The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fusion Cores No Longer Exist

darkkterror

yet another confirm for this data, not that we need more of them ;)

though, i was doing an event alert yesterday, a clannie and i had literally just mentioned to each other that fusion cores no longer exist, then a mod dropped literally right after we stopped talking about that, and it was a Common 3. 

we laughed heartily. 'Yes, We Scan!' :D

but that's the only one i've gotten since the event update.

and a confirm for non random mods. everyone gets the same mod from a mod drop. if that's intentional, i don't like it. i like the 'you should always grab that mod drop if you can, it could be something good' idea. it gives lategame players an incentive to pick up mods, rather than knowing it'll be crap and ignore it. 

and getting random mods was a lot more interesting frankly, i don't like knowing what i'm getting from random drops like that, i like rolling the dice to see what i get. 

Even outside of fusion cores, the variation of drops is also terrible, and what does drop is, as has been stated ammo drum, slash dash, reach being probably the top 3 by a huge margin. It's pretty depressing because out of 500~ mods i've gotten this weekend, none have been really that great. No serration, no hornet strike, no multishot of any kind, heck the only rares i've gotten have been 7, and for various warframe ults. I'm really hoping there's a hotfix tomorrow. Otherwise, it just feels pretty pointless actually trying to get mods.

I don't mind everyone in the squad getting the same. It's still random when it drops so whats wrong with that? It also feels I don't want to say more fair, but it sucks when you pick up a redirection, when someone picks up barrel diffusion. I mean if you're running a level and pass a mod and someone in the back tells you it's ammo drum, i'd probably not even bother going back for it. I don't know, I prefer everyone getting the same one once it drops, as long as there was more variation than is occurring since the patch.

Edited by Maxric

I added a few runs worth of Cyath - Eris data to the main post.  I still have not received a single fusion core since the patch on Friday.  At this point, with what testing I've done and the many comments from other people both in this thread and in others, that there's sufficient proof of a problem with fusion core drops.  They are practically nonexistent at this point, aside from the relatively few people that have mentioned seeing a couple here and there.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

yup same here ive been playing every day since the u9 till now, i always cross my fingers after finishing the missions for fusion cores... so i wont be dissapointed if theres no fusion cores in the rewards.... and indeed theres no cores... and sooooooo gladly accept it... but now its not good anymore... i feels so frustrated just to have 1 core in.... coz i got 12 3common cores left and its useless to raise the energy for upgrading the mods i have.... hope this is fix

i have tons of slash dash, reach, ammo drums, pressure points, quick draw, revenge , regen, redirection, and got some few serration and heavy impact....

I as well have definitely noticed that fusion cores are gone.  Haven't gotten a single one since the last update.  All cores seem to have been replaced with Reach.  Too much Reach!  It's the Winter Contigency.

But in all seriousness, I have complete faith that DE will fix it in no time.  Every time the drop tables get messed up, it always gets fixed within a couple days.  So everyone just stop worrying.

I'm thinking it might be intentional, It was really easy to 3-4 star weapons and max out mods like hornet strike and serration a bit on the speedy side. Kappa was a good place to farm them because of the high mod drop rate and the lowish level grineer. It is kind of one of those changes that you like and hate, I was formaing weapons daily before the patch, now I might only forma once a week. It's a good thing for me since my core weapon load-out is mostly 3-4 stars but it's going to suck for new weapons. I don't like swapping mods around in weapons much, I tend to build each one to be ready to load out rather than equip and mod juggle. 

As a side note I have seen cores as defense rewards and as uncommon boss drops. Haven't been voiding much because of the event, so nothing to report from the normal void missions. 

Edited by B0z0

Easy? I don't agree, maxing hornet strike took forever even with fusion cores. I can agree not swapping mods, but I like playing a variety of frames, and it's a pain in the &#! to swap between different mods on frames and weapons constantly. The exp nerf is probably enough with leveling weapons and such now, but the elimination of fusion cores doesn't seem to be that great. Anyways, they're looking into it still and hopefully revert the change or make them more frequent.

After the recent 9.5 update I've seen only just a few drops on Mercury. In rest they're absent from the game. I thought I was the only one with the problem.

I was getting like 3 per mission in any mission. Now I get like max 2 per mission, and only in Mercury.