The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unarmed Combat

RavingRoman

1 minute ago, NuttiKrust said:

Then I think, right now, your best bet is either to level a new non-lensed melee weapon, or remove a lens from a weapon you don't mind not having lensed. :)

Sounds like a waste of inventory or lenses though. I don't play hardcore right now these days. Argh

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 5:53 AM, NuttiKrust said:

Then I think, right now, your best bet is either to level a new non-lensed melee weapon, or remove a lens from a weapon you don't mind not having lensed. :)

Please bestow upon us this magical method of removing a lens... we would LOVE to know how to do that...

6 minutes ago, Klies said:

Please bestow upon us this magical method of removing a lens... we would LOVE to know how to do that...

It was pointed out to me a few days ago that one cannot remove a lens; I just didn't think to update the post. 

Sarcasm noted. ;)

36 minutes ago, NuttiKrust said:

It was pointed out to me a few days ago that one cannot remove a lens; I just didn't think to update the post. 

Sarcasm noted. ;)

(Thumbs Up)  Still wish it was, even if it's a destroy, not a recover.

On 13/03/2018 at 8:42 AM, RavingRoman said:

they're generally as tough as tissue paper

My completely Unbound school Operator, with more health and the same armour as a Warframe, who regenerates 4 health per second and has the fastest and most controllable movement cast in game, an invulnerability mode at will, and a choice between massive energy regen with electric procs on demand, damage boosting and blinding enemies for bonus damage, disarming and proc'ing confusion, or breaking enemy armour while being even more tanky... Not to mention Arcane boosted for more health and armour...

Yeah, that Operator is laughing at you right now. Because, apart from the damage they can deal (which is sub-par compared to almost all modded weapons, but higher than most un-modded ones), that is an ability set and base stats that let me go pretty much anywhere and expect to do as well on survivability as any Warframe could expect.

Edited by Thaylien

22 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

My completely Unbound school Operator, with more health and the same armour as a Warframe, who regenerates 4 health per second and has the fastest and most controllable movement cast in game, an invulnerability mode at will, and a choice between massive energy regen with electric procs on demand, damage boosting and blinding enemies for bonus damage, disarming and proc'ing confusion, or breaking enemy armour while being even more tanky... Not to mention Arcane boosted for more health and armour...

Yeah, that Operator is laughing at you right now. Because, apart from the damage they can deal (which is sub-par compared to almost all modded weapons, but higher than most un-modded ones), that is an ability set and base stats that let me go pretty much anywhere and expect to do as well on survivability as any Warframe could expect.

Granted they were trying to make a point with that statement, but we all know well that any operator or frame in skilled hands is capable of great things. - Though as far as the original topic, I would say that - as i recall - the devs already adressed two of the most major points in this thread... 1. If you choose to go unarmed without a melee weapon, then you are choosing no melee, the ONLY reason it exists in a Zanuka Recovery is because you don't have POWERS immediately to give you any alternative of damage ability...... and 2. Rhino was SUPPOSED to have Furax in the Profit trailer, but they didn't get animated in within the time allotted before the event they needed it for...which is NOT a valid argument for saying we should be able to punch things with "our" bare "hands". - though there IS the argument that the Operator is NOT allowed in all cases just yet, SO, it MIGHT be nice to have something to at least ONLY break containers, or perform Stealth Finishers, if operator is not unlocked or available at that time, and you've run out of ammo..... I was there in the days before you could UNequip weapons, where you could easily run out of ammo, there were no restores, and you'd have to finish off the jackal with Meele slide attacks with the Dual Ether to ignore it's armor... which is exactly why they were originally hesitant about letting us unequip weapons at all.... but thing have progressed... maybe they will progress further on this topic in the future... but i feel there are far omre important fun gameplay types, quests, worlds, and stories to tell before they update this... and then again they may just retcon this like the moon... Steve's Bourbon List only knows... LOL

Edited by Klies