Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Terrible Eidolon Hunts

Inquizitor

I feel like this post has a lot of complaints but no suggestions. The forums are meant for feedback not complaining with no solution. Also I feel like you have noted several bugs but not actual problems with the fight (aka status immunity not applying properly). I know for myself Oberon's Hallowed Ground has worked fine for these current eidolons, especially with Chroma's group Vex Armor buff to help fortify the team. Also I'm sorry there's a meta, but there is no way to not have a meta and have a challenging fight that requires at least some preparation, or else they might as well hand out the rewards for free every night cycle.

So I have a problem that seems to fit here.

Before the Shrine of the Eidolon update, my Chroma/Arca Plasmor was able to capture a Teralyst with no squad. Times were good...

But once the update dropped, my entire setup was utterly useless against it. I tried everything to find out what the problem was, and still have no sure answer. It seems like there's arcanes you get from the Quills that will help, but to get those I have to kill a Teralyst! I feel locked out now, with no hope of regaining my ability to capture it.

As said in the OP, you HAVE to use specific frames/weapons to even stand a chance. With this change (whatever it was) it feels like DE is pandering hard to a loud minority of vets, leaving up-and-coming players baffled about how to go about winning this. Especially since, with the change, arcanes are up for grabs! 

Basically, I just want to know:

• What changed that made my setup I mentioned worthless?
  • What can I do to start standing a chance again? (advice, a guide, anything!)

By the way, saying that what someone was doing was stupid and they suck is not only unhelpful, but drives away players (and potential customers) from trying to find a way to win.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be alot simpler if hydrolyst didn't two shot limbo in his personal rift, so 1 person could revive everyone else, or have the gaudy poison floor ability to cover 150m+ radius of where you are standing to do massive damage over short intervals.

On 31/03/2018 at 11:48 AM, xmegarockx said:

LANKA need NERF is too op and riven change to dispo 1.

Why would this bother you? Unless you dont have both lanka and a riven, then I would understand. 

You can use lanka without the riven as well and it works perfectly fine, or any other sniper for that matter

• 2 years later...

No matter what, everything on PoE is outdated and worst versions of the other SandBox maps,Vallis and Deriva. The system of reputation are worst than Deriva, the boss fights are worst than Vallis, the animals are too simple and badly designed compared to the fauna of Vallis and Deriva. The map itself is just a map with nothing, almost no flora, no structures, the structures are on places with no relevance. Vallis you can farm Toroids, you can farm something usefull, there are more fishes to get and caves to explore and get fishes also and animals, a lot of spots to mining. Vallis you can fight with Raknoids, something like the GTA 5-stars system. Deimos got the better system of reputation, you can farm it everytime and keep it until the system resets. You can go for the vault when you want, on Vallis you can fight the bosses when you want, you can farm the baits for fishing on Deriva, and about the lore, no comments, I know about Deimos and Fortuna, but Cetus... What about quests involving lore of the people of Cetus? I didn't see. I saw but I don't get involved. No immersion at all.

PoE needs a rework or some of the systems of the other maps. I see PoE like the first one which got outdated and with bad or badly designed systems of boss, design, fauna, flora, reputation and activities like mining, fishing and hunting.

Eidolon's fight are badly designed because was the first open-map boss. Lures, operator constantly dying (IDK why), time to do (40 mins, ok, Profit have a timer also, but it's the stage of the fight, make sense and I don't see it as something badly designed) and the waiting time (1h), the setups to beat him are a bad thing for a game with variety of Frames and weapons (you can solo with any frame, but we are talking about efficiency). I think DE wanted a REAL BOSS fight. So they thought "let's make some badass FX and a lot of mechanics on it", but it's too much FX and too many mechanics for a boss among 3 other different fights and guess what: Isn't a memorable fight. Is awful, boring.

Not the Eidolon's "Lysts", PoE is the problem actualy. Needs attention and DE, sometimes as I see, are forgeting the old features quite fast.
Sarge's, Jordas', VayHek's fights as example.