Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Plains Of Eidolon poisoning Warframe?

superaquafin

The two biggest problems currently plaguing Warframes Plains OF Eidolon Expantion are;

1. The bounty system's lack of integration with our ships navigation and forcing players to participate in these bounties to unveil riven mods. 

2. Secondly, the plains themselves resembles a vast and lifeless wasteland with the occasional cluster of creatures plotted every few hundred meters. Everything about this expansion goes against the core mechanics of Warframe:

- Same boring map with invisible barriers and no underwater caves like the tile sets of Uranus.  

- Weird Fishing and Mining skill/Activity? 

Potential Solutions; 

1. For the first problem I would suggest we implement the bounty missions into the ships navigation instead of traveling to Cetus; Furthermore, like Archwing and Conclave we should stop providing Riven challenges for the Plains of Eidolon.

2. The Plains themselves need to be separated with landmarks for example soaring walls, underwater sections, forests. 

Edited by superaquafin

I actually do like Riven Challenges in the plains. They are different and rewarding to do sometimes. I do not see a problem on traveling to Cetus to grab a bounty. I mean, DE took the time and effort to create a social hub like Cetus, is beautifully made, so i do not want to waste their efforts.

Don't they already did something like Landmarks with the Advanced Plains map?

the riven cetus missions are damn horrible, normal riven challenges you can set up for and go complete straight away, cetus 1s depend on rng crap, for example i have 1 that requires 3 condrocs killed in flight in 5 seconds or less, 1st you have to try find those stupid birds, then u have to hope they fly away without dying 1st, then u have to hope you get all 3 in 5 seconds, its annoying, waste of time and riven will sit in my inventory forever veiled

Edited by xXHobbitXx

We all agree there is room for improvement. I'd personally like to have an auto-queue Bounties system (say: you finish the bounty and the game automatically gives you a chance to start a tier higher bounty, or repeat the same bounty, or continue playing in free roam, or extract, without needing to return to Cetus and go through two loading tunnels).

That said I can only echo what has been said by @TheBestNapkin, who also has the best napkin-related forum name I have ever seen.

As for "poisoning"... clickbaiting much? It's two minor complaints at best.

Edited by Dhrekr

I'm not really sure where "poisoning" Warframe comes into play with the issues you're having. I can see your perspective, but I don't see how either of those problems effect the greater game as a whole- Rivens are an infinitesimally small part of Warframe and your second part about feeling like the Plains are a wasteland only applies to the Plains. As far as considering them in finer detail,

- I agree that it would be nice if we could access the initial bounty through the star map by "messaging" Konzu. I really like the Cetus marketplace, but sometimes I just want to drop into the Plains and play without going through the formalities. That being said, going to the Market and bullet-jumping to Konzu is a very small formality that takes up about 90 seconds of my time.

- The Plains are huge compared to the tilesets but still too small to have much in the way of varying biomes without feeling weird. Another thing to consider is that greater amounts of foliage is going to take a greater toll on the computers of users, and Warframe has a bit of a reputation of being extraordinarily forgiving to low-end rigs. When I'm on trips, I can play Warframe, even the Plains, on my eight year old laptop with Intel graphics. That's spectacular. While eventually people need to just upgrade if they want to enjoy advancing technologies, I don't believe rendering methods are good enough yet for an expansive forest open world to be added without instantly severing a large portion of the community. A lot of people still have trouble getting Earth to run without chugging. In the future maybe, though! Breath of The Wild did some really clever tricks with their flora that I think we're going to be seeing a lot of companies pick up in the near future.

For me, the Plains of Eidolon are now strictly for Arcanes, cracking some Rivens, and Unvaulted Relics (if you're lucky enough to ever see any). 

The "this is neat" vibe faded off after about 15 minutes, because it's a pretty sterile environment. So, you know, neat landscape and ooh, there's a cave (with nothing in it), and "whoa, Ghouls are some messed-up dudes," but the new-car smell wore off just about as fast as it does with the normal tileset missions. 

The Plains of Eidolon are now a necessary but kinda tiresome evil, like, say, Survival missions or Defection or whatever. You want a thing, you resign yourself to going there to do it. I am not sure "Large Landscape Missions*" was the right path for DE to take (as opposed to, say, "Visit the Tau System! See Amazing Places! Kill Interesting People!"), but they have hitched their wagon to it so we'll just have to see where it takes them. 

* More accurate than "Open World." I think that's part of the issue: a big mission level is still just a mission level, and in this case, it's almost exactly like Destiny's patrol areas: a confined / defined space with sparsely wandering mobs and resources to farm, and missions that will occasionally make you run through that area. Unfortunately for DE, Destiny 2, in particular, did it better -- the spaces weren't necessarily vast, but they had a good mix of wilderness and manmade terrain, interesting things to see, verticality, varied vegetation/feel, places for fun firefights, and things like Lost Sectors (which, while not endlessly interesting, were more than empty caves). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe