Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo's Ayatan Hunt Addition (Weekly rare container)

Gandergear

TLDR: Can we have a very high chance (trial level) of a rare/reinforced orokin container spawning in her mission?

Mostly this is because there's no reliable way to get a codex scannable orokin rare&reinforced orokin container (lua music rare =/= codex rare) (also corpus/grineer rares USED to be reliably found in trials, obviously not anymore), giving players a weekly free forma they have to search for would make players spend more time in their weekly maroo mission, as right now I do them in about 3 minutes and run and think it's a bit of a lost opportunity.

The mission is to get an Ayatan. If something rare has a high chance of appearing somewhere... it isn't very rare, is it?

12 hours ago, Gandergear said:

giving players a weekly free forma

So rare containers only have a built Forma?

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The mission is to get an Ayatan. If something rare has a high chance of appearing somewhere... it isn't very rare, is it?

So rare containers only have a built Forma?

trials had a nearly guaranteed chance to spawn a rare/reinforced chest, and you could typically find 1 'per day', meaning you could get 6 rare chests doing lor+nm, however these were grineer chests which dropped the credits/detos/boosters, JV was similar and you could get corpus containers instead. Orokin containers of course can drop a mantis component, boosters, credits, and forma (oh, and maybe 50 endo). A 30 minute booster was never something i ever considered significant.

My point is you still have to search for it, and it's once a week, that's considerably more rare than what trials used to let us do, the other things that come from a single rare chest aren't very impactful either.

1 minute ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I like this idea.

I only need one more reinforced Orokin Container scan to complete my Objects codex.  The last one I scanned was years back when I was always running Tower keys on void tilesets.

My idea of fun is playing plato lua exterminate and helping noobies with drift challenges, finding caches, and octavia forma (btw that rare doesn't count for your codex!), even then, i have only ever found 1 rare orokin container in maybe 100+ runs where i've meticulously checked every loot icon on the map, including the high up stuff in that one hallway most people don't know about.

Rare containers should be there to reward players for searching for them and not just blowing through the mission, so why does DE make their chance to spawn in a mission so low that they're almost never worth looking for?