Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every Time More Gamers Become Tenno's

Syunichi

Hy all,

I love this game and the community of Warframe. But a lot of my friends doen't like this game for 3 reasons.

1st reasons : the game haven't a PvP mod.

2sd reasons : the game have't a real history

3rd reasons : they found that the game is to repetitive and the maps too.

PS : I'm sorry but i doesn't have a good english. Sorry for all mistakes. :-p

Cordially the_cat29,

#1: What? I'll skip that

#2 Don't get it as well, but I think you mean that either the game as no story (which is true) or that the game is not a sequel to something else (in that case they are horrible at choosing games).

#3: That I do get. The community agrees that the game get repetitive eventually and we all want change. However, since DE is not as big as companies like Valve or EA (but can't be sure on the exact number), and this is their first successful game that they made for themselves (not a game developed from another company), it' natrual for this to happen and we al want this game to be good and not fail.

My answers to your friends.

1st Reason - the reason why there is no PvP mode yet is because the devs want PvE to be very polished, hence improving it is their focus.

2nd Reason - history/lore is ongoing tho very unclear now, I know they will reveal it bit by bit on every update.

3rd Reason - Yes, very repetitive for now. More and more tilesets will surely be released in the future. 

Just take it easy. If you guys don't like it now, come back later when all things are finished.

1st: It's not a pvp game. Why would there be a pvp mode? And even then you can still beat the S#&$ out of each other if youre in a clan

2nd: This is being worked on and expanded all the time

3rd: This is also being expanded but as it stands there are 5 (soon to be 6) entire tile sets with a level randomization feature so this has never been a problem for me especially back when I was starting out

Hy all,

I love this game and the community of Warframe. But a lot of my friends doen't like this game for 3 reasons.

1st reasons : the game haven't a PvP mod.

2sd reasons : the game have't a real history

3rd reasons : they found that the game is to repetitive and the maps too.

PS : I'm sorry but i doesn't have a good english. Sorry for all mistakes. :-p

Cordially the_cat29,

your friends are COD derps surely

Been in beta for almost 8 months - still haven't received any content and DE has only recently started working on story missions.  "beta" is terrible excuse especially bc content should be built in alpha and bug tested in beta unfortunately those days seem to have disappeared in the world of software, well VG software anyways.  

Maybe we'll get content maybe we won't.  So far, DE seems to have massive trouble getting the basics correct (A.I., clipping, armorscaling/combat system) and only pushes out vapid bits of content like new weapons and the occasional new enemy unit or two with crappy AI.  Honestly worried about the games future :(

I just have to say something about Mass Effect and ME2.

As much lore goes into it, the first was the best in terms of character customization and gameplay imo.

I went into ME2 expecting as much as I got from ME1 and I was sorely disappointed, to the point of saying 'what lore?'

I thought the RNG for better gear in ME1 was a pain when I started.

Now I know I will never touch ME2 again unless I just wish to play a shooter with very small RPG elements.

Edited by Destro6677

Clan Dojo has PvP but the room is tiny and has no cover or any walls to run and jump from.

Game has a whole lore section, click on your profile ingame and click lore.

The games tilesets are being improved and added with each update.

This game is updated with content at an crazy rate compaired to others I play. Events every weekend and a major patch every month.

I call shenanigans on this entire thread.  Since when is Pee versus Pee not repetitive?  It's just a different kind of grinding with no XP gain & alot more screaming over Teamspeak.

PVP is never repetitive because you're competing against other humans who don't have predictable ai. That's the entire point.

That said, this is a PVE game. Complaining about there being a lack of PVP is a bit silly.

COD derps wouldn't care about history/lore :P

TWO high-fives. 

anyways, PvP is not really in the cards. the playerbase is cordially against it, for good reason. PvP kills PvE. or visa versa. having both be fun, is impossible. the only way to balance PvP in Warframe would be to remove guns, remove melee, remove frames, remove powers, and remove pets. then add some extremely limited stale content that everyone uses. congrats, you just made a generic boring PvP game! or every PvP game, to be honest. and players in PvP will always wish they had that cool PvE content that is crazy OP in PvP, and PvE players will sometimes (once in a blue moon) wish they had PvP.

as for Story, Digital Extremes is building it as we go. we're slowly getting more story, and well, it isn't done. you shouldn't expect it to be, getting people to play the game and stay with it, requires more than just a story. the gameplay must come first, the story is everything else, but still generally pretty important. the gameplay is the cake, the story is the icing, sprinkles, toppings, decorations, and candles. 

if you're talking about the game not having much history to it, it was confirmed that Dark Sector is precursor events to what we see in Warframe.

the tiles are being expanded all the time. after this current event ends(if successful ofc), the Grineer will have a large expansion to their tilesets. 

other factions have had additions from time to time as well. 

Warframe does have some repetativeness to it, but then again, every game must. you can't have 100% new content every time you play a game, the game would need to be upwards of a Terabyte for even the average 15hr Campaign of retail games. 

and i know for certain the other games your friends play are also repetative. because all games are. making it feel more varied is a challenge, and the gamemodes, enemy types, etc - are being improved over time.

what your friends are doing unfortunately, is comparing a game that is unfinished, to games that are. 

we're comparing a pile of car parts to a finished car. what if those car parts are in mint condition and the finished car has a rusting out frame? since the car parts aren't finished into a full car, we don't know if it's 'better' yet. 

though IMO Warframe was better than the last 30 or 40 games i saw even when it was first shown to the public and when it had 5 billion bugs and issues. 

Yes and we'd never get anything done ever.

You fall through the floor?

OPEN BETA DEAL WITH IT!

Not at all what was meant by my statement, or the one that I quoted.

A good portion of the complaining that goes on in the forums is just rehashing things that DE is already fully aware of or has already mentioned that they are trying to handle:

No PvP?  That's intentional.

Not a lot of story?  The game is brand new, it's being written as we speak.  Hell, it was only a few weeks ago that Hayden Tenno was confirmed as part of the lore.

Repetative?  Part of the game design as well as the game being brand new and not having had the time to make more content yet.

Bugs?  Those are being worked on, 20 posts about how Tenno fall through the floor doesn't make the fix any easier to code in.

Drop tables need reworking?  It's being done, 20 posts about how fusion cores aren't dropping isn't giving further insight as to WHY they aren't dropping or how to fix it.  It's a coding issue, not a "just let one mob explode into a pinata of mods, fusion cores, dojo mats, rare mats, uncommon mats, normal mats, ammo, health, energy, and affinity!!!" solution.

THIS FRAME IS OP!  It's probably not, but regardless, tweaking happens at all stages of ever game ever made ever.

THIS MOD IS OP!  It's probably not, but regardless, tweaking happens at all stages of ever game ever made ever.

THIS GUN IS OP!  Maybe, but regardless, tweaking happens at all stages of ever game ever made ever.

THESE EVENTS ARE CRAP!  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93851-screenshot-most-glitched-up-game-ever/#entry1051000 .  Events are purely because the community demands content at a faster pace than DE is able to produce.

TL;DR - Yes, giving feedback on the forums is good, complaining about things that you know the devs already know about is another.  This applies to everything, not just DE.

anyways, PvP is not really in the cards. the playerbase is cordially against it, for good reason. PvP kills PvE. or visa versa. having both be fun, is impossible. the only way to balance PvP in Warframe would be to remove guns, remove melee, remove frames, remove powers, and remove pets. then add some extremely limited stale content that everyone uses. congrats, you just made a generic boring PvP game! or every PvP game, to be honest. and players in PvP will always wish they had that cool PvE content that is crazy OP in PvP, and PvE players will sometimes (once in a blue moon) wish they had PvP.

This is pretty much the sad truth. It's very, very hard to make a game completely balanced in both PvP AND PvE at the same time. I think Dark Souls is probably the closest anyone's ever gotten, and even that has quite a large amount of bullS#&$ possible (via pyromancies and miracles, though there are ways to eliminate that... then The Legend shows up and gets knocked off a cliff by a lowbie with a big bow (and there was much lolsing))... but that's mostly because the game was basically built within a PvP system.

Basically, to have both, you need to have two completely different sets of rules. Vindictus tried to do this, and actually did it well enough to at least cause PvP to be fun (though still rather bullS#&$-prone). Of course, you do still have to deal with staffies and xguns basically having near-permenant iframes due to the tweaks to dodges to balance them for Fiona (and Staff, ironically)... And you do have Scythies having the highest stamina drain in the game running around with less stamina than everyone else even when she dedicates a majority of her gears towards stamina....

PvP will only really be added at the end of this game's content-adding cycle. And it'll be very rough, at least at first. Duels are currently all we have, and right now they're pointless. I can oneshot basically any frame before they have time to react AT LEAST 95% of the time (I'd have to run numbers with the new Vigor mod to confirm it's no longer 100%) with a single shot from a hitscan weapon which I've very good with (my Snidal). It's kinda like Vindi's duels, where you either had innate super armor, or you had to go up against a complete idiot (slash someone who has never seen Mercury Trap before, protip lol) to win. Only worse.