Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

During Major Events that introduce new gameplay mechanics, please give us an optional tutorial.

(PSN)Silverback73

Choice is one of Warframe’s strengths.

Some like to figure things out, but there is a difference between skill and not knowing what to do.

”What do I do?”

For many of us, not knowing what to do can result in game-breaking immersion and frustration.

So give us a choice to stay immersed by having a guide (Lotus, Ordis, Teshin...anyone appropriate) when a new gameplay mechanic appears.  Sometimes it just involves more specific guidance.

Examples:

Exalted Blade Stalker

Lua Security Eye

Golden Maw

Grineer Queen Staffdash-n-grab

FIN

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Choice is one of Warframe’s strengths.

Some like to figure things out, but there is a difference between skill and not knowing what to do.

”What do I do?”

For many of us, not knowing what to do can result in game-breaking immersion and frustration.

So give us a choice to stay immersed by having a guide (Lotus, Ordis, Teshin...anyone appropriate) when a new gameplay mechanic appears.  Sometimes it just involves more specific guidance.

Examples:

Exalted Blade Stalker

Lua Security Eye

Golden Maw

Grineer Queen Staffdash-n-grab

FIN

Are u saying these are examples of good guidance or examples where a tutorial is needed

Ok for starters half of these don't even need a tutorial, they either self explanatory, or challenges. Like the Lua Security Eye, that one u are actually given tips on how to beat it, same for the maw, if u can't figure out how to beat it with the tips given look it up. For Stalker, just walk in angles. The last one literally tells u how to beat them. Honestly from the looks of it u aren't paying attention to the lines spoken during the quest. Beside tutorials really aren't needed for most of these since they are quest only, and the ones that are also outside of the quest, they give good enough instruction on how to beat them.

2 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Ok for starters half of these don't even need a tutorial, they either self explanatory, or challenges. Like the Lua Security Eye, that one u are actually given tips on how to beat it, same for the maw, if u can't figure out how to beat it with the tips given look it up. For Stalker, just walk in angles. The last one literally tells u how to beat them. Honestly from the looks of it u aren't paying attention to the lines spoken during the quest. Beside tutorials really aren't needed for most of these since they are quest only, and the ones that are also outside of the quest, they give good enough instruction on how to beat them.

Yes, I expected a response like this.

I was paying attention, trust me.  And if people want to question/judge how mentally sharp I am or that I need to be spoon-fed, have at it.  

But you telling me to stop the space-time continuum, jump out of immersion, and go ask Progenitor Cephalon Google...it proves my point.

Just one Tenno’s honest experience with feedback.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Yes, I expected a response like this.

I was paying attention, trust me.  And if people want to question/judge how mentally sharp I am or that I need to be spoon-fed, have at it.  

But you telling me to stop the space-time continuum, jump out of immersion, and go ask Progenitor Cephalon Google...it proves my point.

Just one Tenno’s honest experience with feedback.

Look man I agree that warframe needs more tutorials, but for the things u listed they already explain how to do them in game, sure it would help that u can get these instruction in the codex, but they aren't need for the reasons i stated above

10 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Look man I agree that warframe needs more tutorials, but for the things u listed they already explain how to do them in game, sure it would help that u can get these instruction in the codex, but they aren't need for the reasons i stated above

If DE were more specific, it would do wonders.

”Get past the Stalker”

What my brain interpreted:

”Use the angles to outmaneuver his Exalted Waves like Frogger.”

After some minutes of getting banged about, I was thoroughly frustrated.  

Again, I am not the only one.

A more specific instruction like: 

“You can use your new power to stop his waves!” 

THIS ^ would have made a huge difference in the experience for me.

A subtle, little thing that means the difference between immersion-breaker and great game design.

FIN

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

A more specific instruction like: 

“You can use your new power to stop his waves!” 

Then why not asking for better instruction or pointers during quests, because once again a tutorial is not needed. Besides this will probably only apply to future quest since the voice lines are already in the game

2 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

Then why not asking for better instruction or pointers during quests, because once again a tutorial is not needed. Besides this will probably only apply to future quest since the voice lines are already in the game

Perhaps tutorial is a bit of a misnomer then? Because that is precisely what I am asking for.

If my communication was poor in that regard, apologies.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73