Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Achievements not unlocked retroactively

Don-El-Sharabi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This will likely never be fixed.  I too have steam achievements that are not unlocked (kill enemy 100m+ on PoE, complete Saya's Vigil) despite me performing those tasks again, it didn't unlock.  It seems that once they're checked in your warframe profile, warframe never sends the unlock to steam again.  It's a one shot deal, if for whatever reason you had network issues or steam didn't listen when warframe tried to unlock it, it's done.  You'll never 100%.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, still an issue going into 2022!
I'm facing same troubles for several Steam achievements earned in-game as early as 2014 or beta times going onward til now. I've done all the troubleshooting for steam, client and accounts/settings you can think of and re-done the challenges followed by further troubleshooting to no avail.
I would have thought this kind of bug/issue would have gotten more attention and long been resolved some time into them branching out onto the consoles. Plus, now with them actually actively working on implementing true cross-play feature...think about how much worse this issue is going to be. I severely doubt this issue wouldn't be more prominent moving forwards after people are playing their steam and other system accounts on another platform. Just going to intensify this problem exponentially - makes me scared to even bother with the feature to be perfectly honest.
DE, Please look into this issue again? (Assuming they have if they've replied to support tickets.)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Still not fixed in October 2022 :). I am glad I don't care about Steam or achievements in general but it's funny to have later mastery ranks as achievements while a bunch of them in-between are missing.

Getting new achievements doesn't trigger the old ones, as most people have already confirmed. 

• Like 2

im not sure if its still in action, but historically when a major updated dropped launching day of would trigger achivements. im not sure if this one was one of or not as i have been at 100% for warframe for a few years now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

07.05.2023 still not fixed.

Getting something in game somehow worked for some achievements, but only for a few.

208/211 "challenges" in game
19 of 193 achievements in steam

Screenshot:

Spoiler

S5ocB3X.png

I've got almost all of these achievements before even trying to play WF with steam.

To this day, I still don't have the Steam achievement for catching fish in the Plains of Eidolon. 

I can assure you that I have, in fact, caught fish in the Plains of Eidolon - many times.  Yet, even getting LR1, and then LR2 has not yet fixed it.  Given that I'm close to LR3, we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the other hand, with like 6k hours on the game at this point, I'm not as attached to achievements for it, so it's more amusing than annoying.

On 2023-05-08 at 1:15 AM, rhoenix said:

To this day, I still don't have the Steam achievement for catching fish in the Plains of Eidolon. 

I can assure you that I have, in fact, caught fish in the Plains of Eidolon - many times.  Yet, even getting LR1, and then LR2 has not yet fixed it.  Given that I'm close to LR3, we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the other hand, with like 6k hours on the game at this point, I'm not as attached to achievements for it, so it's more amusing than annoying.

I've got LR1 few days ago and it didn't fix any single achievement.

Also: "like 6k hours on the game" - based on in-game stats or steam stats?
(in-game "time played" counts only mission time, and real time spent in game is probably a double of it)

Edited by RadYogh

8 hours ago, RadYogh said:

I've got LR1 few days ago and it didn't fix any single achievement.

Also: "like 6k hours on the game" - based on in-game stats or steam stats?
(in-game "time played" counts only mission time, and real time spent in game is probably a double of it)

6k+ is via Steam stats; in-game is about 4k.

• Like 1