Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

crit?

GrimReaperarrived

Question

I have question, so crit has levels, and each level deals more damage than its previous version, and weapon that has more than 100% crit chance has a chance for "orange" crit? and more than 200% chance has a chance for "red" crit? ( as far as I know based on the wiki I've read). say take the dread for example, I got maxed out point strike on it and it has 125% crit chance, that's 25% for orange right? but yesterday I watch mogamu on youtube, he has maxed point strike with riven mod that increases his crit chance to180-ish and he moved all the way up to red crit? can someone explain this for me? thanks in advance.

here's the youtube' video if you guys need it:  

Edited by GrimReaperarrived

11 answers to this question

That video is outdated. Red crits were visibly replaced with orange ones, real red crits are the kind of crit that happens when Harrow, a crit riven, and all the crit chances you could add, are active and used on the same weapon (i.e: Dread).

However, crit chance does not boost the actual critical damage entirely. Boosting that crit multiplier is equally important if you want to go for critical damage.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Koldraxon-732:

real red crits are the kind of crit that happens when Harrow, a crit riven, and all the crit chances you could add, are active and used on the same weapon

Or when using crit melee really :9 

In that section, anything above the second layer is a red crit, what makes the whole orange crit change questionable.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

In that section, anything above the second layer is a red crit

Exactly ;)

ATM it is theoretically possible to reach the 7th or 8th layer ( 600-700% crit chance, as I know so far ) with every possible boosts.

For more information look at this:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

If modded correctly there are some weapons which can do very easy red Crits, but as @Koldraxon-732said, the multiplier is as important as the chance itself.

300% chance are useless while your multiplier is only 1,5 but

100% x4 is very useful even the Crits are "only" yellow

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

This is a strong truth. Look at Nukor as an example of this.

4 hours ago, (PS4)EvilJalen said:

Exactly ;)

ATM it is theoretically possible to reach the 7th or 8th layer ( 600-700% crit chance, as I know so far ) with every possible boosts.

For more information look at this:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

If modded correctly there are some weapons which can do very easy red Crits, but as @Koldraxon-732said, the multiplier is as important as the chance itself.

300% chance are useless while your multiplier is only 1,5 but

100% x4 is very useful even the Crits are "only" yellow

4 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

In that section, anything above the second layer is a red crit, what makes the whole orange crit change questionable.

8 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

That video is outdated. Red crits were visibly replaced with orange ones, real red crits are the kind of crit that happens when Harrow, a crit riven, and all the crit chances you could add, are active and used on the same weapon (i.e: Dread).

However, crit chance does not boost the actual critical damage entirely. Boosting that crit multiplier is equally important if you want to go for critical damage.

10 hours ago, xEQuESx said:

It is probalby and old video from times, when there was no orange crits, and all crits above 100% have a chance of scoring red crits. 

10 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Keep in mind that this is a 2016 video, orange crits were introduced in U21 Chains of Harrow (June 2017).

What you see in this video is an equivalent of current orange crits.

thank you you guys for such  in-depth reply!

vor 5 Minuten schrieb GrimReaperarrived:

is it worth it to spend mod capacity on the set tho?

Depends on the frame or weapon used. On some frames those spots are allways valuable. If you're stuck with eather a filler or a set mod on your weapon, go with the set. There's only so much mods that actually have a strong impact so it's at least worth considering, especially over shadow debt mods that have a strong effect but require aiming. May just be me but i'd use hipfire over stronger aiming any day.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Wouldn't say it's worth trying to force the set mods into your build, only use them if the actual mod is useful too. Some are quite good, in Vigilante for example Vigilante Armaments is quite a good mod to use on almost any weapon, Vigilante Fervor and Offense can be good on the right weapon but as @(PS4)CoolD2108 said should only be used if you have a mod in your build that's not too important. The rest of Vigilante are really only used for the set bonus imo.