The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Report leecher and AFK option

Neptlude

Actually have an option to report the afk or leecher players but problematic when you need to justify it is a legal afk-leech or just a few minute hiatus. The problem is it is very abusable and often peoples can be reported just because the others feel they need to report it. If the report is false then those who reporting peoples can get warning.

Others wanting kick option but that is also absable and the coop experience will be reduced only on friend only or clan runs. Pubs already hideous but with this it will be more problematic.

You can report them via the customer support. That way you can (and definitly should) also include a screenshot in order to proove your claim.

You know, something where it shows that the player in question has roughly 0 kills, no damage done, etc.

I always read in these topics, that adding a kick or a report option is problematic, because it's abusable. But it's also "abuse", that you can just hop into a mission, and leech trough it, doing absolutely nothing, and get no penalty or whatsoever.
Personally I would prefer a solution, where these people don't get a reward. For example on PoE, you have to be at the objective and contribute to it, to get the bounty reward. Or do an x percent of damage (at the same time I see why is this problematic. Because when there's a MR24 and a MR1 in the same group, it's hard for a newbie to outdamage the more experienced player.)

16 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

You can report them via the customer support. That way you can (and definitly should) also include a screenshot in order to proove your claim.

You know, something where it shows that the player in question has roughly 0 kills, no damage done, etc.

^exactly

Maybe add an option to vote people out of the squad instead of report option? It isn't gonna do anything for you if an afk person gets reported. It only maybe get something done to their account, but do you want a functional squad or something done to the accounts of these people?

Also don't forget, people go on public missions a lot. And some are much less useful then others and they realize that. Having them do nothing sometimes helps more then them doing something. But they will still get flagged for passive behavior.

Edited by Timmy__

1 hour ago, kicsikorte said:

For example on PoE, you have to be at the objective and contribute to it, to get the bounty reward

This is a good idea. Anything else seems like a bad idea. Imagine a veteran being in a squad with a newbie. If the veteran tries to finish the mission asap, the newbie won't even have a chance to touch an enemy (considering exterminate). Or what about spy missions we all do in sorties? People getting in and just killing random stuff but not doing the actual mission while a veteran could go do everything and deal 0 damage. How would you feel getting no rewards for that or actually being reported for it? The afk/leech depends from mission to mission. There is no easy fix for starchart. But i do agree on PoE bounties. The range stuff is already implemented in incursions i think.

4 hours ago, .Kyden said:

This is a good idea. Anything else seems like a bad idea. Imagine a veteran being in a squad with a newbie. If the veteran tries to finish the mission asap, the newbie won't even have a chance to touch an enemy (considering exterminate). Or what about spy missions we all do in sorties? People getting in and just killing random stuff but not doing the actual mission while a veteran could go do everything and deal 0 damage. How would you feel getting no rewards for that or actually being reported for it? The afk/leech depends from mission to mission. There is no easy fix for starchart. But i do agree on PoE bounties. The range stuff is already implemented in incursions i think.

That's why I wrote, that I see why it is problematic. Because there's a huge gap between a newbie and a more experienced player.
Maybe there should be different criteria for different missions. But hell I don't know, it's a really difficult thing to "fix", since it's not the games's fault, that there are leechers out there.
Also if there were a normal matchmaking, where MR24 players don't end up in the same party with a MR2 player, that would maybe help. But there's still too many maybe-s.

I'm not sure what the solution to this could be, but it's exactly why I sought out the forums: I've also experienced an increase of players AFK'ing, which is unfair--obviously--to the rest of the squad. 

My first thought was that we should be able to report that... but I can also see the point made about that potentially being abused.

I hope you're trying to come up with a solution to this too, DE.

Am 6.3.2018 um 11:59 schrieb kicsikorte:

For example on PoE, you have to be at the objective and contribute to it, to get the bounty reward. Or do an x percent of damage (at the same time I see why is this problematic. Because when there's a MR24 and a MR1 in the same group, it's hard for a newbie to outdamage the more experienced player.)

Am 6.3.2018 um 13:04 schrieb .Kyden:

This is a good idea. 

Yes, it's a brilliant idea. Tell that to the people not getting a reward when someone solos objectives before they even have a chance to get there.