Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question]Is (Vandal) Snipetron with a good riven viable for Eidolon Hunts?

BlackTrickst3r

Question

I have a decent Snipetron riven (mainly for the cc +195%) and i was wondering if it was worthy using catalyst and formas on such a weapon.

Crit Chance get's quite high and zooming in 2 times with the Scope gives a decent x6 multiplier. But the weapon has a really low dmg output compared to Lanka.

• Snipetron: 180 dmg (80% puncture)
  • Snipetron Vandal: 200 dmg (90% puncture)

Lanka: Uncharged Shot 200 dmg (electricity) | Charged Shot 525 dmg

8 answers to this question

I tried many weapons, sniperton included, but nothing works better than Lanka. Snipetron was mediocre even on lv 20 terralyst. Riven included.

If you want weapon that doesn't require scope and charge mechanics it's better to use other sniper or euphona.

Lanka:

Mods: Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hellfire, Stormbringer.

Damage: 3 822  CC: 62.5% (112.5% when zoomed)  CD: 4.4

When zoomed to max, multiplies damage by 8x. If multiplicative with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 134 534 with a 12.5% of 269 069 damage. If additive with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 47 393 with a 12.5% of 62 681.

Snipetron Vandal:

Mods: Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Riven with 195% cc.

Damage: 1 456  CC: 124.6%  CD: 4.4

When zoomed to max, multiplies damage by 6x. If multiplicative with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 38438 with a 24.6% of 76 877 damage. If additive with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 15 142 with a 24.6% of 20 966.

Opticor:

Damage: 7 280  CC: 50%  CD: 5.5

Deals 7 280 always with a 50% of 40 040 damage.

This does not count shot combo multipliers.

Edited to account for inaccuracy, add more information, and to streamline previous information. +30% efficiency

Edit: Results will vary depending on mods chosen (Edit to edit: this was written to compare the three weapons with basic mods to the one weapon, Snipetron Vandal, with the same mods, plus a riven)

Edit: Did I edit this too much? Maybe. Did I get a little obsessive with making sure everything was explained properly and truthfully? Yes. Do I regret spending time on this. No, not really.

Edited by Wolfren-13

54 minutes ago, Wolfren-13 said:

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I can give you a paper analysis. If you put on serration, hellfire, and stormbringer you would have 924 total damage. The crit chance of the Snipetron Vandel with that riven and a point strike would be about ~97%.  With a modded Crit damage of 2.4x and a zoom damage boost of 6x. I am not sure whether the crit damage multiplier and zoom multiplier is additive or multiplicative, but if additive it would be about ~7762 damage.

A regular Lanka with Point Strike is only about ~68% crit chance before zooming, after zooming all the way it would be ~113%. The modded crit damage would be the same at 2.4x. With serration, hellfire, and stormbringer you would have ~2426 total damage. Since every shot will crit due to it's high crit chance when fully zooming and each fully zoomed shot will have a 8x multiplier, it would deal 25225 damage per shot. An Orange crit would deal ~31053 damage.

This is just going off what info I could get in the wiki. You should also consider it may be harder to land shots with the Lanka due to it's travel time. Also, this is not taking into account damage type multipliers on the Eidolons.

Edit: Hope this helps somewhat.

I see, with the riven and point strike i get 124% CC. Still not worthy? Should i just stick to a normal 5 forma Opticor?

2 hours ago, BlackTrickst3r said:

I see, with the riven and point strike i get 124% CC. Still not worthy? Should i just stick to a normal 5 forma Opticor?

Wow, thanks for pointing out I messed up on the math there, sorry. Let me correct that.

Edit: Iif you already have an opticor like that you are probably better off sticking to it. Sure, it doesn't have 100%+ cc or Shot Combo Multiplier, but about half of it's shots will deal twice as much damage as the Snipetron Vandal's orange crits (if the multipliers are additive).

Edited by Wolfren-13

On February 28, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Wolfren-13 said:

Lanka:

Damage: 3 822  CC: 62.5% (112.5% when zoomed)  CD: 4.4

When zoomed to max, multiplies damage by 8x. If multiplicative with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 134 534 with a 12.5% of 269 069 damage. If additive with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 47 393 with a 12.5% of 62 681.

Snipetron Vandal:

Mods: Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Riven with 195% cc.

Damage: 1 456  CC: 124.6%  CD: 4.4

When zoomed to max, multiplies damage by 6x. If multiplicative with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 38438 with a 24.6% of 76 877 damage. If additive with critical damage multiplier, damage will be 15 142 with a 24.6% of 20 966.

Opticor:

Damage: 7 280  CC: 50%  CD: 5.5

Deals 7 280 always with a 50% of 40 040 damage.

This does not count shot combo multipliers.

Edited to account for inaccuracy, add more information, and to streamline previous information. +30% efficiency

Edit: Results will vary depending on mods chosen (Edit to edit: this was written to compare the three weapons with basic mods to the one weapon, Snipetron Vandal, with the same mods, plus a riven)

Edit: Did I edit this too much? Maybe. Did I get a little obsessive with making sure everything was explained properly and truthfully? Yes. Do I regret spending time on this. No, not really.

Your concept about the 8x is kinda wrong , the 8x you see when lanka is zoomed to max is NOT a damage multiplier rather its how much youre zooming at the moment, different snipers have different zoom levels, and the bonus on zoom is different aswell, lanka gives a +50% cc when zoomed to max while snipetron gives 50% damage on headshot. You can see this for yourself by using a -zoom riven, e.g with my riven i get 4x zoom at max with a 50% additional cc

The damage multiplier you are referring to will be written below the crosshairs while zooming, it works just like the melee dmg multiplier, increases with the number of consecutive shots that hit.

On February 28, 2018 at 9:01 PM, Twilight053 said:

Snipetron Vandal works, but is generally less optimal than the more readily available choices like Rubico and Lanka.

Imo, snipetron is more of a rifle than a sniper, try using it with -100% recoil and additional firerate, works like a charm.

Per shot dmg is higher for lanka, or opticor etc, but the point of snipetron is its utility, in the amount of time lanka fires once, snipetron v firest 4-5 times (Considering youre adding firerate.

On February 28, 2018 at 8:49 PM, BlackTrickst3r said:

I have a decent Snipetron riven (mainly for the cc +195%) and i was wondering if it was worthy using catalyst and formas on such a weapon.

Crit Chance get's quite high and zooming in 2 times with the Scope gives a decent x6 multiplier. But the weapon has a really low dmg output compared to Lanka.

• Snipetron: 180 dmg (80% puncture)
  • Snipetron Vandal: 200 dmg (90% puncture)

Lanka: Uncharged Shot 200 dmg (electricity) | Charged Shot 525 dmg

Disregarding the facts above, for eidolons, lanka is still the best, but trying yourself is the best remedy to all problems.

After writing all this ive noticed that this is a rather old post, but i dont want to discard this ._.

Pls correct me if im wrong anywhere, and i will commit to research.

Guys guys, the Vulkar is the best sniper HANDS DOWN, NOTHING COMPARES OR COMES CLOSE!!!  You all know it 😉 lol JK

Lanka I say.

But the SV will do ya, in both cases mods are the key factor but the Lanka trumps the SV, if you don't have the clan though...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lanka

A uncharged shot from the Lanka does the same damage as the SV apparently

Edited by (XB1)XxWEEBHUNTERxX
Adding Wiki page link