Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It seems, some enemies ignore Limbo's Rift (but shouldn't)

d3me

Been doing infested excavation today and found that Infested Energy Carrier's projectiles (or maybe this was Infestoid's ones?) can apparently shoot through Cataclysm bubble, damaging extractors normally. The same can be said about Grineer Napalms with their fire balls of doom, burning MD consoles to a crisp in no time.

Also, why is every trap in Kuva Fortress can do damage to Limbo ignoring the rift status?

As far as I know, fire, tar, sappers, eximus aura, they don't ignore the rift. But there's strange rules. Like tar for example. If the tar is already there, you drop cataclysm with stasis, the tar won't hurt you anymore. But if the tar was created by an infested moa already inside the cataclysm, the tar WILL hurt anyone banished. Its like a projectile. If its spawned in the rift, it'll hit things in the rift. If its spawned outside of the rift, it won't hit things in the rift.

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

As far as I know, fire, tar, sappers, eximus aura, they don't ignore the rift. But there's strange rules. Like tar for example. If the tar is already there, you drop cataclysm with stasis, the tar won't hurt you anymore. But if the tar was created by an infested moa already inside the cataclysm, the tar WILL hurt anyone banished. Its like a projectile. If its spawned in the rift, it'll hit things in the rift. If its spawned outside of the rift, it won't hit things in the rift.

This seems to be the behavior on PS4.

Basically Damage over time that was already initiated before Stasis activation, will persist through Cataclysm+Stasis.

Infested have a lot of DoT attacks.

Running Minimum Range Cataclysm for Extractor protection, seems to provide the most protection, as it limits the chances to have a DoT attack ever landing inside such a small bubble. (Also means if you use Banish on a PowerCells carrier- you will pretty much only be single target rift-fighting.)

4 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

This explains so much.

I always see these kind of complaints about Rift inconsistencies which I've literally never noticed, but I only ever use max range catastasis for solo interception- I'm min-range everywhere else.

It's amusing to me that min-range isn't just less annoying for your party.

Edited by TheBlueJelly