Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Boosters As Sortie Rewards

(PSN)LoisGordils

While they're not bad by all means, it feels a bit sour to, as a player that always has the 90-day affinity and credit boosters from Prime Access to get an Affinity/Credit booster from Sorties. I'm not suggesting you change them. Rather, if you have X booster on and you get Y booster from Sorties, their effects would stack. However, each one would have their own separate duration. So, suppose you have one day left on X booster and you get a three day Y booster from Sorties, the XY buff would only last as long as the X is still present. So, you would really have one day of XY booster stacking (4x Affinity for example). Once the day passes, it would revert to Y booster's effect (2x Affinity). If you have a 90 day X booster, your XY effect would only last as long as the Y booster (three days)

Yeah, it has been pointed out a few times already and I don't get why it's still not working this way. I never bought a Prime Access myself, and might never buy one, but I feel that, by doing this, they're not rewarding paying customers.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

While they're not bad by all means, it feels a bit sour to, as a player that always has the 90-day affinity and credit boosters from Prime Access to get an Affinity/Credit booster from Sorties. I'm not suggesting you change them. Rather, if you have X booster on and you get Y booster from Sorties, their effects would stack. However, each one would have their own separate duration. So, suppose you have one day left on X booster and you get a three day Y booster from Sorties, the XY buff would only last as long as the X is still present. So, you would really have one day of XY booster stacking (4x Affinity for example). Once the day passes, it would revert to Y booster's effect (2x Affinity). If you have a 90 day X booster, your XY effect would only last as long as the Y booster (three days)

i understand what you mean but with credits and a double credit weekend it would be XYZ into a 8x multiplier (i would so farm the index then (great idea:devil:)) just something to think about, not to complain

It's not the worst reward, but I do agree that something needs to be done about it. As someone who does pay for boosters on the occasion, it's kinda a kick in the pants to just get a little '3-day extension'. If the boosters were maybe week-long, that would make a lot more since, especially since they are relatively uncommon rewards. I maybe get one every two weeks or so, from my luck.

19 minutes ago, NeoSmile said:

i understand what you mean but with credits and a double credit weekend it would be XYZ into a 8x multiplier (i would so farm the index then (great idea:devil:)) just something to think about, not to complain

2x weekends could work differently by simply pausing the applicable booster (meaning only 2 boosters can stack at any time)

Making them stack to a higher multiplier would mean paying players would have benefits that free players don't have access too. That's literally the definition of pay 2 win (I know there's no "win" but that's not the point) which just isn't cool.

Pay 2 win has no place outside of mobile games. That's a slippery slope that I don't think we want to get on.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Making them stack to a higher multiplier would mean paying players would have benefits that free players don't have access too. That's literally the definition of pay 2 win (I know there's no "win" but that's not the point) which just isn't cool.

Pay 2 win has no place outside of mobile games. That's a slippery slope that I don't think we want to get on.

Who would have thought that someone that pays money has better benefits than someone that plays for free. Mind blowing. 

Right now, I, a paying player, have access to three months worth of double Affinity and Credits. Free players don't have access to that. I don't see people complaining about that. Same principle applies to this thread :]

59 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Who would have thought that someone that pays money has better benefits than someone that plays for free. Mind blowing. 

Right now, I, a paying player, have access to three months worth of double Affinity and Credits. Free players don't have access to that. I don't see people complaining about that. Same principle applies to this thread :]

That's different, the length it lasts has 0 bearing on the game. You have access to 2x affinity, free players have access to 2x affinity. What you're recommending is you having 4x while free players have no chance of ever reaching that. Paid players having benefits that free players can't get is the definition of pay 2 win. The only thing that should be locked behind a paywall is cosmetics.

Consoles don't do pay 2 win. If DE did go that route, they would be crossing a line that even EA and Activision refuse to cross. Just think about that for a second lol.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

That's different, the length it lasts has 0 bearing on the game. You have access to 2x affinity, free players have access to 2x affinity. What you're recommending is you having 4x while free players have no chance of ever reaching that. Paid players having benefits that free players can't get is the definition of pay 2 win. The only thing that should be locked behind a paywall is cosmetics.

Consoles don't do pay 2 win. If DE did go that route, they would be crossing a line that even EA and Activision refuse to cross. Just think about that for a second lol.

Not sure if you realize that, during double Affinity weekends, paying players with boosters get 4x Affinity...

The same applies to every other booster. So, really, it's already implemented 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Not sure if you realize that, during double Affinity weekends, paying players with boosters get 4x Affinity...

The same applies to every other booster. So, really, it's already implemented 

Yeah but what's being recommended here is prime access buyers should be able to reach 8x on double affinity weekends. And no, prime access buyers reaching numbers that non buyers can't reach is not already implemented.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Yeah but what's being recommended here is prime access buyers should be able to reach 8x on double affinity weekends. And no, prime access buyers reaching numbers that non buyers can't reach is not already implemented.

Again, you're NOT getting it

You get a booster by buying it with Plat OR through Prime Access = 2x

Sortie rewards yields the same booster = 4x (duration is individual for each booster)

Buy a booster, get a booster Sortie reward and 2x Affinity = 8x

However, you must first have the booster before obtaining it from Sorties. Otherwise it won't stack (avoiding exploitation)

And even then, the chances of getting an 8x is slim :)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

6 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Again, you're NOT getting it

You get a booster by buying it with Plat OR through Prime Access = 2x

Sortie rewards yields the same booster = 4x (duration is individual for each booster)

Buy a booster, get a booster Sortie reward and 2x Affinity = 8x

However, you must first have the booster before obtaining it from Sorties. Otherwise it won't stack (avoiding exploitation)

And even then, the chances of getting an 8x is slim :)

Alright, that makes sense. But that was never said anywhere, the only ones you specifically mentioned were sortie and 90 days lol.