Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam wants to re-download Warframe

EatMorChiikin

Question

So I turned my computer on, and went to the W's in the Steam window to launch Warframe. It wasn't there. This was very odd, but I figured that I'd just launch it from it's desktop shortcut. When I opened that, it opened the Steam window asking to confirm download and listing the time it would take. This makes absolutely no sense, as I've been playing Warframe for over a year and have had no problems before. Is this problem fixable easily, or am I going to have to re-download the game?

3 answers to this question

If you still have the game data but steam doesn't register warframe in your library, it might be better to replace the steam manifest with a fresh one. Your old steam manifest should be in the warframe steam folder. Close steam completely before replacing the file. Then after that restart steam, and warframe should appear in your library again and you won't have to redownload it. 

If you need a fresh warframe steam manifest, you can try asking someone to upload it for you. Note that replacing steam manifest will change in game settings to the one in the new manifest.

Hope this helps!

Edited by CodeCypher
Added more details