Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wonky hit detection on the Hemocyst?

NovusKnight

Hello,

I'm having a very hard time dealing damage to the Hemocyst... and no, it's not a problem with armor or damage caps.

instead, almost every shot I fire is NOT registered. when I hit something that happens to be in an invulnerable phase, I get a 0. however, when it comes to the Hemocyte, it seems instead to not even acknowledge it has been shot. if I zoom in enough, I see particle effects where the bullet connected, but no damage - not even a zero - pops up.

its infuriating.

I first noticed this with Titania, with the Dex Pixia simply failing to damage it. and I thought, "Odd, maybe it's just not meant to be shot at from above".

so I switched to Oberon. like before, 90% of my shots simply do not ever reach their mark. regardless of distance, or how spot on I'm aiming at the inner throat of the Corpus head.

I tried direct weapons like rifles, I tried launchers, explosives, Torid, Pox, staticor, beams, the same result: almost no damage is actualy received - not resisted, but received altogether.

am I doing something wrong? what the hell.

While I'm not saying there aren't issues with the hit boxes within the areas that you need to attack (thanks to the rework we got this time) it has specific places you need to hit, basically they're the bits that open up, anything other than that won't do any damage and that's on top of the invulnerable stages. 

It also includes a damage cap to go with resistance status effects and resistance to most if not all abilities just to draw out the battle...

Edited by LSG501

I noticed this issue in Laggy Squads. I was in a laggy squad with a Mag Prime, Nova Prime, and Zephyr (I was using Valkyr). I was sniping him with the Vectis (Normal one since this Account is newer) and i was doing no damage. After a host Migration, the mission went like Normal. It’s not as. Bad as the Eidolons though because i still remember when the Eidolons would take 0 damage unless you shoot at a specific area of the Eidolon. That issue didn’t just affect the Teralyst, but the other two (Hydrolyst and Gantulyst) but not sure if DE fixed that already.