Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't want scaling rewards

Hypernaut1

I don't want to be forced to stay more than 20 minutes in one mission in the name of efficiency. If people truly wanted to play for 40 minutes they can, it's not like you don't get rewarded. 

I think what people are really asking for is challenge and increased rewards. What I would prefer are survival missions that start off at wave 20 intensity with increased rewards. 

You are not being "forced," you can go play Siphons and Floods. And while you don't enjoy extended Survivals, they are pretty much the only reason I play Warframe regularly. Kuva Survival is not a replacement, it is supposed to be an alternative.

Nothing, and I mean nothing in this game rewards players who enjoy endurance missions, is it really too much to ask for something this one time?

Edit: Just imagine the circumstances were flipped. Kuva Survival had been the only way to get Kuva and DE just now added Siphons. However, extended Kuva Survival was still by far the faster way to farm Kuva. Would you not want DE to balance out the Kuva drops?

Edited by DrBorris

And this here is the problem DE is running into. Everyone wants something different, and when DE doesn't please everyone people get salty.

Personally I also don't want scaling rewards because I hate endless missions, but I can see why some people want them. That's why I have no idea what the, "best" solution is. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

And this here is the problem DE is running into. Everyone wants something different, and when DE doesn't please everyone people get salty.

Personally I also don't want scaling rewards because I hate endless missions, but I can see why some people want them. That's why I have no idea what the, "best" solution is. 

The "best" solution is easy, player choice. Allow those that don't like extended runs and those who like fast objective missions be rewarded similarly for their time and effort. Right now Kuva Survival is a false choice when you want to farm Kuva because it is blatantly inferior.

No one really is forcing you to stay in the Kuva Survival, it’s an alternative from the Kuva Siphon missions. Kuva survival needs to have scaling rewards otherwise it will be an extremely redundant mission since you can get a lot more kuva from the Kuva Siphon missions in a shorter amount of time. 

1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

The "best" solution is easy, player choice. Allow those that don't like extended runs and those who like fast objective missions be rewarded similarly for their time and effort. Right now Kuva Survival is a false choice when you want to farm Kuva because it is blatantly inferior.

So much this, at the end of the day DE just need to give players the avenues and resources to engage (for what ever reason) in the pure RNG that we've been condemned to lol.

You dont want to get more than the base amount you would normally get when you progress? You dont want to get 200-250-300-350-400 instead of 200-200-200-200-200 for the same effort? Nobody is forcing you to stay longer. But it needs to be rewarded better if you do. We are talking about rewards increasing, not generally decreasing. Why do people's logic fail so hard...

3 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I'll be honest, it feels like you completely missed the part where OP asked for missions that start harder and are more rewarding, rather than hiding both of those things behind twenty or more minutes of nothing like how it seems most people want it.

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

No one really is forcing you to stay in the Kuva Survival, it’s an alternative from the Kuva Siphon missions. Kuva survival needs to have scaling rewards otherwise it will be an extremely redundant mission since you can get a lot more kuva from the Kuva Siphon missions in a shorter amount of time. 

I would prefer increased rewards with survival STARTING at wave 20 difficulty. 

I think people are really just asking for more rewards and increased challenge. Needing to spam a mission for 40 minutes to experience a challenge and adequate rewards is not healthy for game. 

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't want to be forced to stay more than 20 minutes in one mission in the name of efficiency.

And i don't want to be forced to mindlessly grind siphons in the name of sanity.

Scaling rewards instead of outright giving you level 100 enemies off the bat has the potential to let weaker players play as long as they can and at the same time let strong players strive for harder and more. What you're asking for is pretty much just a kuva flood.

What harm is it to you if the rewards get better the longer you stay, you'd still get the same rewards at 20 mins, maybe even slightly higher, than you do now... not that I'm saying the base rewards couldn't do with a buff (as we know this is really about kuva survival)

Your real issue is the lack of a way to leave an 'endless' (outside of defence) mission without at least 1 other person triggering the event countdown for ALL people or leaving via abort and losing all our rewards, this can 'force' a player to stay longer than intended or have to leave earlier than they want or need to. 

7 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Could one of those options be: "Log for Kuva" ?

That way I can log 300 times a day for 300 Kuva 

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think people are really just asking for more rewards and increased challenge. Needing to spam a mission for 40 minutes to experience a challenge and adequate rewards is not healthy for game. 

Is it? It may not be fun to you but I actually enjoy the endurance aspect of endurance runs.

7 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Is it? It may not be fun to you but I actually enjoy the endurance aspect of endurance runs.

No one is taking that from you. I like playing to 40 sometimes too, I just don't want to be forced to. 

When I play 40 minutes, it's because I'm enjoying it, not because I'm pushing myself to farm

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

No one is taking that from you. I like playing to 40 sometimes too, I just don't want to be forced to. 

But... um... I thought I already went over this. If you don't want to play endless the solution is simple, don't play endless. No one is asking for Kuva Survival to be the end-all-be-all of Kuva farming, Siphons still exist for those that don't want to run endurance.

This is like me saying I just don't want to be forced to play Siphon missions (given the rewards are similar). If I don't want to play Siphons I can just play Survival (except that right now I am rewarded less for survivals).

You are, in a sense, taking endurance Kuva Survival from me.

Here is the problem for DE. If they make Kuva Survival not have scaling rewards but then give equivalent Kuva to SIphons, then they are basically making Kuva survival fill the niche of quick missions as well as the niche of endurance. Kuva Survival would become the end-all-be-all of farming because it has what everyone wants. This is why scaling rewards are necessary to maintain balance. By making "quick" Kuva Survival missions not as rewarding as Siphons, but then having endurance runs give similar Kuva per minute as spamming Siphons, then Kuva Survival is filling a separate niche from Siphons.

And here we encounter another aspect of the forums. there are already a few topics devoted to endless kuva but you started yet another when you could have easily added your opnion to one of the others?

whilst you may not enjoy or want scaling endless, others do and have been calling for it for quite a while.

16 minutes ago, PSeeBee said:

And here we encounter another aspect of the forums. there are already a few topics devoted to endless kuva but you started yet another when you could have easily added your opnion to one of the others?

whilst you may not enjoy or want scaling endless, others do and have been calling for it for quite a while.

I just think that 20 minute missions should be the best reward and scale difficulty/rewards accordingly to that. Giving any great advantage to players staying past that is not good for the game IMO. Then you'll have those players that are willing to spam a mission for 60+ at a great advantage over  those that have reasonable play expectations.  I think fissure missions do it right where there is a bit of scaling, but it doesn't provide a huge advantage. No one really cares if you leave a fissure at 20.

So. Maybe yes, add something extra to starting past 20, but not to the point where people are yelling at you to stay because it's the absolute best most efficient thing to do, and not to the point where players that obsess over these things feel they need to stay to make it worth their time. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Synpai said:

@DrBorris @Hypernaut1

I mean...(instead of getting rid of it all-together) Middle ground would be adding a "Flood" variant to the survival mission. I don't think you two are necessarily disagreeing about what we need.

I could agree to this.  While I don't really use kuva much, the increased starting level of enemies i would just love.  

3 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

Uhhh. Which is now better to farm? Siphons or Survival? My loadout can't handle Survival for longer then 15 minutes (Nova). 

Siphons? 

IMO, I prefer floods and endless, and skip regular siphon missions. Overall, I'm getting more Kuva per play session than I've gotten before. 

Edited by Hypernaut1