The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws pointless unless you where on for Plague Star

Delphinus13

On 3/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, SortaRandom said:

lol

The only benefit of using a Plague zaw is that they have a bit of Viral damage at base, replacing some physical damage. That's literally the only benefit.

There's that, and there's how I can make a rapier zaw that actually looks like a rapier and not some barbarian's snapped harpoon.

Outside of the fact that Zaws are pretty much the best choice in every category (outside of powerful weapons with powerful Rivens maybe), I suppose Zaws are pretty pointless.

And Plague Star Zaws, to my knowledge, shine mostly due to their synergy with Condition Overkill- I mean Overload.

On 3/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, Acersecomic said:

Honestly the Balla dagger is one of, if not THE MOST powerful melee weapon I have. It's just that freaking good. And I didn't even put a riven on it yet! I didn't even put a good link on it! I went for full status instead of hybrid.

Question. I have rolled a great balla riven. Was thinking of making as staff as it has increase crit chance on slide attack, but also has finisher damage and melee damage. Should i build a dagger, staff, or both even? I heard the balla dagger is the best possible dagger, but the staff doesn’t look too bad either. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Android2715 said:

Question. I have rolled a great balla riven. Was thinking of making as staff as it has increase crit chance on slide attack, but also has finisher damage and melee damage. Should i build a dagger, staff, or both even? I heard the balla dagger is the best possible dagger, but the staff doesn’t look too bad either. Thoughts?

For staff you're better off with Cyath, Balla makes a much better dagger. However, on daggers you don't need finisher damage since you have Covert Lethality, a mod which will not only allow for instakills on finishers but also gives you a fair amount of base damage as well (a fact many people ignore).

If you make a stave out of Balla because of that riven, you will have extra damage, you'll have inbuilt maiming strike AND you'll have extra finisher damage which counts on sleeping targets or targets under Banshee's Silence.

So... judging by your riven, you should apsolutely go with a staff.

As for Balla itself, definetly build both, but get a second riven if you want a rivened Balla dagger and just roll for damage and utility like attack speed or range.

Edited by Acersecomic