I actually hate Hydron (mostly for the reason stated in this post) and usually take to leveling my gear in Spy missions. (where I can solo and still get good XP without having to deal with pub-scrubs.)

Edited by Ace4225

Just now, Kayll said:

Sure, you can always just leave?
Its not any different from a Rhino that wont stop stomping, making you run around and find every floating enemy in their spawns.
Or a Zephyr casting Tornado and doing no damage with it, just making it harder to kill enemies, Hydroid Undertow? Nezha Spears?

I'm sorry, but birdie can now kill, as well as Hydroid with augment. Just had to point it out, sorry!

1 minute ago, Kayll said:

Except none of those powers make the enemies stronger in the process. Nor are their mechanics the result of a bug that was never removed. People haven't even addressed my actual suggested change. I'm just saddened by the responses to this post (though I figured I'd have to defend it)

This is exactly what I meant by Nova being toxified -- no one can agree on how she should be played. And the INTENDED MECHANIC for her power is actually unwanted? This is exactly why I started this thread.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

Except none of those powers make the enemies stronger in the process. Nor are their mechanics the result of a bug that was never removed. People haven't even addressed my actual suggested change. I'm just saddened by the responses to this post (though I figured I'd have to defend it)

This is exactly what I meant by Nova being toxified -- no one can agree on how she should be played. And the INTENDED MECHANIC for her power is actually unwanted? This is exactly why I started this thread.

So they way we should agree on being played is by killing build diversity? Great idea.
Lots of unintended things end up staying in the game because it ends up adding more to the game than it does by removing it.
Anyway, this suggestion would hopefully never happen, its like trying to bring down people above you because you can't keep up, ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Ace4225 said:

What you fail to understand is that YOUR preference is NOT the way the frame should be played for everybody. It is the fact that you fail to even comprehend the uses of speed nova that I found saddening. As a nova "main" or so you claim, you need to understand that using a slowva build for defense is the best way to piss everybody off. People don't go to hydron to stand there 20 minutes per 5 waves. We want to get it over as quick as possible. It has nothing to do with bugs or anything, it is about being as effective as possible and saving as much time as possible. Your suggestion is just slowing down the whole defense, because "people find it annoying"? As previously stated, go a slowva and you will see salt. It is your preference the one who is seen as a hindrance. 

2 minutes ago, Kayll said:

its like trying to bring down people above you because you can't keep up, ridiculous.

I've played shooters competitively. A bit different from Warframe, but I've always looked at this game from the same perspective. Competitive play = safest build is best.

Can't keep up? Bruh, I take orange stats every game because no one else tries.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

[ General quote of comments about Speedva bringing enemies to center quicker ]

If y'all are too lazy to actually go after enemies, what the hell are you playing shooters for?

If you can't handle the LITTLE challenge increase that a speedva adds to a mission, play solo.
You could have done that from the beginning instead of posting utterly ridiculous threads on the forums.

1 minute ago, --Q--Nyu said:

YOUR preference is NOT the way the frame should be played for everybody.

My.. preference... for the developer-intended use of the power... that actually works and helps everybody?

Over 1 alternative method for 1 power....

o.k.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

- umm, why does this matter to the discussion? Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
- I was using that to make a point in a different thread. I've only actually done that a handful of times.
- If you must get a backstory on me..... I actually hate Hydron (mostly for the reason stated in this post) and usually take to leveling my gear in Spy missions.

because it directly relates to the argument you CHOSE to use in the first place.

yes we believe you have only done afk for 15 minutes with ember "a few times". 

and this third line is what drives the point home. you hate hydron because some players in some public matches run a buld that gets some players who aren't prepared killed in a map you hate but are in anyway. yet you don't see anything illogical in that argumentation.

worse you proceed again and again to think that having multiple ways a thing CAN BE PLAYED is a NEGATIVE THING>

so lets define it as one and only one way and if you weren't doing that before, get hosed people.

how about this. go visit find a squad recruitment and find those that share your views instead of like OH SO MANY crusading that everyone suck down only one way for all.

but hey lets go back in the time machine to other DE intended mechanics, how about the one when they changed to radial affinity and added mr based starting mod capacity, both as a stopgap measure intended to be temporary(as a certain founder redditor likes to trot out frequently) way back in 2013 when the founders program was ending. there are a great deal of not as originally planned elements.

and holy crap as i write. 

what are we playing shooters for you say.

protip and fact rolled into one.

the first thing you are doing at the very tippy tip of the game after cinematic and picking a frame to start with, is use powers to nuke. before even GETTING A WEAPON>

"shooter".

that the game allows lassitude in its design such that it can be played AS a shooter and not a powers only, or melee only game is exactly the same sort of variability you are herein arguing to remove a chunk of.

the problem is your perspective or lack of same.

Just now, Ace4225 said:

My.. preference... for the developer-intended use of the power... that actually works and helps everybody?

Over 1 alternative method for 1 power....

o.k.

Explain to me how is slowing down a wave of enemies to a crawl, forcing the mission to take WAY longer than normal, when all people want to do is get xp, switch gears and repeat, helping everybody? PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT.