Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This New Event Is Awful

Mustaklaki

I will be quick about this.

1. Boring, nonexistant rewards. You get mods that barely have any use, at an insanely high price (100 runs? Really? I have things to do.) New Settlements, I guess, but I'll let everybody else unlock those, as I won't even be doing this event.

2. Awkward execution. Do X Alert, Craft Z item, use Z item to go to Y. It's just strange, should have you just go to the missions.

3. No Matchmaking. This is probably the dumbest one out of them all. If you haven't noticed, Warframe isn't a social game, at all. Hardly anyone ever talks, and in my 140 ingame hours I've seen one person use a mic. For 2 seconds. Forcing people to have friends, beg to be in a group, or be in a clan, is pretty dumb to be honest. Very dumb, actually. Why couldn't they just play the event? Because it's in the Void? Dumb excuse. It also doesn't really benefit any new players at all who want to partake, that may not have any ingame friends yet, or a clan. I understand you can solo the mission pretty easily, but why would you? Why would that even be considered remotely fun in any way? And again, I highly doubt any player under Master Rank 2 would be able to solo the mission.

If I can say anything good about it, it's that it is a decent transition to show off the soon to be new enemies, the Scouts. But that could have also been done in any other way possible. In summary, this event is boring, has boring rewards, and is more of a hassle than the other events.

Ergo, why would anybody even want to do it if it is harder, and the rewards suck?

Mods are great, especially Lethal Torrent. It's true the execution is nothing new, and no dedicated matchmaking for the event is something to think about, but there's plenty of people to do the event with in chat.

The repetition of this game is terrible and mind numbing.

The lack of story line is horrible, leaving one feeling that its all pretty pointless other than getting new gear.

The game mechanics are solid and are the best feature of the game.

That the patch was full of bugs and that the developers released it and then had all their support staff go on vacation immediately after is horrific.

The new Transmute is freezing peoples mods and resetting their mods to previous load outs after each mission, making this event unplayable for a large number of players. 

Partially agreed.

as for the reward: you usually do it for the mods, just for the sake of having them. Still the most useful event reward was either Frost Prime or Snipetron Vandal.

2.Extremely flawed system, spend 5/10/15 minutes on getting element A, spend another   5/10/15 minutes on getting element B, buy a blueprint for 2000 each time (It's an operation, i am supposed to be supported by the lotus, not paying god-knows who for participating in the operation).

then pay 15k for the crafting itself.

THEN, you need to complete a team of 4, because otherwise the system will spawn only one scout.

Start the operation a.k.a rush fest, ignore everything but the scouts.

Rinse and repeat. if you're lucky, you'll have to do it "only" around 30 times to get enough points for max reward.

3.Agreed

I will be quick about this.

1. Boring, nonexistant rewards. You get mods that barely have any use, at an insanely high price (100 runs? Really? I have things to do.) New Settlements, I guess, but I'll let everybody else unlock those, as I won't even be doing this event.

2. Awkward execution. Do X Alert, Craft Z item, use Z item to go to Y. It's just strange, should have you just go to the missions.

3. No Matchmaking. This is probably the dumbest one out of them all. If you haven't noticed, Warframe isn't a social game, at all. Hardly anyone ever talks, and in my 140 ingame hours I've seen one person use a mic. For 2 seconds. Forcing people to have friends, beg to be in a group, or be in a clan, is pretty dumb to be honest. Very dumb, actually. Why couldn't they just play the event? Because it's in the Void? Dumb excuse. It also doesn't really benefit any new players at all who want to partake, that may not have any ingame friends yet, or a clan. I understand you can solo the mission pretty easily, but why would you? Why would that even be considered remotely fun in any way? And again, I highly doubt any player under Master Rank 2 would be able to solo the mission.

If I can say anything good about it, it's that it is a decent transition to show off the soon to be new enemies, the Scouts. But that could have also been done in any other way possible. In summary, this event is boring, has boring rewards, and is more of a hassle than the other events.

Ergo, why would anybody even want to do it if it is harder, and the rewards suck?

I agree.  But for me its because this is a race.  It is nothing but an annoying rush fest.  Flying past enemies rather than actually fighting them.  I might as well be playing a racing game, because that's all most of this event is.

Good thing you guys like the mods because I'm with OP on this one. I'd never put any of those mods in my weapons/warframes.

Shred - fire rate and puncture. No one needs puncture and how much more fire rate do you need aside the one mod for the fire rate?

Vigor - 20" shield and 20% health, that's half of what the proper shield and health modules are and we're talking about rare vs commun which makes upgrading a lot easier on the proper mods, again I fail to see the use unless you are thinking of removing both mods to use just this one but the amount of max sheild and health granted by it is still very low so, nope!

Lethal Torrent - fire rate and multishot. So again, who needs any more fire rate than what the specific mod gives? Who needs more multishot when you already get it to 100% with the proper mod?

I'm sorry but I see no advantages in using the new mods... But maybe I'm just not enlightned enough so do tell why are they so good.

As for the other rewards, they are laughable. DE should give proper rewards for events. Either stuff that is incredibly hard to get or stuff that is only obtainable through plat.

Good thing you guys like the mods because I'm with OP on this one. I'd never put any of those mods in my weapons/warframes.

Shred - fire rate and puncture. No one needs puncture and how much more fire rate do you need aside the one mod for the fire rate?

Vigor - 20" shield and 20% health, that's half of what the proper shield and health modules are and we're talking about rare vs commun which makes upgrading a lot easier on the proper mods, again I fail to see the use unless you are thinking of removing both mods to use just this one but the amount of max sheild and health granted by it is still very low so, nope!

Lethal Torrent - fire rate and multishot. So again, who needs any more fire rate than what the specific mod gives? Who needs more multishot when you already get it to 100% with the proper mod?

I'm sorry but I see no advantages in using the new mods... But maybe I'm just not enlightned enough so do tell why are they so good.

As for the other rewards, they are laughable. DE should give proper rewards for events. Either stuff that is incredibly hard to get or stuff that is only obtainable through plat.

It depends on your creativity

You can go all tank with even more sh*tton of health/shields if you stack up Vitality/Redirection and Vigor.

As for Shred - it has better puncture than the standard puncture mod, so you can treat it as the "real" puncture and take fire rate as a bonus

Lethal torrent - depending on its maximum Multishot percentage, it can almost ensure you get 3 bullets each shot on your pistol, as core multishot ends at 2.2 bullets per shot.

It's less fire rate, but allows you to shoot through enemies for (up to) 2 more points.

It DOES stack with the other mods, AND gives both (120% of both). Extra defense is always nice, especially with the current "difficulty" this game has (aka, more stats = harder)

More fire rate on all pistols increases the DPS, and the multishot stacks with the other one, for what, 170%? 180%? (will always fire an extra shot, high chance to fire a third)

see above

Eh, the tileset is good, but oddly implemented (I dislike that an event will unlock it, but eh), and the badge is also meh.

I thought Vigor would stacc with Health and Shield? If this is not the case... I will be seriousely sad.

It should.

They were NOT announced at the beginning. Pretty big fail.

I agree, it was probably because of the amount of people saying the event sucked.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Haha, haha, whaaaaaaaaaat?

I thought Vigor would stacc with Health and Shield? If this is not the case... I will be seriousely sad.

all mods applied to a frame add on top of each other. so yes you can get 560% health and shields if you have both maxed :D but it is still based off the base 75,100, or 150 health/shields. D:

OP lost all credibility with his/her first point.

The event is pretty good.  There are some flaws but it isn't bad.  The game is in beta and they have stated they are trying out different ways of running events, they want to see what works and what doesn't, so not everything should be expected to be great at this point. 

I think DE were a little confused over the event, the new bugs added and the shoddy invite system for teams were just the icing on the cake.

I think thier hearts are in the right place, though the guy behind the mitre needs his butt kicked (it seriously sucks).