Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Cores As A Seperate Drop?

Paradoxbomb

So, a lot of complaints about the recent lack of fusion core drops since the most recent drop table update, which I got to agree with since I've only gotten 1 core in the past few days. I think the issue with fusion core drops is that because they count as mods, they have to fight with the dozen of other existing mods for a chance to be the item you get, and this seems to be a recurring issue with each update to the drop system.

IMO, fusion cores should drop separately from mods, like resources or blueprints, so that way players have slightly better chances at getting them over the common mods that have become all too... common as of lately, not to mention avoid future issues with changes to mod drop rates.

Aesthetically, they could probably share the same model as mods, just scale them down by 40-50% and give them a different glow color (purple maybe?). Enemies and containers would have a small chance to drop cores in addition to all other existing items (mods and resources).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I think the current system is a grab to get people to buy plat and get the fusion core packs to be honest. If that is the case this plan won't go through~ How ever I would like to see it implemented. +1.

Either that or let us buy fusion core packs with credits.

I think the current system is a grab to get people to buy plat and get the fusion core packs to be honest. If that is the case this plan won't go through~ How ever I would like to see it implemented. +1.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93228-fusion-cores-no-longer-exist/page-2#entry1050555

Pretty much what MeteorKing linked too. I don't think it's a ruse by DE to get us to buy them so much as it is just backlash from the tables being changed. Fusion cores went on hiatus before (some time during update 8 if I recall) but then the drops became decent again until the most recent update. Granted they could probably get away with it if they really wanted to, but I doubt they're that maniacal.

By having cores drop separately we could hopefully avoid future complications with adjusting the drop tables for mods.

Really glad they nerfed the fusion core drop. I really needed 40 "Reach" mods instead..sic.

It wasn't nerfed..... they are just redesigning loot tables and how they work..... and some things get screwed up in the way (trinity parts being dropped by commanders... anyone? =P).... jeez

It wasn't nerfed..... they are just redesigning loot tables and how they work..... and some things get screwed up in the way (trinity parts being dropped by commanders... anyone? =P).... jeez

I don't think Commanders dropping rare stuff is that bad, kinda makes up for them being born in the first place ;)

I don't think Commanders dropping rare stuff is that bad, kinda makes up for them being born in the first place ;)

LOL..... you make a very compelling point, hard to argue it when you put it that way Paradox :P (reminiscence: *Remembers the old times of being a young lively Tenno, and suddenly getting warped all over the place by multiple commanders spamming and not knowing what the hell was going on, blaming lag and fps hell :P)

Edited by Eisvogel

Ahhh....dropping about 95% less fusion cores isn't a nerf? Just a re-adjustment? Maybe we should let Fox News call it what it is: a Scandal...lol.

Meh, I'm sure they'll work it out eventually, though I still think making cores drop separately from mods would help stop the issue of shortages every time mods need adjusting, so I'd rather they just do that.

Excellent idea OP, I hope they adopt it.  I to think that this would help avoid issues with any future changes to mod drop rates.  Maybe actually treat them just like resources, so you could also get them from containers and lockers.  The drop rate would probably need to be lower than the current rate for resources though, currently resource drops are really high in some cases and having that flood of fusion cores probably wouldn't be a good idea. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Excellent idea OP, I hope they adopt it.  I to think that this would help avoid issues with any future changes to mod drop rates.  Maybe actually treat them just like resources, so you could also get them from containers and lockers.  The drop rate would probably need to be lower than the current rate for resources though, currently resource drops are really high in some cases and having that flood of fusion cores probably wouldn't be a good idea. 

It could be because I don't play a lot of defense, but I honestly haven't noticed the spike in resources, except maybe common ones and a few more plastids (which I'm actually not in need of at the moment :O). The mods seem to be back to square one though (except slash dash is the new point strike now). Though I'm sure DE would be careful not to make cores drop in too high abundance, fusion cores packs don't buy themselves after all.

Also yes to dropping from lockers and not just enemies, containers really need more incentive to be sought out.