Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo decoration controls need enhancement

IceFire909

So I'm really loving the new decorations, but it's super hard to align them against eachother.

- The camera speed needs to be controllable (you got it in Captura, why not here?)

- We need to be able to clip decorations through eachother (I'm placing grineer stairs to make stairs and they either get closeish or the reticle touches the first stairs and it throws off the placement of the next section)

- We need the decoration grapple point to be where we click, not thrown to an arbitrary location. If I pick up my water bottle my hand doesn't snap to the neck of the bottle, my hand grabs where i make it grab.

Edited by IceFire909

I agree with this...It is nice we got X Y Z axis control but when you set the axis to your liking 1 small move and axis gets reset/changed and makes it frustrating in placing decorations such as catwalks.  We need rotation lock where decoration is locked and can only be moved up and down and left or right otherwise i dont see this system working properly.

I literally can't place a Corpus Walkway bit to another one to make a corner segment. It's literally impossible because of where the "Grab Pixel" lies, and where your player camera falls, no matter where you position yourself. The pieces cannot and will not ever conventionally connect together.

I love you, DE, I really do, and everything you've done with these Dojo decorations.......but this hurts. This just hurts so much. I'm so close....but impossibly far.....and I just want to make a Corpus walkway with a corner bit....that's all.....

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

I literally can't place a Corpus Walkway bit to another one to make a corner segment. It's literally impossible because of where the "Grab Pixel" lies, and where your player camera falls, no matter where you position yourself. The pieces cannot and will not ever conventionally connect together.

I love you, DE, I really do, and everything you've done with these Dojo decorations.......but this hurts. This just hurts so much. I'm so close....but impossibly far.....and I just want to make a Corpus walkway with a corner bit....that's all.....

I found that placing either catwalk scheme is easier (currently, anyway) from either the underside of them --especially stairs-- or the sides. The corpus catwalk caps must be placed before anything to their right side if you look at the cap-side head-on. If you are placing multiple corpus caps side-by-side, you need to work from left to right, otherwise placing them in that manner will be impossible, what with the way the grabbing and snapping works. The grineer caps are significantly easier to place, but cannot clip into the ground as much as the corpus scheme caps can.

If I had to scrutinise only one part of the remaster, it would be the dire snapping processes. We can only use grineer catwalk railings, which do seem to clip to each catwalk scheme the same way...the only problem is that either they clip into the catwalks, albeit overhanging the edge, or they hover a minute distance above the catwalk. This seems to go for every part bar the stairs, on which you can somewhat stack 4m railings side-by side more or less as expected. I have taken a look at how DE have been placing the same/similar items in random maps, and honestly, whatever placement system they're using, it is far superior to the knock-off version we have got. We need a lot more of its features for our system to not be more stress than it is worth.

The remaster is definitely a step in the right direction. Decorating is far less tiresome than it used to be, but obviously this new system is going to need some more improvement.

And give me some ruddy corpus railings, DE! >:[