Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best way to farm mods?

Mr.Tracer

Question

The title explains it all basically. I am talking about all types of mods, as I am currently playing early game(am on Mars) and find that I am lacking some mods(eg: I only have 1 elemental mod for my primary gun). I also obviously need more rare mods aswell, so tips for getting them too please! 

Quick question aswell: Are the Dex weapons any good. I currently have all 3 of them, and personaly think I prefer the primary Dex weapon to the Boltar. Thanks for the help.

9 answers to this question

You should check here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

Each mod has its loot source, having certain frame like nekros/ivara (and others) make it easier to get some mods.

il y a 3 minutes, Mr.Tracer a dit :

Quick question aswell: Are the Dex weapons any good. I currently have all 3 of them, and personaly think I prefer the primary Dex weapon to the Boltar. Thanks for the help.

Dex weapons are pretty good/decent.

There are better weapons, but they're still great.

On my early days, I used to play missions in the Void quite a lot, mainly because of the special containers that could have some staple mods. I used this guide:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tracer said:

If you are a beginner, they are amongst the best weapons you can get your hands on. The Dex Sybaris, in particular, can take you to late game content (although maybe not end game). The other two are good, although not as good.

Also, about the mods: if there is some rare mod that's driving you crazy, consider trading for it. Most people will exchange non-primed, non-corrupted mods for little, as most advanced/veterans will have loads of copies. Offer a full Ayatan statue in exchange for a bundle of useful mods and you'll probably get someone interested ;)

5 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

On my early days, I used to play missions in the Void quite a lot, mainly because of the special containers that could have some staple mods. I used this guide:

Reveal hidden contents

as above poster, void is a good pace to get a fair few mods, but keep an eye out for taxi's to alerts and nightmare mod missions for some important mods. Otherwise scan everything so you can see their drop tables in the codex.

13 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

If you are a beginner, they are amongst the best weapons you can get your hands on. The Dex Sybaris, in particular, can take you to late game content (although maybe not end game). The other two are good, although not as good.

Also, about the mods: if there is some rare mod that's driving you crazy, consider trading for it. Most people will exchange non-primed, non-corrupted mods for little, as most advanced/veterans will have loads of copies. Offer a full Ayatan statue in exchange for a bundle of useful mods and you'll probably get someone interested ;)

What exactly is the Sybaris? Ive tried to get it once, but we ran out of life support at 30 seconds left after running away for most of it(they seemed a bit to hard for us)

2 hours ago, Mr.Tracer said:

I am talking about all types of mods, as I am currently playing early game(am on Mars) and find that I am lacking some mods

The question is too broad to answer because which mod you want determines the best way to farm it. 

The Sybaris is a burst fire rifle that shoots 2 bullet bursts making it feel and play a lot like a semi-auto with 100% multishot.  The Dex variant is a very good gun if you like the play style of semi-auto rifles.  It is also the best Dex weapon in comparison to the other options like it.  The Furis is a serviceable but unexciting auto pistol and the Dakra is hindered by the dual sword stances being terrible.

EDIT - I suppose I should give you some of the options though.

1. Void containers.  Look for a tutorial video on youtube

2. Spy missions of all all three difficulty tiers - mission rewards

3. Excavation missions of different tiers - mission rewards

4. Survival against different factions and enemy level - drops from enemies

5. Nightmare mode

6. Corrupted vaults in the derelict

7. POE bounties and enemies (I've gotten several rage mods on the plains)

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

You can always do the mission in a public group or even ask on the recruitement chan if someone is willing to lend your a hand. Warframe has a pretty nice community and it should be a matter of seconds before someone answer you.
But I can't remember if the Dex Sybaris is awarded after a survival mission (the Syandana is if I remember correctly).

As for mods, I doubt there's an universal answer. Mods come from pretty much everywhere. Your best bet is to choose what you're looking for and try to run missions where enemies that drop it will be present.

6 hours ago, Huillam said:

You can always do the mission in a public group or even ask on the recruitement chan if someone is willing to lend your a hand. Warframe has a pretty nice community and it should be a matter of seconds before someone answer you.
But I can't remember if the Dex Sybaris is awarded after a survival mission (the Syandana is if I remember correctly).

As for mods, I doubt there's an universal answer. Mods come from pretty much everywhere. Your best bet is to choose what you're looking for and try to run missions where enemies that drop it will be present.

Yeah sorry, I actually ment the Syandana, I was wondering how you get that

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that mission come with the "eximus stronghold" modifier: eximus (basically elite enemies) have a much much higher spawn rate here than in normal mission.
Having difficulty completing it if you're new to the game is perfectly normal