Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the next Recruitment for Guides of the Lotus?

(PSN)Aerik93

Question

There is literally only one Guide of the Lotus for Oceania PS4.

I want to volunteer to help people in my server. While we are not as many as the US servers and the line we still are here, and we need a Guide of the Lotus who is actually active.

When I say that - I have never once seen the singular Oceania Guide of the Lotus online but once in the entirety of the 180+ days I have been playing Warframe. What point is there being a Guide of the Lotus if he’s never online to do it?

This is why I want to volunteer as a Guide of the Lotus - to actually help my server out and probably be recognised for it. Only 180 days in but I got quite the understanding of the game.

But I do also know that I can’t just be titled on a whim - I need to be recruited.

So when’s the next recruitment period for Guides of the Lotus?

17 answers to this question

Here's the link to the (kind of hidden) Guides of the Lotus FAQ. But remember that you don't need to be a guide in order to help people and that if you aim to be a good guide then recognition should be the very last thing on your mind.

59 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

Here's the link to the (kind of hidden) Guides of the Lotus FAQ. But remember that you don't need to be a guide in order to help people and that if you aim to be a good guide then recognition should be the very last thing on your mind.

This ^^ 

I would never have the time to be a guide but I like to sit in lfg and help newer Players with whatever they need!!

On 3/22/2018 at 2:26 PM, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

I believe they do a recruiting session once, maybe twice, a year. I advise you learn the ways of the GOTL beforehand: 

There are many who say that they recruit once or twice a year. It has been well over a year now, if memory serves, and they have yet to open up recruitment. I want it to be known that I am not criticizing DE here, but that is faulty information. They do not appear to have a set schedule. I've been keeping my eye on (DE) Danielle's posts, and so far no luck. To those who are interested in becoming Guides like myself, I advice following Danielle on these forums. If recruitment does open, she'll be the one posting it.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Jungalicious said:

Is there any way to receive a notification when there are openings?

I can understand that it's random, but how else would i know if there were availability?

I'd hate to miss an opportunity.

I think your best bet is to follow [DE]Danielle like Raveon said above. She's usually the one who handles recruitment threads.

I have well over 2000 hours over  more than 4 years according to my Xbox and I don't even think I'm veteran enough to be a GOTL. Allot of us like the idea of it, but... Well I can't shake the fear of DE basically telling me that I'm still not experienced enough or something. If someone from GOTL told that I could do it, then I'd have more confidence... But I'm surely too abstract for such an established order of Tenno.

I can't speak for the rest of you guys, but I suspect that you might reaaaally need a master knowledge. 

I could also be completely wrong too.

Also go find a GOTL and just ask them, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction as Its their job.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
Additional thought.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Also go find a GOTL and just ask them, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction as Its their job.

Dude. The entire reason I started this topic is because there are no GOTLs in my Region.

Don’t need to worry about it being too complex though - just gotta have, I think, 800+ hours of in-game play time (ie, not idling in Orbiter) and less than one warning point here on the Forums.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

Dude. The entire reason I started this topic is because there are no GOTLs in my Region.

Don’t need to worry about it being too complex though - just gotta have, I think, 800+ hours of in-game play time (ie, not idling in Orbiter) and less than one warning point here on the Forums.

HAHA you should be the first!

I'm in the Oceania servers two, I have over 1000hrs, and have never seen a GOTL before. It would be nice to see some actual dates from DE. I don't want to be watching out on the forums all the time if they don't plan on opening applications for another year. I'm looking at the Warframe discord right now and not one of them is actually in game.

Edited by _Neuromaencer
Add info.

On 2018-03-22 at 2:26 PM, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

I believe they do a recruiting session once, maybe twice, a year. I advise you learn the ways of the GOTL beforehand: 

There have been many comments that say "once or twice a year" yet I think almost a year and a half has passed since I started keeping an eye out for the announcement, and it has not occurred.

On 2018-03-27 at 2:46 AM, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

800 hours minimum. I’m close but still not even there and I feel like I play all the time lol

Guides are selected from the ranks of players who are dyed in the wool veterans. You need to have a deep, thorough understanding of the game, in order to assist the playerbase.

Le 15/06/2018 à 10:22, BoboMagroto a dit :

Interested in joining in the GotL for Oceania PC... be more easier to find and help those over asking on the region chat. Though do it unofficial works for now 🙂

Same for me, I help players as a GotL but without being it since a year or so. I started playing 4 years ago in EU servers (French) with really nice GotL but then I moved to Americans servers and since 2 years, I've never encountered one. The chat is total chaos and sometimes (as I'm not GotL) I struggle helping playing while keeping chat polite. The recruitment state as it is right now is kinda closed : since 2 years I haven't heard about recruitments (heard in French servers) and it disappoints me that my servers hasn't any (active at least) GotL.

DE should be awared of the lack of GotL in certain servers.