Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About mission "Roofs" on outdoors levels

Aenris

Today i was playing Zephyr on the Corpus Outpost defense map (the one that it's really big and doubles as interception map, with an lower floor and upper level) And most of the time when i wanted to go from the lower level to the upper floor with Tail Wind, i will fly past it, hit an invisible barrier and respawn back again in the lower level.

Isn't there any other way to work around this? i get that there must be a vertical limit to the map, so it doesn't glitch (like it used to happen before), but respawning isn't very fun, specially when i lose all my buffs every time i forget there's a "teleport roof"

I know i should try to be aware of it and avoid using Zephyr's 1st ability to jump upwards (or build her so she doesn't flies to the moon everytime) but can't we have something like an invisible, solid barrier that doesn't make us teleport? Like a wall: i'll hit it and that's it. Not only in this map, but in every outdoor map.

It'll be a nice QoL change, at least for Zephyr (not sure if other frames might benefit from it)

Thanks.

Edited by Arandabido

Each tileset has certain area zone limits before it considered out of bounds, this is to limit the amount of data that needs to be loaded in an out when we enter an exit the mission. What your wanting is to expand this size in missions that dont really need size expansion. 
The open world map like plains has large size an took them awhile to get every so often to not have bugs with ppl ending up under the map as it does still happen just not as much as it used to.
So till DE has gotten larger maps more stable they might think about expanding the tileset maps skyboxes

If there's a wall someone will find a way to glitch past it and it will cause a myriad of issues the devs probably don't want to see. The good news is that you have 3 other spells to chose from. All in all it's what people asked for and the devs delivered, you can't really complain when you get what you want.

On this note, can DE please have a look at the whole forced "out of bounds" respawn mechanics as there are several annoying things tied into it:

* Room bounds are not always obvious even for people familiar with the tileset. Some places are open for you to explore way out of the visible map limits(climbable tall deadend room of the grineer ceres tileset is a good example), others will trigger out of bounds even though nothing there looks like a tile boundary or an endless pit(for instance, small pits on the the corpus ship tileset, which clearly have a floor and aren't even that deep to begin with). And I'm not even mentioning numerous places which feel like room boundary wasn't properly adjusted as you can get respawned simply by jumping into some machinery on grineer tilesets. Now it might not be as bad, if not for my second point.

* Many buffs, effects and chanelled spells are disabled after respawn. Losing a full stack of Inaros' scarab armour, Titania's Tributes or Gara's Splinter Storm after accidentally falling into an endles spit(or worse, being thrown there by an enemy CC or a pushing attack) can be crippling on higher level missions. Yes, that can be avoided but frankly, there's no reason to have this dispel effect in the game; it doesn't even look like a deliberate design choice, more like a side effect of a forced respawn.

* Operator is often force-respawned if you are void dashing over(but clearly not into) endless pits or other force respawn areas. I suspect this mechanic is there to prevent people from getting to map areas they are not supposed to access but the way it is implemented is very sloppy. Try dashing over a chasm area on the Corpus outpost tileset or even over a PoE lake. You can easily cover the distance but you will be force respawned regardless of where you land, or even mid-dash. Which brings us to the last point.

* Operator respawn point is tracked separately from warframe. Meaning if you are force respawned as an operator, you will be spawned at the location your operator, not warframe, was on the safe grounds. Which means if you started a dash in the air, force respawned as an operator and haven't dashed for some time before that, you might get yourself spawned half a map away from where you are because that was where your operator was standing on the ground last time before the failed dash. This is a huge annoyance when it happend and is actually exploitable as that way you can instantly teleport across the map to a pre-selected location, escape locked rooms etc.