Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: Broken, Unplayable, Unusable and Ignored

Konachibi

9 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Would love to see a video of Titania cheesing 5th bounty, tbh. Just to shove it in every "make titania great again" thread :thumbup:

5th bounty? Good idea.

I'm not saying that her entire kit is perfect btw... She has a lot of room for optimization/improvements, but she definitely doesn't suck. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

8 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

*boop* 

So yeah... her augment actually makes her really fast, and the bonus scales with power Str--so it's more than a 15% bonus... My balanced build makes her faster than a zephyr, inside PoE. Her channeled ability is really not that bad, when it comes to energy cost tbh. And that video was made *purely* to show how fast her melee--the most hated melee ingame--can kill enemies. Just showcasing how "bad" she really is. 

Dw tho, I'll make another video of her soloing sorties or something... Just to teach you how to play her ;)

I quite know how to play her.  Your condescension in neither warranted nor wanted.

That aside, yes the augment makes her fast, but it demands you cast a number of other skills into enemies/allies or at the ground under her in order to maintain it and is problematic both because of how it functions as I just described and because she is a toggle frame and her limited energy stores are precious for maintaining razorwing.

Her melee is still very bad despite your attempts to show otherwise.  You set it up with paused AI and prebuffed yourself and look at that energy drain, how long could you maintain that kill rate with Titania's melee?  I can throw on a GalaP or any number of other weapons even on a frame that doesn't boost damage, like Wukong, Nidus, Inaros, Trinity what have you and slice through those enemies even faster after the combo meter built up for a few seconds.  All while being invulnerable...indefinitely.  So what's your point?  You died to paused AI.

And yes impress me with sortie solo videos please, something that any frame is capable of because sorties are easy.  How far into a Mot endurance can you take her?

Edited by Vindicus8235

10 hours ago, Vindicus8235 said:

She's pretty hot garbage.  Her damage is nice, but other than that she's basically a meme.  No survivability, no speed which is hilarious for the flying frame getting outran by bullet jumpers in PoE, can't loot anything/misses out on tons of loot, gets 1 shot constantly by turrets that are supposed to shoot down archwings now in PoE--what other frame deals with that bullcrap?, clunky controls just like archwing, feels like her model is at least 3 times as large as it shows when flying--bumps into everything on the map, augments that make no sense..use tons of energy to use abilities on a channel ability frame so that you can move 15% faster for 8 seconds?  who thought this stuff up?  ever played titania?, her melee is completely pointless--it's just plain bad, so many problems it's difficult to list them all.

For the present moment and just to show they have some heart DE should at least give her some vacuum.  Playing her and trying to loot anything is torture.

1 hour ago, Vindicus8235 said:

I quite know how to play her.  Your condescension in neither warranted or wanted.

That aside, yes the augment makes her fast, but it demands you cast a number of other skills into enemies/allies or at the ground under her in order to maintain it and is problematic both because of how it functions as I just described and because she is a toggle frame and her limited energy stores are precious for maintaining razorwing.

Her melee is still very bad despite your attempts to show otherwise.  You set it up with paused AI and prebuffed yourself and look at that energy drain, how long could you maintain that kill rate with Titania's melee?  I can throw on a GalaP or any number of other weapons even on a frame that doesn't boost damage, like Wukong, Nidus, Inaros, Trinity what have you and slice through those enemies even faster after the combo meter built up for a few seconds.  All while being invulnerable...indefinitely.  So what's your point?  You died to paused AI.

And yes impress me with sortie solo videos please, something that any frame is capable of because sorties are easy.  How far into a Mot endurance can you take her?

On her lack of survivability...
Razorwing has +50% evasion passive, Tribute Dust (the easiest aura to maintain full stacks on) is a fixed -50% acc penalty out to 30m (fixed, so narrow your mind freely) for 120s (also fixed) that you can refresh. You don't need durability if you never get hit. You just need to make sure you never get hit. I literally fly without redir/vit/vig these days, because it's not needed.

On her lack of speed...
Without Razorwing Blitz, she has a 25% improved bullet jump distance (which she can share). She's one of the lucky two (literally her and Mirage only) that get to run a third effective bullet jump mod (others being the real mod and Telos Boltace). With Blitz, she can go from one side of the Plains to the other faster than an Itzal using Hyperion Thrusters (blink can still beat her) at only 200% power strength.

On looting problems....
Honestly I don't have any issues with this, but then I'm one of those since-u8 vets who has massive stockpiles of most resources and basically every enemy-dropped mod in the game. While I'd love to see vac or even univac for out-of-mission drops (resources, mods, etc), I vehemently oppose anything that will suck up energy orbs. She requires careful rationing of those.

On AA turrets oneshotting her...
The red missiles of doom mostly just have glitchy homing and hitboxes. I've literally been hit by them after they pass me. Really quite annoying. Definitely needs a look at. But this is also a problem for Archwings too- especially the Itzal. Blink into Penumbra is your only real hope against them even though blink alone should be fine. And when they get fired at people on the ground, ho boy. Oh and actually it's a number of enemies that can fire them, not just the missile turrets.

On clunky Archwing controls... I keep hoping they'll give her Skywing's, but they're honestly not THAT bad after a while.

On collision meshes being "like 3 times [larger]"... That's an exaggeration if I ever did see one. Never felt that way to me.

On her energy throughput...
I'll give you that one in the context of Blitz (without Energize), but a competent build can maintain it indefinitely without almost trivially. Prior to Blitz I've done whole Sortie 3 runs in Razorwing the entire time, without Arcane Energize or feeling like I was gonna run out of fuel. With Blitz, however, I feel AE may be mandatory due to the multi-casting requirement.

On Razorwing Blitz...
You originally quoted it as 15% for 8s. It's 25% for 8s, and the duration and strength stack and scale to power stats. My own OW build for her gets 225% for up to ~53s, at 60% eff and minimum drain. With Primed Flow and a r2 Arcane Energize, after the first charge up I only had to drop Razorwing if I need to press X for some reason (or get 360 noscoped by red homing missiles pulling a 180 because rEaSoNs), while keeping Blitz at full stacks for an entire Bounty. I've since gotten more Energize and it's gotten even more comfy.
You're selling the augment absurdly short if you think the way you seem to think. It takes a lot of high-end gear to make it truly shine (a full Energize set is still close to 2k plat), but oh how bright does it shine.

On the melee being hot garbage..
Yeah it is. Desperately needs collision damage immunity on melee dash to not be suicidal. Also needs significantly better crit/status. Might be able to do something interesting with it with a future Exodia (since those still work on exalted melees, or so I've heard), but none currently provide anything really spicy on what you can trigger. Damn shame, too, because Contagion would be amazing on her if you could actually trigger it.

On "how far into a Mot endurance"...
k but y tho? Titania isn't a good long-endurance frame, she's an airstrike with decent CC and a status cleanse. In fact, a smart solo sortie 3 interception setup is 1/3-based not 4-based.

Leaning towards you only *think* you know how to play her, given the problems you seem to have with her.

Edited by TheBlueJelly
Condensed the vertical a bit.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

*snip*

Appreciate the constructive post (minus the final sentence).  I understand her mechanics quite well.  She's child's play compared to say Limbo or Harrow to figure out.  That said I'm sure there are nuances to every frame left to learn for everybody.

Most of what you've provided as fixes, such as maintaining buffs and maintaining razorwing while still having energy to use other skills may be fixed by arcane energize, I wouldn't know.  I've not played any other frame that's felt even remotely gimped by not having it, so it seems that balancing around having it specifically for Titania would be a digression.  Many or most players will never have a r3 ArcEn so it seems bizarre that it would be a requirement for only 1 frame to play properly.

I love Titania, don't get me wrong.  She's my favorite frame for PoE but the turret 1 shots borderline ruin it for me.  I can basically maintain razorwing indefinitely as long as I belly flop on some energy orbs and don't use skills.  When I start using skills trying to maintain razorwing blitz I find myself dropping down to use dash quite frequently, which seems counter-intuitive to me.  This is with 160% efficiency and 179% duration 189% str, so it's not some max str blind rage build.  It's balanced leaning towards efficiency and I'll have 193% duration once I get my final rank on narrow minded/primed cont.

On Mot endurance: It's my counter to playing vs paused AI (and dying nonetheless).

I quite know how to play her.  Your condescension in neither warranted nor wanted.

She's pretty hot garbage.  Her damage is nice, but other than that she's basically a meme.  No survivability, no speed which is hilarious for the flying frame getting outran by bullet jumpers in PoE, can't loot anything/misses out on tons of loot, gets 1 shot constantly by turrets that are supposed to shoot down archwings now in PoE--what other frame deals with that bullcrap?, clunky controls just like archwing, feels like her model is at least 3 times as large as it shows when flying--bumps into everything on the map, augments that make no sense..use tons of energy to use abilities on a channel ability frame so that you can move 15% faster for 8 seconds?  who thought this stuff up?  ever played titania?, her melee is completely pointless--it's just plain bad, so many problems it's difficult to list them all.

For the present moment and just to show they have some heart DE should at least give her some vacuum.  Playing her and trying to loot anything is torture.

Are you sure? Honestly, are you really sure? Not even being sassy. No attitude... are you really sure that you know how to play her? Because it sounds to me like you have a hard time with archwings. 

Who actually does Mot survival runs? I mean... what do you need from there? Give me a reason to, and I will. Not gonna waste an hour otherwise--long ass video that I don't want to bother uploading. 

You're quickly changing your tone though lol 

Honestly though, we're just trying to say that you're being pretty exaggerated with what you said of her. You're being condescending yourself, when you bash her like that.

Here's my build for general use btw:

03a40c6080.jpg

Duration & efficiency are both high enough, that she doesn't actually spend much energy while in RW mode, or when casting other abilities. You really don't need to worry about energy motes as if your life depended on it.

Could probably switch a mod, for natural talent, or speed drift... If you're doing something like mot (where everything except immortals, get oneshot... honestly it's not saying much that Titania is squishy, in a mot endurance run. Everything is squishy there) then you should avoid vitality altogether, and just use natural talent instead--they're gonna oneshot you anyway, so defensive mods are useless. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Her melee is still very bad despite your attempts to show otherwise.  You set it up with paused AI and prebuffed yourself and look at that energy drain, how long could you maintain that kill rate with Titania's melee?

I actually have used her like that many times, in bounty 5, or sorties... It usually performs better than most people. I mean yes, her melee weapon is awful. I'm not minutely disagreeing... But somehow that build works pretty great.  Blast procs keep enemies staggered/unable to attack me while i'm near them. Usually they die so fast, that i'm not in one spot for very long. 

5 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Are you sure? Honestly, are you really sure? Not even being sassy. No attitude... are you really sure that you know how to play her? Because it sounds to me like you have a hard time with archwings. 

Who actually does Mot survival runs? I mean... what do you need from there? Give me a reason to, and I will. Not gonna waste an hour otherwise--long ass video that I don't want to bother uploading. 

You're quickly changing your tone though lol 

Honestly though, we're just trying to say that you're being pretty exaggerated with what you said of her. You're being condescending yourself, when you bash her like that.

Here's my build for general use btw:

03a40c6080.jpg

Duration & efficiency are both high enough, that she doesn't actually spend much energy while in RW mode, or when casting other abilities. You really don't need to worry about energy motes as if your life depended on it.

Could probably switch a mod, for natural talent, or speed drift... If you're doing something like mot (where everything except immortals, get oneshot... honestly it's not saying much that Titania is squishy, in a mot endurance run. Everything is squishy there) then you should avoid vitality altogether, and just use natural talent instead--they're gonna oneshot you anyway, so defensive mods are useless. 

I'm sure.

What about my tone has changed?  I stand by everything I've said.

"Bashing" a frame is not condescending as there is nobody to victimize with condescension.  It's a frame.

That's basically my build except I use rifle amp as the aura and use augur secrets instead of vitality (can't fit it in atm), and I have no arcanes.

@Maka.Bones Jesus bro slow down on the reply spam. Omnibus it. It's a forum not a chatroom.

27 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

Appreciate the constructive post (minus the final sentence).  I understand her mechanics quite well.  She's child's play compared to say Limbo or Harrow to figure out.  That said I'm sure there are nuances to every frame left to learn for everybody.

Most of what you've provided as fixes, such as maintaining buffs and maintaining razorwing while still having energy to use other skills may be fixed by arcane energize, I wouldn't know.  I've not played any other frame that's felt even remotely gimped by not having it, so it seems that balancing around having it specifically for Titania would be a digression.  Many or most players will never have a r3 ArcEn so it seems bizarre that it would be a requirement for only 1 frame to play properly.

I love Titania, don't get me wrong.  She's my favorite frame for PoE but the turret 1 shots borderline ruin it for me.  I can basically maintain razorwing indefinitely as long as I belly flop on some energy orbs and don't use skills.  When I start using skills trying to maintain razorwing blitz I find myself dropping down to use dash quite frequently, which seems counter-intuitive to me.  This is with 160% efficiency and 179% duration 189% str, so it's not some max str blind rage build.  It's balanced leaning towards efficiency and I'll have 193% duration once I get my final rank on narrow minded/primed cont.

On Mot endurance: It's my counter to playing vs paused AI (and dying nonetheless).

The last sentence was not intended to be derogatory. There are nuances to Titania as well as significantly more pressing problems: the quirks with her 1's targeting (it's a free-cast aoe that requires a target to start the cast), her 2 outside of Dust is useless and a massive energy drain, and her 3 is all but never more desirable than her 1. Minus the the AA missiles (which are a problem in general, not just for her) and Diwata, the things you focused on all have ways to handle them via either a more advanced build, or by using the other tools she has.

She has depth, most people just don't see it because of a mix of the energy reliance, her 4 being awesome, and the absurd build pressure- it's really hard to do a build that can actually use her entire kit effectively at the same time. The entire reason I started mainlining flying at a naked 300/300 was because I needed the extra mod slot more than the extra hp.

r3 Arcane Energize is significantly more acquirable than you might think. A Hydrolyst capture drops them at 5%, so you can easily get 2-3 rolls per night cycle- and more importantly, you can easily find groups to do the hunt for them. The only thing sustaining the price at ~200p is the absurdly higher demand for it (as it no longer feels out of reach). Otherwise they'd have easily fallen to 80p or less.

On Mot Endurance just being a jab at that video.... Honestly I don't even get the point of the video. So fair lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly
added "It's a forum not a chatroom" to the bit to Maka.

18 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

I'll admit that it would be a pain to fight them non-paused. Yeah, corrupted + eximus are a pain... However, I did that because i'm trying to keep em still (mostly for bursas) to show how fast her melee--the worst one of her damage abilities--can kill enemies... her melee. You know how bad it is, and it still was pretty fast. 

On the subject of dying... is that really the only negative thing you can say? Ok lol. Yeah, i did die to an eximus aura. How? idk...  spellbind makes Titania immune to status effects, so the eximus aura shouldn't have dealt any damage to me. The thing was nearly one shotting me tho...I've never seen that happen.

About AA guns... yeah, I just run away. Snipe them from a distance, because they're definitely gonna destroy your pixie butt. x.x

Just now, Vindicus8235 said:

What about my tone has changed?  I stand by everything I've said.

23 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

I love Titania, don't get me wrong.  She's my favorite frame for PoE

Now compare that with 

What do you think?...

To me? One side sounds like constructive criticism from a fan... still appreciating the frame, but voicing concerns. You're not bashing, or being biasedly negative. 

The other one sounds like you're narrow-mindedly/blindly attacking something, due to lack of insight. It also sounds arrogant.

7 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Honestly I don't even get the point of the video. So fair lol

It's a jab at the title. I'm using her worst asset to kill enemies... Just to showcase how "useless" she is. Tbh, it would've been a lot better if I did an actual mish. But the current trend is "high lvl/high armored targets" so yeah

8 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

That's basically my build except I use rifle amp as the aura and use augur secrets instead of vitality (can't fit it in atm), and I have no arcanes.

Growing power will increase the blitz buff, pretty substantially. So it increases your rifle damage even more than rifle amp would. It's pretty hard to get tho, so w/e

Augur secrets isn't a bad choice tho. Like I said if you're expecting to be oneshot, there's no point to even using vitality. better off with Natural talent, or another STR mod. 

8 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Now compare that with 

What do you think?...

To me? One side sounds like constructive criticism from a fan... still appreciating the frame, but voicing concerns. You're not bashing, or being biasedly negative. 

The other one sounds like you're narrow-mindedly/blindly attacking something, due to lack of insight. It also sounds arrogant.

I mean, I guess the tone is different because in the first post I'm not talking to a person, I'm riffing into the wind.  In subsequent posts I've engaged in a back and forth with another person, who deserves a slightly more mild tone than the wind.  If you really needed an explanation, I guess that's it.  I still stand by everything in my "rant".

1 minute ago, Vindicus8235 said:

I mean, I guess the tone is different because in the first post I'm not talking to a person, I'm riffing into the wind.  In subsequent posts I've engaged in a back and forth with another person, who deserves a slightly more mild tone than the wind.  If you really needed an explanation, I guess that's it.  I still stand by everything in my "rant".

Ok, but your rant is wrong xD at least about blitz only being +15%... I mean it starts at 25%, and scales very nicely with her movement speed. 

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Ok, but your rant is wrong xD at least about blitz only being +15%... I mean it starts at 25%, and scales very nicely with her movement speed. 

So I hastily misrepresented a figure.  Come on now.  Yes it's 25% stacking 4 times and scales with power and duration.  It's really nice, but I personally am unable to maintain it alongside razorwing for extended periods.  Perhaps that is my own failure, but that is where I'm coming from.

3 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

So I hastily misrepresented a figure.  Come on now.  Yes it's 25% stacking 4 times and scales with power and duration.  It's really nice, but I personally am unable to maintain it alongside razorwing for extended periods.  Perhaps that is my own failure, but that is where I'm coming from.

Ok, I can relate to that somewhat. What's an "extended period" for you though? how long? Also, what's your focus tree?

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Ok, I can relate to that somewhat. What's an "extended period" for you though? how long? Also, what's your focus tree?

If I'm being honest: indefinitely.  I don't see any point in being Titania without being Razorwing, personally.  My focus is Zenurik.

1 minute ago, Vindicus8235 said:

If I'm being honest: indefinitely.  I don't see any point in being Titania without being Razorwing, personally.  My focus is Zenurik.

I don't think that's how DE intended her to play... so maybe that's why you're having that issue lol. Yeah, she'll run out of energy without using arcane energize.

That's not due to her sucking though... just that she wasn't meant to stay in RW mode full-time. You can ask for DE to change the design/purpose though lol... maybe if RW blitz also gave more efficiency or something. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Does grounded Titania offer anything to the game?  Particularly when you've built entirely around sustaining and empowering razorwing, when you're grounded your wings have quite literally been clipped.  Your power range is going to be tanked, you've lost your evasion bonus and altitude--I just feel like there are better options than running around shotgunning with a 300/300 frame with borderline useless skills outside of #4.  Ever played Overwatch?  It'd be like being baby D.Va all the time.  Not good, not good.

40 minutes ago, Vindicus8235 said:

Does grounded Titania offer anything to the game?  Particularly when you've built entirely around sustaining and empowering razorwing, when you're grounded your wings have quite literally been clipped.  Your power range is going to be tanked, you've lost your evasion bonus and altitude--I just feel like there are better options than running around shotgunning with a 300/300 frame with borderline useless skills outside of #4.  Ever played Overwatch?  It'd be like being baby D.Va all the time.  Not good, not good.

Use a rifle instead of a shotgun then =P The only real advantage shotguns have over rifles is in the attackspeed mods and an extra 30% multishot (rifles hit 150%, shotties 180%). Rifles have straight better crit mods, and damage, it's a primed mod vs an uncommon for your base mod. Meanwhile Blitz is a damn good substitute for the extra fire rate and effective multishot (since your ammo regenerates).

Also you don't actually need Narrow Minded. 75% efficiency with positive duration gets you minimum drain. It also makes negative duration "okay", Trans Fleet4 Stream4 PCont gets 75% eff -22.5% dura, which is 1.61 e/s on Razorwing and still gets >12s on Spellbind. Lot less good if you're trying to keep Blitz up at all times, but tossing in Augur Message can get you up to 102% duration (for 1.25 e/s as well).

You still have a point, just that it's in part due to how hard you built towards making Razorwing all you have. My current build for tilesets (where you don't necessarily want the absurd speed all the time) runs a non-narrow set:

RifleA/CP - Mobilize
Redir PFlow Fleeting4 Stream4
Blitz PCont TransF Intense

Once I get a bit more comfortable with it I might even swap Redir out for Natural Talent. Rifle Amp or CP (I have an unpolarized aura) nets me a nice boost without making dropping razorwing cost something like GP would.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

41 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Use a rifle instead of a shotgun then =P The only real advantage shotguns have over rifles is in the attackspeed mods and an extra 30% multishot (rifles hit 150%, shotties 180%). Rifles have straight better crit mods, and damage, it's a primed mod vs an uncommon for your base mod. Meanwhile Blitz is a damn good substitute for the extra fire rate and effective multishot (since your ammo regenerates).

Also you don't actually need Narrow Minded. 75% efficiency with positive duration gets you minimum drain. It also makes negative duration "okay", Trans Fleet4 Stream4 PCont gets 75% eff -22.5% dura, which is 1.61 e/s on Razorwing and still gets >12s on Spellbind. Lot less good if you're trying to keep Blitz up at all times, but tossing in Augur Message can get you up to 102% duration (for 1.25 e/s as well).

You still have a point, just that it's in part due to how hard you built towards making Razorwing all you have. My current build for tilesets (where you don't necessarily want the absurd speed all the time) runs a non-narrow set:

RifleA/CP - Mobilize
Redir PFlow Fleeting4 Stream4
Blitz PCont TransF Intense

Once I get a bit more comfortable with it I might even swap Redir out for Natural Talent. Rifle Amp or CP (I have an unpolarized aura) nets me a nice boost without making dropping razorwing cost something like GP would.

I actually started with a rifle and then after an hour or so of testing in the simulacrum swapping around mods and such ended up landing on the shotgun as it simply had more stopping power.  I guess building her is just more stifling and tight than most frames as you mentioned earlier.  Honestly if I put all of her perceived faults aside and focused on one thing I want more than any it's a loot vacuum added to her passive.  Or let sentinel function with her razorwing, whatever works.  I also don't run any defensive mods such as vitality/redirection because I just don't see how to fit them into a build that I'm already having efficiency problems with.  I may forma her again and replace something like augur secrets with vit and see if she stops getting 1 shot by turrets in PoE, which would be a significant improvement imo.  Choices choices.