Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we take a moment and remember the Equinox Alt Helmet DE has promised?

TouFuub

Just now, TouFuub said:

I don't get the sentence so I'll come up with something: I'm actually from the 1980's and the director of the Corpus Ambulas Reform commercial.

You say in your OP that:
"On 3rd March, 2018, Devstream 89"
That was 15 days ago... I think you mean 3rd March, 2017...

13 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Something something passion project something something solo developer. 

The sad thing is that it seems DE doesn't want to commit to deadlines and ETA's given the Wait Within situation. However, the lack of replies can give the feeling to anyone who wasn't there during that time the feeling like things are just being ignored. 

Plus the way they communicate needs a bit more work imo. Even something like, "we've noticed this issue, and work is being done" would be nice. 

^ My Stars exactly this

The worst part is, those that were there will noticed how little they replied on the matter

9 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You say in your OP that:
"On 3rd March, 2018, Devstream 89"
That was 15 days ago... I think you mean 3rd March, 2017...

Ahhh you got me >0<

Thanks for reminder, you da best ever.

It's amazing how I am not aware of the small word errors sometimes

Edited by TouFuub

2 minutes ago, TouFuub said:

^ My Stars exactly this

The worst part is, those that were there will noticed how little they replied on the matter

Yeah. 

I get that they're probably really tired of the community, and the backlash to everything can be very draining, especially when it's easier to focus on the something that breaks every time a update comes out. 

But still... I feel that a dedicated person who can just tell us if something has been acknowledged, or if it's being shelved because of x reasons would be for the best. Like not expecting dev workshops or paragraphs of text, but just a line saying yes, we know, and we're working on it would do a lot to temper the uncertainty. 

Devstreams are good and all, but sometimes there's just too much time wasted on housekeeping and questions that might be resolved by the above. 

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Yeah. 

I get that they're probably really tired of the community, and the backlash to everything can be very draining, especially when it's easier to focus on the something that breaks every time a update comes out. 

But still... I feel that a dedicated person who can just tell us if something has been acknowledged, or if it's being shelved because of x reasons would be for the best. Like not expecting dev workshops or paragraphs of text, but just a line saying yes, we know, and we're working on it would do a lot to temper the uncertainty. 

Devstreams are good and all, but sometimes there's just too much time wasted on housekeeping and questions that might be resolved by the above. 

Someone has to point things out sometimes, even the Devs would miss out something sometimes, especially we are talking about hundreds and thousands of things in the game, a simple housekeeping/ The Remote Observor won't be able to cover up all the missing things. It's up to us to remind the devs things that have forgotten at times.

Confirmation as simple as 'Yes we know that xxx is yyy' is much better than nothing and leaving us with question marks and uncertainty, it's really easy to observe how people is reacting to issus or things that lacks information or acknowledgement, sometimes can lead to negative outcome as well.

1 hour ago, TouFuub said:

Sorry for not sorry for ticking you off I guess :P

I'm just salty i had a model i've worked for days, made several saves just in case, and still got all of them corrupted.. guess my computer is an orokin neural sentry.

Also, 

I love playing games with English, it's fun you should try it.

Wat?

1 minute ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I'm just salty i had a model i've worked for days, made several saves just in case, and still got all of them corrupted.. guess my computer is an orokin neural sentry.

Also, 

Wat?

Just messing with ya :P

I understand that it takes time and effort to do a model, and I'm sorry to hear that your model has got corrupted. What I mean 'just re-make it' is to simply start up the making of the helmet again and not just leave it be, especially they really did an excellent job on the helmet design, it would be a shame if they just stop the whole process after the files were corrupted.

I really would have liked to have seen this helmet, but at the same time, as an artist that has lost both 2d and 3d art due to various problems, remaking art just sucks to do.  Halfway through you'll get an awesome idea to do something different, better, and then get tormented by not being able to do that while you bumble around and try to stick to a concept...which is not as easy with the organic hard and soft forms that Warframe uses.  If it does turn out different from what they showed, people will flip, not be happy, but plenty will like it anyway, but the people who are WHY ISN'T THIS THE SAME AS I SAW IT 1 YEAR AGO BEFORE IT WAS FINISHED...will be loud.  Those are the people you don't let look at your art while its in progress because they don't get the process and don't care to learn about it xD

Yoh well!

23 minutes ago, Terrornaut said:

I really would have liked to have seen this helmet, but at the same time, as an artist that has lost both 2d and 3d art due to various problems, remaking art just sucks to do.  Halfway through you'll get an awesome idea to do something different, better, and then get tormented by not being able to do that while you bumble around and try to stick to a concept...which is not as easy with the organic hard and soft forms that Warframe uses.  If it does turn out different from what they showed, people will flip, not be happy, but plenty will like it anyway, but the people who are WHY ISN'T THIS THE SAME AS I SAW IT 1 YEAR AGO BEFORE IT WAS FINISHED...will be loud.  Those are the people you don't let look at your art while its in progress because they don't get the process and don't care to learn about it xD

Yoh well!

I mean that'll be another issue (Ahem Ember Deluxe, which I don't like the design, to be really honest here)

I understand that starting over from the beginning because some accidents happened really kicks you in the nuts HARD (I actually been through that when I draw). but then there are people who actually appreciate the effort and the creativity, those people are the ones that have expectation and hopes to you. Like for the Equinox alt helmet, it was an excellent design, yet due to corruption, the final product will not be seeing the light for a long while. It does not kick the artist in the nuts but also the people who are hoping for it. It was really shameful that all the people won't be seeing the final product especially when it was a good piece, and that the artist could have worked on again. Like I would have lost the feeling of pride when I can't finished the good things I've started off as well.

However, given that the making of the alt helmet was the company's order, prior to its official public announcement with proof that the conceptual design shown was quite polished at that point, in base level, I'm sure that the artist who can get support from the peers in the team could have restarted the process, yet it was already been a year since its announcement, hence I'm more concerned on whether the Art Team would care about it again.

But again, we'll need to hope for the best.

Edited by TouFuub

Just messing with ya :P

I understand that it takes time and effort to do a model, and I'm sorry to hear that your model has got corrupted. What I mean 'just re-make it' is to simply start up the making of the helmet again and not just leave it be, especially they really did an excellent job on the helmet design, it would be a shame if they just stop the whole process after the files were corrupted.

Oh, cool. For a second there i thought my english was so bad it'd make a misunderstanding :clem:

Anyways, there's that