Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volume sliders don't do anything

Treadlight

After messing with them for a bit, I can only conclude that not only is there no way to preview the slider volume much like there is in every other game, the volume sliders themselves don't actually do anything.  I noticed that my mandachord was really quiet, and various sound effects were just totally overpowering any music playing—mandachord or not—and it even seemed like the mandachord just went nearly silent when in a relay.  I went and turned everything that isn't music way down, and that didn't change a thing.  I have Music, Master, & Ally Mandachord set to max, with no SFX slider above 65%.  Not only is the Master volume slider too quiet at max, none of the sliders had any effect on the game's actual volume in the first place.  I shouldn't need to set master above 50% in any game, what's going on here?

43 minutes ago, Treadlight said:

After messing with them for a bit, I can only conclude that not only is there no way to preview the slider volume much like there is in every other game, the volume sliders themselves don't actually do anything.  I noticed that my mandachord was really quiet, and various sound effects were just totally overpowering any music playing—mandachord or not—and it even seemed like the mandachord just went nearly silent when in a relay.  I went and turned everything that isn't music way down, and that didn't change a thing.  I have Music, Master, & Ally Mandachord set to max, with no SFX slider above 65%.  Not only is the Master volume slider too quiet at max, none of the sliders had any effect on the game's actual volume in the first place.  I shouldn't need to set master above 50% in any game, what's going on here?

The sliders should definitely have an affect on the game's overall volume balance.  For the master slider, you may need to turn up Window's volume control to get it louder.  Also, check to make sure that the Default Audio Device in the Audio Options is set to the correct Windows device for your system.

On 4/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, [DE]George said:

The sliders should definitely have an affect on the game's overall volume balance.  For the master slider, you may need to turn up Window's volume control to get it louder.  Also, check to make sure that the Default Audio Device in the Audio Options is set to the correct Windows device for your system.

Actually, my original plan was to increase the volume of Warframe in the mixer after reducing the SFX, but I didn't even bother since the sliders didn't do anything in the first place.  I'm very much aware of how Windows handles things, I only have one audio output device anyway.  I have none of the "effects" turned on, and the equalizer is totally flat.  I have tried restarting Warframe after changing the sliders, and it didn't really change anything.  The login screen was rather loud, but that's always rather loud.

UPDATE: I don't know if I'm allowed to double post after this amount of time, but I found something strange.  The volume sliders work only in certain areas.  They work fine in the Plains of Eidolon, but they don't do anything in the orbiter, relays, & Orokin derelict.  There's likely a lot more than this, so definitely look into more than just those places.  I'm getting the impression it's a problem with object inheritance; I think something's overriding the settings somewhere.

Edited by Treadlight

• 3 months later...

I'm having this issue with certain sounds and music, especially my octavia's music.  I have tried turning all the sliders except music to 0%, and I still can't hear my own Octavia's music during a mission.  On top of that, I've tried the sound in different output devices: three different sets of speakers, all tried in every audio port that they'd work with.  And I've tried it on two separate headphones - ones that use my mobo sound card, and ones that are usb.

On top of all of that, I also still get overwhelming sounds from the sliders I have set to 0%.  It's like they don't even work, and are only their as placebo effects.

Please check your Windows sound settings to make sure you have everything hooked up correctly.  Also, in Options->Sound check to make sure the audio output device is the correct one for your system.

If trying the above does not work then try this:

1. On the Warframe launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".

2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.

Let us know if either of these two solutions work.  Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

PS4 user and I have to agree a little bit with Master volume.  Normal volume should be at 50%  then we should be able to takes voices or SFX or music up to 100%   People want mandachord volume seperate from game music volume....

I can hear my music in battle or on my ship pretty well(sounds better in ship than it does when I link a song in chat!),  but sometimes I wish I could crank the volume up just a little bit more but that isnt possible because everything is already at max.   Sure I could make my tv louder but that messes up every other game and tv shows I use it for.