Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reviving because of chatting

Doctor_Nurse

The fact that hitting enter to chat while you're dead causes you to revive is pretty stupid, honestly. Hitting enter when the chat box is open is fine, but being unable to communicate with the team is a terrible idea. I'm downed on the other half of the map while people are heading to exit, so I'm just chatting away with them while they're going to ex-aaaaaand now I just lost a couple hundred thousand affinity because I hit enter since that's the key required to send a chat message. Another example, the one that spurred me to make this post, is my screen froze. My sound worked, abilities/guns worked, but my screen was stuck on a previous image so I had no clue what was going on. Since I could hear the chat box opening sound, and a friend was in the game, I knew my chat was working. I was still chatting away while I told them to let me die (since I couldn't see my way to the exit) and while I was typing, I hit enter of course to send the message. And now the auto extraction can't happen because 2 people in the 2 man squad are alive instead of just 1 man to auto-extract when reaching the end. Now I lose affinity, we have to sit here another 15 seconds while I lose invulnerability and die/time out again. Can this be changed so TALKING doesn't cost a player/the team?

3 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

umm what's the key bound for actions for you ? and other than that dont you need to hold down the key to revive yourself ?

they mean once youre already dead and have the option to revive or abort

i agree with OP i dislike that and recently had some frustrations on that. i was in an eidolon hunt that went a little sour and ended up using my last revive and each time i hit enter to chat it popped up a box asking if i wanted to abort...which i definitely did not want to do

Similar on PS4.

You can’t press square to reload because it’s the same button you use to force-kill.

And it decides by itself what to do - it tells you to hold, but it can auto-kill you if you just touch it, as if you’re holding the button, or it will not. Either way, it doesn’t reload your gun.

There has to be a change to the force-kill system. Hell, just remove it entirely. There are too many people who kill themselves when they’re downed, literally while I am midway through reviving them myself.

Then they complain that they can’t respawn when they do die because they wasted all their lives.

Or at least make it a two-buttons-at-once prompt then select ‘yes’ to actually do it. There’s no double-button combinations in this game barring Abilities.

Edit: Okay so I just now realised you meant reviving while you’re already dead. But still, the force-killing is a problem as well.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93