Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remake the ''What is and isn't General Discussion'' thread and make it clearer.

DeMonkey

I'm sure many of you will remember the thread that used to sit here as an ''annoucement''...

UKueqpU.png

... That outlined the various things that should and should not be posted in General Discussion. 

For reference, it looked like this.

fe8NxCA.png

Now, don't get me wrong, it was never super helpful at stopping people from posting feedback or questions in General Discussions, but I'm sure it managed to have some impact.

Since it's removal, and certainly lately I've noticed a sharp increase in the number of feedback threads being posted in General Discussion. There's only so many times I can subtlety mock people for their choice to post in General Discussion and point out that it'll never get read there before people get annoyed at me (not that you aren't already).

I hate to say it because the forums seem perfectly clear to me, but apparently it needs to be even clearer. Remaking the aforementioned thread would be a good start, but I'd also like to see it stickied literally to the top of the list of General Discussion as opposed to being in the ''Announcements'' section.

Like so,

ZOCOMHo.png

This way it would be far harder to miss, feedback would go to the appropriate section and moderators would have an easier time given it's clear you have don't have as many moderators as you used to, and a far larger playerbase.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. While you can never stop people from posting in the wrong place (which is what moderators are for, but we lack there), you can improve the clarity on basic rules and regulations of the forums and sub-forums. I feel like it would be quite necessary to increase moderator count to have proper ratios per timezone as well as pin and post topics to direct players better.

There are plenty of players that could be chosen as volunteers to moderate, but I feel like the team is understaffed and are left with high amounts of "I was banned for X in region chat", "When can Excalibur Prime come back", and other useless topics that could be reduced through proper improvement and recruitment of community moderators.

Edited by --Q--Voltage