Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on how to work with mandatory mods.

TheChaotic1

Had a random thought, figured I would share.

Give the damage mods their own slot, then make variations, but you can only use one. So for example you could have:

Serration: Pure Damage, no negative

Split Chamber: Pure multishot, no negative

Heavy Caliber: Higher damage than Serration but decreased aim

Burst Rounds: Higher multishot than Split but slower fire rate

Double Barrel: Some multishot and some damage

49 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Had a random thought, figured I would share.

Give the damage mods their own slot, then make variations, but you can only use one. So for example you could have:

Serration: Pure Damage, no negative

Split Chamber: Pure multishot, no negative

Heavy Caliber: Higher damage than Serration but decreased aim

Burst Rounds: Higher multishot than Split but slower fire rate

Double Barrel: Some multishot and some damage

So we can only use one at a time on any weapon? Ex we can't have Split chamber and Serration on at the time on the same weapon. If so no thank you

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

The one way I can think of is to, first off make a list of mandatory mods for each weapon category, and then make it so when a weapon reaches 30 it gets those bonuses applied automatically to its stats, or maybe you have to level it up again similar to using a forma and we justify it as the operator calibrating the weapon to perfection, thus increasing its base stats.

In reality there's just no easy solution to this problem and even the one I proposed here isn't something I particularily like, but I can't think of any other way.

ppl never learn

there is no mandatory mods ....
the moment u remove a mod a give pll a empty mod slot is gone be filed with the next "" mandatory mod"

see exilus mod slot was made for utility mods the moment drift mods come out "fk utility mods we want powwwwweer" or range  or the next thing too increse dmg

this system is not perfect but atleaset we can chose what we want

and the last time ppl want too change this DE piss off half off the comunity u can see stuff about multyshot being change there was like hate mails too DE

so theres no fixing in the mandatory mods  cuz there is not a problem at all  u have 400 mods u pick the best ones sounds fair

Edited by VeNoN

8 minutes ago, VeNoN said:

so theres no fixing in the mandatory mods  cuz there is not a problem at all  u have 400 mods u pick the best ones sounds fair

The problem is that out of 400 mods there's literally 350 you would never use on any build ever because they're ineffective compared to the alternatives or completely useless all together. 

I don't know the solution the problem, but there are mandatory mods, and they severely limit build diversity. There really are right and wrong answers for each weapon depending on if it's a crit weapon, or a status weapon. Now, if that's the way DE intends for it to be then fine, but they frequently encourage diversity and creativity. In the end, all that means is "play around with it until you find the secret right answer", or more specifically just use the exact same build you use on 90% of your other weapons depending on crit or status.

My hope is that Damage 3.0, with the enemy re-balancing, will actually address most of that issue. Most of our issues with balancing weapons and frames centers around the fact that we're attempting to balance around enemies that aren't balanced. Fix the enemies, then everything will fall into place more easily.

I'm don't want to remove the mods, I just want to free up at least one mod slot, and if you want multishot and damage there would be a mod that does both, like vigor to vitality. There would also need to be a general power increase of all weapon damage, to make up some of the difference.

Ideally there would be like, ten mods that go in the slot, with most having some drawback to break above being average.

Also thought of another mod that could go in that slot, damage conversion mods. Change all base damage to an element of your choice, and a mild damage increase

Il y a 14 heures, TheChaotic1 a dit :

Ideally there would be like, ten mods that go in the slot, with most having some drawback to break above being average.

If we did that, we'd up with situations where some of those mods end up mandatory for certain weapons due to the drawback being non-existent, which is something we already have for Heavy Caliber in come cases.

5 hours ago, Bluesheep100 said:

If we did that, we'd up with situations where some of those mods end up mandatory for certain weapons due to the drawback being non-existent, which is something we already have for Heavy Caliber in come cases.

The goal isn't to remove mandatory mods, but to free up 2-3 mods slots on your weapon for other stuff

10 hours ago, Bluesheep100 said:

As shown by the fact that weapons are plenty powerful as is, I find that incredibly redundant.

This system would restrict you to one raw damage/multishot mod, so the general damage of all weapons would be lowered slightly