Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distilling shouldn't ever have left

Sunder

There's zero negative impact to players having this available to us. I honestly cannot fathom why this was removed in the first place. Today's hotfix featured...

Arcane Manager Changes:
As mentioned in yesterday's Hotfix, we have made some changes to the Arcane Manager screen to alleviate confusion when Upgrading. We will continue to monitor this for further necessary changes! 

6ymAONO.jpg 

• When Upgrading an Arcane, you can now specify to what level you want to Upgrade it to.
  • When Upgrading an Arcane, you can now do multiple Ranks in a single operation.
  • The ‘NEXT RANK’ button will appear grayed out if you do not have the required amount of Arcanes to proceed to the next rank.
  • Changed the Arcane Rank indicators to be Arcane icons instead of numbers.

Which is a nice start.

But we need Arcanes of the same rank to stack.

We need an option to distill. Making them, "Like mods" shouldn't be a reason to remove them. Their uses  are limited and situational in most cases. If they're to be, "like mods" then make them mods. Arcanes were always separate for a reason. I noticed yesterday players who posted and expressed their annoyance at accidentally ranking some of their arcanes to Rank 2 and then the rest of them to Rank 1. Effectively splitting their groups permanently and ruining their sets. This issue was brought up to Pablo very fast following the update

OgPvpB7.png

I'm happy that DE stepped up to acknowledge this. But putting a warning and trying to make it more obvious (Like red text indicated) was, and is not the fix we're looking for. I really don't want to plague support with even more tickets than they already have just to ask someone to go into my inventory and adjust an accident...

Please restore Distillers functionality.

Edited by Sunder

Unless they start letting us partially upgrade to the next rank I sadly don't see that as their intention.

I'm fearing there's some more nefarious reason for removing distilling that the business side of DE isn't saying aloud....maybe it's expected to boost platinum trading in some way. Or intended to be a credit sink and thus a drain on resources getting some demographic of people to play more. Sadly this is where my mind wanders as  I can't think of any other reason as to why distilling would be removed from the game.

its simple really, there isnt really a need to distill arcanes as they can now be equiped on any frame you own eg have one arcane energise at r3, and i can put that on both my mag and my saryn at once, just like with say a transient fortitude mod. now that they arent tied down to anything specific and you can equip and unequip them as youd like distilling has become unnecessary in that while removing didnt do any good, keeping it also wouldnt have done any good. as for accidentally upgrading, that should be more or less fixed now as there is a thing on your arcanes themselves showing the current rank so as to avoid such careless mistakes.  

1 minute ago, YandereWaifu said:

its simple really, there isnt really a need to distill arcanes as they can now be equiped on any frame you own eg have one arcane energise at r3, and i can put that on both my mag and my saryn at once, just like with say a transient fortitude mod. now that they arent tied down to anything specific and you can equip and unequip them as youd like distilling has become unnecessary in that while removing didnt do any good, keeping it also wouldnt have done any good. as for accidentally upgrading, that should be more or less fixed now as there is a thing on your arcanes themselves showing the current rank so as to avoid such careless mistakes.  

When I mention distilling that's what I mean. De-ranking Arcanes.

As I said, today's update was a good start but there's literally no downside to letting us downgrade them. Lots of people already accidentally did so and are simply just S.O.L.? That doesn't seem right. Distillers are still in our inventories. Let us use them. The picture I provided is but of one example. I've seen a few people now who screwed up their Arcane Energize set. Some of which I imagine paid a lot of platinum for. I can't find any logical reason for removing distilling(de-ranking) arcanes....so why not let us?

i still dont understand why people pay like 50 USD 750 plat or more (currency may vary using mine for some clarity) for 10 arcane energize granted i never really got into them might be why but it still boggles my mind. Kinda off note at least from my trade sessions lurking in trade chat i saw people trying to sell energize for like 150-200 per unranked unit while back on topic I can agree either allow us to put ranked arcanes together say like one is rank 2 i think thats like 6 arcanes and one that is rank 1 witch is 3 to makes a rank 3 with 9 in it or break them apart into single units again BTW correct me if im wrong on the arcane rank things  as i said before im bad at them since ive never used them and kinda just got into them passively from the eidolon dropping them

33 minutes ago, seprent said:

i still dont understand why people pay like 50 USD 750 plat or more (currency may vary using mine for some clarity) for 10 arcane energize granted i never really got into them might be why but it still boggles my mind. Kinda off note at least from my trade sessions lurking in trade chat i saw people trying to sell energize for like 150-200 per unranked unit while back on topic I can agree either allow us to put ranked arcanes together say like one is rank 2 i think thats like 6 arcanes and one that is rank 1 witch is 3 to makes a rank 3 with 9 in it or break them apart into single units again BTW correct me if im wrong on the arcane rank things  as i said before im bad at them since ive never used them and kinda just got into them passively from the eidolon dropping them

And that is now that they can drop from a more accessible loot source (and not one per day). Before, Arcane Energize went for like 450p per unranked piece. You really needed over 4000p for a single set. That's how rare they were.

1 minute ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

And that is now that they can drop from a more accessible loot source (and not one per day). Before, Arcane Energize went for like 450p per unranked piece. You really needed over 4000p for a single set. That's how rare they were.

ah i see i never really paid attention and still bobbles my mind people paid that much for like if i remember right a 40% chance on picking up a orb to restore energy i know it ignores channeling abilities when giving energy but i can sympathize with people who may have made a mistake and want to fix it then killing mr big and orange the hydrolyst who i never fought yet so idk his difficulty or paying still like 10 bucks a piece or more depending on seller why i kinda gave my thought of fusing them together so as long it doesn't break the rule of 10 and if it does well separate the extras so you have a max rank and what ever left on its own

42 minutes ago, seprent said:

i still dont understand why people...

7 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

And that is now that they can drop from a more accessible loot source...

1 minute ago, seprent said:

ah i see i never really paid attention and still bobbles my mind...

Putting the reason why people buy these arcanes with plat or trade for them or what-have-you aside, it still begs the question why de-ranking Arcanes was removed. It makes absolute zero sense. There's no negative effects of us being able to do so and if anything will let us trade them more freely with others.  We need this option back.

3 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Putting the reason why people buy these arcanes with plat or trade for them or what-have-you aside, it still begs the question why de-ranking Arcanes was removed. It makes absolute zero sense. There's no negative effects of us being able to do so and if anything will let us trade them more freely with others.  We need this option back.

maybe they thought there design was straight forward enough and thought it was kinda redundant and removed it i think with enough community stirring something is going to be done for this specific problem i wish luck to the people who want this option back for trading or to fix this problem with their personal set up

maybe they thought there design was straight forward enough and thought it was kinda redundant and removed it i think with enough community stirring something is going to be done for this specific problem i wish luck to the people who want this option back for trading or to fix this problem with their personal set up

Straight-forward or not, us as players see no negative impact from being able to distill/de-rank our Arcanes. If there's anything to gain from restricting us doing so it's on DE's side. Some sort of statistics they're aware of that'll benefit them alone. It's the only reason I can think of.

6 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Straight-forward or not, us as players see no negative impact from being able to distill/de-rank our Arcanes. If there's anything to gain from restricting us doing so it's on DE's side. Some sort of statistics they're aware of that'll benefit them alone. It's the only reason I can think of.

that or they made a mistake and are working on a fix for the new system all i can really say is give it time and hope people who made this mistake with their arcanes and try to keep a level head for abit and not got straight to digital pitchforks and torches if i put it to a timer it would after the devstream and nothing is done pitchforks are ok

Edited by seprent
needed context

that or they made a mistake and are working on a fix for the new system all i can really say is give it time and hope people who made this mistake with their arcanes and try to keep a level head for abit and not got straight to digital pitchforks and torches if i put it to a timer it would after the devstream and nothing is done pitchforks are ok

Thing is folks have already put in support tickets to fix this "issue". If they keep this as is the wait time is only going to increase. I've had a support ticket take over a month to fully resolve. And it was only done in that time cause someone from [DE]  happened to be in-game and I was able to talk with them and get it fixed. 

Letting us de-rank/distill, whatever you wanna call it, has no negative impacts upon us as players.

Keeping the system as is so far has the negative impact that people are gonna task support with fixing their accidents.

2 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Thing is folks have already put in support tickets to fix this "issue". If they keep this as is the wait time is only going to increase. I've had a support ticket take over a month to fully resolve. And it was only done in that time cause someone from [DE]  happened to be in-game and I was able to talk with them and get it fixed. 

Letting us de-rank/distill, whatever you wanna call it, has no negative impacts upon us as players.

Keeping the system as is so far has the negative impact that people are gonna task support with fixing their accidents.

i can agree that would be rather taxing of a build up in support to see idk how many requests to break up there arcanes because they keep accidentally putting them together like imagine it was a actual on piece of paper request that be alot of paper stacked up

Edited by seprent
spelling mistakes noticed after pushing enter

5 hours ago, Sunder said:

Reason or not, they do move in the direction of simplifying everything, just like with the fusion system, where they've replaced the Fusion Core mods with Endo. The system is indeed far easier to understand (although it was a non-issue for most), but you lose the ability to trade the fusion mods themselves. This game is just geared towards those kind of people it seems...

With this minor issue present or not, you have to agree that the new system is a huge step forward. Being able to equip any arcanes on any number of frames at the same time, without having to worry about frame specific hemets or syandanas is the final piece the hole arcane system needed.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

On 3/3/2018 at 3:25 AM, -N7-Leonhart said:

Reason or not, they do move in the direction of simplifying everything, just like with the fusion system, where they've replaced the Fusion Core mods with Endo. The system is indeed far easier to understand (although it was a non-issue for most), but you lose the ability to trade the fusion mods themselves. This game is just geared towards those kind of people it seems...

With this minor issue present or not, you have to agree that the new system is a huge step forward. Being able to equip any arcanes on any number of frames at the same time, without having to worry about frame specific hemets or syandanas is the final piece the hole arcane system needed.

Like I presented in my original post, these changes and updates were a step in the right direction.

But there's still more work to be done if they truly want to "simplify" everything.

Edited by Sunder

There's been vocal feedback about arcanes not being able to be de-ranked and yet with today's update they haven't even acknowledged it. Mark my words, when it IS finally brought up on a Dev Stream or something? All we're gonna get is one of them *coughcoughScottcoughcough* simply saying, "they're meant to be like mods now....so no de-ranking".

Then make them bloody mods and add a slot for them. Arcanes are NOT the same. The fact DE is avoiding this very easy and very simple feature that has ZERO negative impact on players is very shady. Donning a tinfoil hat it makes me think there's some sort of projection from the business side of DE saying, "We'll make more money if we don't let them de-rank them."