Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: Broken, Unplayable, Unusable and Ignored

Konachibi

Unfortunately Titania has become 'the new zephyr'.  Other than a few hotfix tweaks when she came out, DE are choosing to ignore her despite her abilities all being bugged and the frame itself is in an almost unplayable state.

It's not only that her 1 is unreliable to cast, but also that, quite often, it completely ignores some targets that are within it's range.  It also has an abysmally short radius that forces players to waste all their mod slots on +range mods.

Her 2 has underwhelming buffs that 9 times out of 10 don't seem to actually do anything other than give enemies a colourful highlight.  Despite numerous times where I've tried to keep buffs active, I've never noticed a difference between them being on or off.

Her 3 simply just doesn't work at all, enemies will float into the sky the moment they're hit making it a waste of energy.  In order for other enemies to be affected by it they need to look DIRECTLY at it instead of being affected by merely being in it's radius like ALL OTHER CCs IN THE GAME.  Often the targetted enemy will have it's model simply dissappear, taking the CC effect with it and leaving a floating ghost that serves no purpose.  The damage radius on this ability is also abysmally small and quite often enemies can stand point-blank infront of the lantern without taking any damage whatsoever.  Also the lantern target is meant to be able to be pushed around by shooting at it, but they don't, they simply spin slightly and continue floating in to the sky.  The 'floating in to the sky' issue also makes it an unusable and useless skill on the Plains Of Eidolon.

Her 4 is a bugged out mess.  Sentinels will dissappear upon casting it, and when coming out of it will not return.  The razorwing butterflies have a terrible health pool and in higher levels will instantly die from any gunfire, forcing the player to have to jump out and back in to Razorwing form to get them back.  When being knocked down while in Razorwing form it's hit or miss if you'll switch back to normal Titania and function like a normal downed Warframe.  Sometimes you'll fall down but with your primary equipped and can shoot that.  Sometimes you'll teleport to the other side of the map.  Sometimes your animations will completely glitch out and you won't be able to continue playing.  Sometimes you won't be flagged as downed and other players will not be able to revive you.  On top of these issues there is also the really annoying problem on the Plains Of Eidolon at the moment where she is flagged as being an Archwing, causing Grineer and base turrets to fire anti-air missiles that will INSTANTLY kill her with no way to avoid or prevent the damage, resulting in her 'less bugged' ability being completely unusable.

Despite DE being informed of these issues numerous times, they simply aren't doing anything about it.  Titania is quickly overtaking Zephyr as the most unused frame in the game, because her kit just doesn't function and from the looks of it, will never function.  I'm writing this topic in hopes that someone at DE will see this.  I've actually already written this same topic a few times before, but hopefully if it's posted enough times they'll realise that Titania is currently a broken product that should not be sold on the market for platinum because she does not function.

I noticed some of the issues you pointed as well. Despite Titania potential the bugs can be really annoying for some players.

Apart from the bugs, her unreliable CC and having to rub my belly on the floor to pick up loot made me not use her at all.

I haven't sen many of the bugs on her 4 you mention, but maybe they're not on xb.  That said

the lack of vacuum when you have a sentinal equipped for exactly that reason is obnoxious.  Imagine if banshee soundquaked her sentinal away, or ember burned hers alive, equinox slashed his to death. What other warframe loses its companion not only becuase you activate an ability, but for the entire duration of the ability.  And these sentinals FLY anyway - why cant they fly with her? She flies slower than a bullet jumping warframe anyway.

THe CC provided by floating enemies is useless.  Enemy AI is so bad they'll ignore a cc target like a saryn molt  or octavia mallet when its right in front of their face with 10x the range of Titania's floater - not surprising they never pay attention to something 20 meters up and floating away like a fart in the wind.

Her 1 range is way too short.

The problem with the sentinel on titania's razorwing isn't just that it goes away with the ability.  It's that the sentinel doesn't come back when she turns off the ability.  It's just gone until the mission ends.  Obviously a bug, but it's a bug that has persisted for a while now.

While I think it's an exaggeration to say that she's unplayable, she is certainly a frustrating frame to get into. I only really got into her during the Plague Star event, and she's somehow become one of my go-to frames since then, largely due to the fact that being an aerial heavy gunner just does something for me. I do long for an overhaul on her though, as most of her stated criticisms are absolutely valid and severely hamper her potential.

I hope Titania will be part of the second warframe balance pass Scott mentioned... I agree, except for her 4 her kit is pretty much useless. The PoE Razorwing issue is what frustrates me the most now though. I cant freaking stand each time I approach a Grineer base and get annihilated instantly by a turret. I dont even have time to react... PoE is the perfect place where Titania should be able to shine, yet it seems now she's even robbed of that oppertunity.

Edited by EighthGear

I've been using her since she came out and I've seen very little of the issues you're mentioning. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I am saying that they aren't as prevalent as you're making them out to be. 

When trials were still a thing my Titania was able to go through the entirety of law of retribution in razorwing with no issues, thanks to my mod setup. Her cc is fantastic for spell bind, so I'm not sure how you have her modded but it's obviously trying to do too much at once. 

I'll agree that tribute is bad in that it only hits a single target, and I suggest allowing it to hit at Max three targets would at the least make it useful. 

Lantern isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, but that's not to say it's that amazing either. Easiest fix would be to make lantern lock in place upon cast. 

Razorwing is honestly fine, with the exception of serious damage taken on wall collision. Other than that, perfect as is. 

So please, don't compare her to zephyr? Titania steps all over zephyr in almost every single way except for damage mitigation from turbulence. 

Titania could use some tweaks, but she's far away from unplayable. 

I've not noticed the majority of these bugs before. The only one I have noticed is the disappearing Lantern from time to time. That being said however, you're definitely correct in saying that she has issues, but I wouldn't say she's anywhere near unplayable.

Her main issue in my eyes are namely the fact that she has so little energy for the amount she needs, and that her abilities take far too long to cast. Couple that with the travesty of an ability that is Tribute, and the unreliability of Lantern when it floats off to space, then you get a frame with issues.

My suggested changes would be:

Stats: Increase base energy to 150 (225 max)

General Ability Changes: Increase cast speed by 50%

Spellbind: Currently the main issue is the 1 second cast time, which for a "quick" and dirty CC ability is far too long. Though with the general ability change that should be fixed. Otherwise I say it's fine in its current form

Tribute: Oh why oh why is this ability the way it is? In its current form it's a lackluster CC/debuff ability, with an incredibly clunky and inefficient buff mechanic. Not only do you have to go right to where the enemy was to collect the buff, it only gives you one out of five stacks of said buff (assuming you hit the enemy you wanted to hit). Add that on to the fact that the ability itself costs 50 energy per cast (out of her 150 max base energy), means you get an ability that costs 250 energy per max buff. That is absurd.
The easy fix would be to just give max buff out of one ability cast, and that alone would solve a few issues with the ability, but that's boring. What I propose instead is an overhaul of this ability.
Tribute 2.0: Titania spawns a bubble at target location that is 5 metres large in radius that lasts 12 seconds (numbers are easily changeable if needed). This bubble grants buffs to any ally that walks into it based on the enemies in the bubble (e.g if there's 4 ranged, 1 heavy, and 2 melee units, allies would get 4 stacks of Dust, 1 stack of Entangled and 2 stacks of Thorns) as well as applies the damage debuff to enemies inside the bubble. This still keeps the theme of Tribute while making it much easier to gain the buffs and share them with allies.

Lantern: A mostly solid CC ability, if it weren't for the fact that the CC has a tendency to fly off into some obscure corner of the map. My fix would be to simply make the Lantern "float" in the same way that enemies trapped in Booben's Bastille float. That alone should be enough of a fix to make it much more reliable.

Razorwing: Just give us vacuum in Razorwing please. It's not fun or engaging to hug the floor for loot. The reason people use Razorwing is so they can fly and not be on the floor. That, and please buff Diwata, there's no reason it should be so terrible compared to Dex Pixia (and no DE, that does not translate into "nerf Dex Pixia").

Heres a quick rework for titania:

Base energy increased to atleast 200. As many pointed out shes an energy hungry caster and the pool is too small.

Spellbind: No longer interrupts anything, enemies instead of floating in random directions are forced to float around the area where spellbind was casted. (this to fix the problems caused by enemies getting stuck in unreachable places)

Tribute: General change, it no longer interrupst anything. After that either lower the total cost to 25 max AND make all buffs scale with power stats.

Buffs:

Dust max accuracy debuff is obtainable with 150% power strength, increases debuff to 15% per stack and gives max 75% accuracy debuff.

Thorns now negate the reflected damage on the affected players instead of just reflecting. Max reflection is 35%, this amount is reachable at 175% power strenght.

Entangle now works on allies too. The range and the slow is dependant on allies power stats.

Full moon reduces all agro generated by companions and grants them 10% damage reduction too. While full moon is active every companion has 5% chance to revive itself even after death by picking up a health orb. This is avaible at 200% power strenght.

Lantern: Just stop making this thing float away. Chain it to the ground please.

Razorwing: Fix bugs and add in vacuum. No  more problems.

She has one trick though: cheese the Ayatan Treasure Hunt.

If course I completely agree that she is in need of a serious pass.

Spellbind: make it instant cast.

Tribute:

Change to make it so that depending on the weapon shooting at the target, a buff gradually accumulates on Titania.

Primary: accumulates Dust (accuracy penalty)

Secondary: instead of Entanglement (movement penalty), accumulate Dampen - increase armor.

Melee: accumulate Thorns (reflect damage)

Companion: accumulate Full Moon (Increase companion damage)

Lantern:

I wonder if the Lantern ability could benefit from inheriting the Eidolon Lure mechanics could fix, or at least be a step towards fixing its uselessness. The distance of the Lantern to Titania should be bigger than the distance the Lure keeps though, IMO. When in Razorwing mode, the enemy would float below Titania, halfway between her and the ground, up to ability range distance. 

Razorwing:

Needs an afterburner a la archwing. afterburner would increase energy consumption. Needs to have vacuum.

Agility Drift and Aviator should count when in Razorwing.

Any amp aura for weapons should affect its damage.

Razorflies : Titania should be able to harvest Razorfly eggs upon each enemy kill to be able to instantly respawn 1 or more Razorflies instantly when they die.

Companions: should not be deactivated when Razorwing is active.

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

She has one trick though: cheese the Ayatan Treasure Hunt.

If course I completely agree that she is in need of a serious pass.

Spellbind: make it instant cast.

Tribute:

Change to make it so that depending on the weapon shooting at the target, a buff gradually accumulates on Titania.

Primary: accumulates Dust (accuracy penalty)

Secondary: instead of Entanglement (movement penalty), accumulate Dampen - increase armor.

Melee: accumulate Thorns (reflect damage)

Companion: accumulate Full Moon (Increase companion damage)

Lantern:

I wonder if the Lantern ability could benefit from inheriting the Eidolon Lure mechanics could fix, or at least be a step towards fixing its uselessness. The distance of the Lantern to Titania should be bigger than the distance the Lure keeps though, IMO. When in Razorwing mode, the enemy would float below Titania, halfway between her and the ground, up to ability range distance. 

Razorwing:

Needs an afterburner a la archwing. afterburner would increase energy consumption. Needs to have vacuum.

Razorflies : Titania should be able to harvest Razorfly eggs upon each enemy kill to be able to instantly respawn 1 or more Razorflies instantly when they die.

You do know that sprint is an activation for the afterburner effect your seek, right?  And the augment makes it even more dumb?  

Don't agree with the tribute change suggestion. Easier to make it just hit multiple targets. 

Amp aura mods do effect her damage. 

Not sure how I feel about companions being out as her ultimate keeps them safe and Helios still scans while she's in razorwing, but we can discuss that. 

Instant cast on spellbind seems good honestly. 

She's more than a one trick pony though. 

18 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Razorwing:

If you want an Afterburner, try Razorwing Blitz. It's already there for you.

I would still never use Agility Drift/Aviator on Titania because I'd still be maxing her DPS as high as my limited energy efficiency allows it.

Auras for weapons already affect Razorwing. This includes Rifle Amp, Shotgun Amp, and Steel Charge. Dead Eye and Pistol Amp do not provide buffs (tested in Simulacrum).

Your Razorfly ehm... egg thing... sounds kind of tedious. I think Razorfly summoning should just be its own ability.

I do agree that companion "passive" abilities should still be enabled (includes Vacuum, Charm, Cat's Eye, etc.), but should still block "active" abilities (such as Dig, Ghost, Molecular Conversion).

On 3/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, Konachibi said:

Unfortunately Titania has become 'the new zephyr'.  Other than a few hotfix tweaks when she came out, DE are choosing to ignore her despite her abilities all being bugged and the frame itself is in an almost unplayable state.

It's not only that her 1 is unreliable to cast, but also that, quite often, it completely ignores some targets that are within it's range.  It also has an abysmally short radius that forces players to waste all their mod slots on +range mods.

Her 2 has underwhelming buffs that 9 times out of 10 don't seem to actually do anything other than give enemies a colourful highlight.  Despite numerous times where I've tried to keep buffs active, I've never noticed a difference between them being on or off.

Her 3 simply just doesn't work at all, enemies will float into the sky the moment they're hit making it a waste of energy.  In order for other enemies to be affected by it they need to look DIRECTLY at it instead of being affected by merely being in it's radius like ALL OTHER CCs IN THE GAME.  Often the targetted enemy will have it's model simply dissappear, taking the CC effect with it and leaving a floating ghost that serves no purpose.  The damage radius on this ability is also abysmally small and quite often enemies can stand point-blank infront of the lantern without taking any damage whatsoever.  Also the lantern target is meant to be able to be pushed around by shooting at it, but they don't, they simply spin slightly and continue floating in to the sky.  The 'floating in to the sky' issue also makes it an unusable and useless skill on the Plains Of Eidolon.

Her 4 is a bugged out mess.  Sentinels will dissappear upon casting it, and when coming out of it will not return.  The razorwing butterflies have a terrible health pool and in higher levels will instantly die from any gunfire, forcing the player to have to jump out and back in to Razorwing form to get them back.  When being knocked down while in Razorwing form it's hit or miss if you'll switch back to normal Titania and function like a normal downed Warframe.  Sometimes you'll fall down but with your primary equipped and can shoot that.  Sometimes you'll teleport to the other side of the map.  Sometimes your animations will completely glitch out and you won't be able to continue playing.  Sometimes you won't be flagged as downed and other players will not be able to revive you.  On top of these issues there is also the really annoying problem on the Plains Of Eidolon at the moment where she is flagged as being an Archwing, causing Grineer and base turrets to fire anti-air missiles that will INSTANTLY kill her with no way to avoid or prevent the damage, resulting in her 'less bugged' ability being completely unusable.

Despite DE being informed of these issues numerous times, they simply aren't doing anything about it.  Titania is quickly overtaking Zephyr as the most unused frame in the game, because her kit just doesn't function and from the looks of it, will never function.  Considering that the entire frame's premise was suggested by Rebecca Ford, which kind of makes it 'her frame', the fact that they're ignoring it's multitude of issues is kind of disgusting on the part of the developers.  I'm writing this topic in hopes that someone at DE will see this.  I've actually already written this same topic a few times before, but hopefully if it's posted enough times they'll realise that Titania is currently a broken product that should not be sold on the market for platinum because she does not function.

I think your post is valid Titania is in dire need of some love, but you just seem to be complaining. I believe DE responds better to suggestions than complaints. You should write up another topic stating what it is that you want to be done. Suggesting changes to the abilities that you have problems with give DE not only new creative ideas, but at the the same gives your opinion on what her problems are.

I thought your title was a little too drastic/dramatic... So I made this specifically for you.

Btw, yeah I think her 2 is pretty redundant. The buffs should be changed into something more useful.

She also *definitely* needs innate vacuum, while in pixie mode. At least an 8m one.

Her 3 is... eh.... I mean, I never bother using it because it doesn't always work. I might use it if i'm desperate, though that doesn't usually happen.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it (mute the volume... sound got bugged):

Those leecher eximus man... didn't know they could do so much damage. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

That video doesn't even attempt to cover any of the problems listed with Titania's ability kit, it's just showing that her Razorwing form can be really powerful if you build specifically for it, and yes it can... when it works, and when you're not in PoE being 1-shotted, or not being downed while in razorwing mode and seeing some of the many bugs that can happen because of it.

Also to others, I've posted this in a feedback thread.  Feedback is a person expressing what they like or dislike about something, and what I have posted is an explaination of how I dislike that Titania's kit has been broken from almost day 1 of her release and DE have done nothing to try and fix the many issues her kit has.  (Feedback's definition: information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.)

I am not posting with suggestions on changes to her kit, because I like what her kit is meant to do.  I am simply pointing out that her kit very often does not function as intended from it's original design (1 ignoring targets and having too small a range, 2 having barely any effect, 3 being ignored by enemies, 4 having numerous bugs and useless in PoE), therefore it is broken, therefore it should be fixed so that it does work the way it's meant to.

Edited by Konachibi

@konachibi

yeah, that was exactly my point tbh. That titania isn't unusable. Did you even read my comments above the video?

I think the title of this post is dramatic/exaggerating, because titania is still *very* usable, and strong. I don't have many of the issues people here have with her, other than the lantern being annoying to use, and tribute not being worth casting since the buffs are kinda meh. 

Saying that she's "broken, unplayable, unusable..." is simply wrong. She just has some redundant/silly/inefficient abilities.

Edited by Maka.Bones

Yea I'm with @Maka.Bones on this one. Aside from tribute being single target, she's honestly fine. Might just be your build or how you're using her that's the problem, as I've taken her against everything the game has to offer and had little to no issues except when operating in stupid high enemy levels or a bug occurs. Try modding for high range and I'm sure you'll see she's not nearly as bad as you're making her or to be. 

Especially since high strength isn't entirely necessary on her unless you're trying to out dps a mesa.

Edit: I can show you in the simulacrum later this evening if you like. 

Edited by ObviousLee

Spellbind being pretty much just to up razorwing blitz makes it a really sad ability TBH.

It could always swap places with Tribute and be the 50 energy skill with a targeted AoE (like Hydroid's 1 and 4) ... and Tribute being the 25 energy 1 which can be recast on enemies to reapply the debuff without getting a new pickup.

The problem with Titania isn't really her survivarability issues as she is my go to frame for normal assassinates and bounties, but that meagre energy pool and a load of redundant powers that cost too much for what they are worth.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Spellbind being pretty much just to up razorwing blitz makes it a really sad ability TBH.

Woah woah woah!.... I actually like spellbind, ok? It's actually really useful to mitigate incoming damage, and protect yourself from status procs/eximus auras. It's the sh!t. Don't talk down to spellbind like that! :P

I find the cast animation of spellbind too slow and the cast itself quite inconsistent.

Forcing the player to use natural talent and not having a casting style like Gara's 2 let's the ability down TBH