Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache and Rare Container chiming noise is too quiet for the hearing impaired

Nasheim

Is there any way the volume of these sounds could be increased or changed to be more noticeable? I, and surely others, have greatly impaired hearing and I flat out can't hear the chiming noise that is supposed to hint at the presence of caches and rare containers unless I stand right next to them, with no other sounds (gunfire, abilities, etc) playing AND have the volume set higher than I normally would.

Is it possible to just switch out the audio file for this particular sound client-side, or is that not doable or otherwise a bannable offense?

Caches can also be located with loot radar which is provided by individual Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct modules or the Loot Detectoraura if equipped by any member of the squad. With loot radar, they will appear on the minimap using the same icon as regular crates.

Quoted from the wikia. I personally have not tried this method, but it's worth a shot :) .

13 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Quoted from the wikia. I personally have not tried this method, but it's worth a shot :) .

AFAIK, that's the only way, the "chime sound" disappears after 3meters form the cache making it as useful as a manhole during a tsunami

Edited by Kyryo

Caches can also be located with loot radar which is provided by individual Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct modules or the Loot Detectoraura if equipped by any member of the squad. With loot radar, they will appear on the minimap using the same icon as regular crates.

This method truly only works with a max ranged melee weapon and a eye glued to the mini-map, and i say this because you'll be smashing the "E" key to break everything around you and looking for the loot-able icons that remain because they obviously don't break. Or you can rely on mods such as, Looter and Scavenge (unreliably) imo.

Edited by Errodin

it would be good if they could give the crates sounds a more directional sense to them. I find it hard at times to rely entirely on the sound to isolate the containers in dark areas of maps or in open world areas, especially in open world bounties to locate caches. On cetus at times I cannot hear them at all and can barely see them in the landscape. Even with the mods on it is not always a simple task to find the mark, although I suppose that is part of the point. 

Agreed, I think they should add a mild visual clue when you approach the container perhaps akin to the stalker/assassin flicker. With rare containers I understand that they want them to be hard to find, but being forced to mute any podcasts or streams I might be listening to whenever I get the cache bounty is very annoying.

They are hard to hear even without hearing impairment. I only rely on my radar.

You don't need to nuke/break every crate in range. The first few runs might be a tough, but rare containers / ayatan sculptures / cephalon fragments / somachord fragments share the same spawning spots.

Caches have their own spawning spots, which some times are really close to the spawning spots of those above, but not the same.

The first few runs might be annoying/tough, but after some practice, you'll just be checking a mental list of spawn locations.

This comes from someone who:
- likes sabotage cache hunting
- finds ~100 sculptures a month
- finds 1 rare container almost every day (my PB is 4)
- runs almost every mission with scanner in hand