The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't want scaling rewards

Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, fluffysnowcap said:

@DatDarkOneHow do you feel about void fissure survival? as that's the kind of scaling rewards i have been arguing for.

You could make the same argument against the scaling rewards in fissure missions. I'm not saying that scaling rewards are necessarily bad, but that there are reasonable arguments against scaling rewards. This was in response to someone who said that he couldn't think of any reason why anyone wouldn't want scaling rewards. There are some downsides.

Fissure scaling mostly affects individual progress rather than tradable items, though it does affect trading by giving radiant relics after 50 minutes. So, I think the market-based argument has less force when applied to fissure scaling. Fissures are also not always available, so there is an additional restriction compared to endless missions that are always available.

If I were to guess, I would say that DE wants rolled riven prices to decrease, because they just doubled the amount of Kuva we can farm per hour (without taxis), by giving us a kuva source to farm while siphons are on cooldown. So, they may be waiting to see how much of an effect this Kuva inflation has on the riven economy. If prices don't decrease to the levels they want to see, they may add scaling rewards later. It could be another policy lever that they are keeping in their back pocket.

48 minutes ago, dudefaceguy said:

You could make the same argument against the scaling rewards in fissure missions. I'm not saying that scaling rewards are necessarily bad, but that there are reasonable arguments against scaling rewards. This was in response to someone who said that he couldn't think of any reason why anyone wouldn't want scaling rewards. There are some downsides.

Fissure scaling mostly affects individual progress rather than tradable items, though it does affect trading by giving radiant relics after 50 minutes. So, I think the market-based argument has less force when applied to fissure scaling. Fissures are also not always available, so there is an additional restriction compared to endless missions that are always available.

If I were to guess, I would say that DE wants rolled riven prices to decrease, because they just doubled the amount of Kuva we can farm per hour (without taxis), by giving us a kuva source to farm while siphons are on cooldown. So, they may be waiting to see how much of an effect this Kuva inflation has on the riven economy. If prices don't decrease to the levels they want to see, they may add scaling rewards later. It could be another policy lever that they are keeping in their back pocket.

Survival update 10 mostly unchanged, Defence update 7 mostly unchanged, I think there overdue a updated. The fissure system is a easy way for DE to revitalise Endless mods.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, Wildcardgsx said:

Personally I cannot relate since from the time that I started getting serious about this game wanting to push my self to see what I could do and find out exactly where my frame, weapons and builds would break down and I could never find a group wanting to more then 40minute-120minute runs.

I just noticed this post.  I have to ask why do you need a group to do any of that?  Not trying to be an a-hole, but I really want to know why you feel that you need to be in a group to challenge yourself.  

I mean that whenever I want to challenge myself I'll just solo.  This way I can see exactly what I can do while also not inconveniencing anyone else or having them for help.    

Edited by DatDarkOne