Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Sports

NoSpax

So we have pets. Forgive the vague style of this Post. 

How about a small competitive change? 

PET VS PET

We can let our Pets do some work and even improve their VS stats, which consist of:

Power, Stamina, Speed, Intelligence

To improve a stat, you can apply a stim. Instead of being temporary, they are permanent. Depending on the Race of Kubrow/Cavat, one stim may be more powerful then another, but why does that matter? 

When applying a stim, the Stats get increased as if it were EXP, once the gauge hits 100, this stat levels up. 

So if one where to apply enough stims to improve Speed to Level 5, the Pet gets 10% more Movement Speed. If you do Power, it gets Power, this influences Jump height and lenght. For intelligence, Pets react faster, any cooldowns shorten. It also allows increased Evasion, Sustainability or short: The Pet can act on its own trying not do die. 

All Stats are capped and balanced, so you can't have a skyrocket +500% movement speed Cavat, which Super Cats. 

So why should we do that? 

We have competitive minigames, one for each stats except Stamina. 

Power requires Pets to either:

- Drag an object on a rope to the finish line. 

- Jump and Climb a wall

- Break Obstacles

Speed requires Pets to:

- Run along a preset, random track 

Intelligence requires Pets

- to find and fetch an item buried or dropped. The more the better. 

- Finding a way through a labyrinth (ok, i think this is boring)

Intelligence also influences all other matches. A smart cat will take shortcuts. 

Each course has 3 difficulties, so be prepared with a trained Pet. 

Stamina is used as a boost or in general. If it depletes throughout the game, it has to refill, before the Pet continues to to what it does. 

A higher Stamina extends the Stamina by X and adds Y% efficiency. An owner can press " E" to cheer on his Pet, this will deplete the Stamina Gauge faster, when used recklessly. The Pet gets a temporary boost in stat, duration is by Intelligence Stat. 

A pet winning gains them a few stats and also depletes Stamina by 10% Your poor pet shouldn't be running all day. Give it a break. 

Pets who won a lot can be awarded a Medal. This can be equipped as an accessory. Different Medals have different stats. Yes, they actually have an effect. Medals are tiered. Medals affect the normal game. 

Bronze Speed: "Awarded to a pet with a good performance in Speed Contest. This medal increases movement speed by 5% when worn. " 

Bronze Power : "Awarded to pets with good performance in Power Contest. This Medal increases Damage by 5% when worn. " added. 

Bronze Intelligence : "Awarded to pets with good performance in Intelligence Contest. This Medal increases Energy by 10% and reduces cooldown by 10%." Also affects Pet AI during play, using Abilities faster (f.e unlocking Lockers) and reduces cooldown between Abilities used ( f.e less time between unlocking another Locker) . The pet can act better trying to survive, even /unstuck itself

(Note: Won't affect Cat's Eye and Lucky Charm Mods, as they would overstack/cancel out) 

For Silver Medals, replace "good" with "excellent", Speed gets 10%, Power 10% and Intelligence gets 20% respectively. 

For Gold Medals,  replace "excellent " with "superior". Speed 15%, Power 15%, Intelligence 30% respectively. 

Only the pet who recieved the Medal can equip it. If the Medal is unwanted, it can be used as decoration. If the deco is removed, the medal returns to the Pet which owns it. If the Pet is in stasis, it won't affect the deco. If the pet is given to the Lotus, it detaches the Medal, so the Medal can remain as deco. Removing it will return the Medal to the Inventory. It can be finally sold for 1250 Credits. 

Mmmh, anything I should note? No, for starters, this has to suffice. 

although I don't like PvP I like the idea of improving my Karats/Kubrows because right now they are nearly useless for me...
they need some changes to make them more different from sentinels.

and improving them (with some kind of work) would be really cool.

but I would also like to have the ability to command them. Maybe only one button/key: 

if pointed at

an enemy - attack

an object/other player - guard (attacking enemy that attack them)

on the ground - stay at this place

in the air - delete command, follow like normal

on an downed ally - "lick his wounds" to increase bleed out timer

maybe something like that

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

Spoiler

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Nacond said:

although I don't like PvP I like the idea of improving my Karats/Kubrows because right now they are nearly useless for me...
they need some changes to make them more different from sentinels.

and improving them (with some kind of work) would be really cool.

but I would also like to have the ability to command them. Maybe only one button/key: 

if pointed at

an enemy - attack

an object/other player - guard (attacking enemy that attack them)

on the ground - stay at this place

in the air - delete command, follow like normal

on an downed ally - "lick his wounds" to increase bleed out timer

maybe something like that

"You think you want it.....but you don't really want it."

Coming from a lot of other mmos and from classes where you can control your pets let me tell you that it's a lot of micromanaging and work and that the AI happens to be really stubborn and not give a S#&$ about your orders a good 50% of the times ; no, I don't want a control system unless it's maybe just similar to Fallout's ( point and click....on enemy to attack , on ally to guard , on place to guard , ecc...) .

I also think that Kavats and Kubrows should go through a rework but I don't want to be forced improving them via pvp or competitions.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Elyann:

"You think you want it.....but you don't really want it."

Coming from a lot of other mmos and from classes where you can control your pets let me tell you that it's a lot of micromanaging and work and that the AI happens to be really stubborn and not give a S#&$ about your orders a good 50% of the times ; no, I don't want a control system unless it's maybe just similar to Fallout's ( point and click....on enemy to attack , on ally to guard , on place to guard , ecc...) .

I also think that Kavats and Kubrows should go through a rework but I don't want to be forced improving them via pvp or competitions.

Yes I want it... but I would most likely only command to guard the pod or something like that... ^^

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Mayahai:

They need to rethink their life's choices and abandon video games altogether.

Lol. 

I was thinking of having pets fighting each other, but those easily triggered people nowadays are the reason i didn't suggest it. 

"In this game pets fight each other, this is not animal friendly. I am gonna sue DE". - People who think pixels are lifeforms. 

Where is my Ash Ketchup Costume for the operator, cause I gotta build them all. Still missing some Pokeframes in my Codex I got from Professor Lotus. 

Pets work a little different here, each Stat has it's own EXP. But technically, it's equal in genre as all RPG, I admit. 

Edited by NoSpax