Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is this RNG...

BtheLee

If i run intact relics, i'm literally getting rare drops every other run; but radiants, i don't think i've ever gotten a rare from a radiant relic. I feel like there should be a better chance of getting a rare with a radiant relic, I've seen some people saying it's better to run 2 Flawless, or 4 Exceptional over running 1 Radiant. If that really is the case, and we're still spending 100 traces on Radiants just instead of running 4 Exceptionals why would anyone ever do Radiants. I think Radiants should have higher drop chances instead of the 10% a lot of people seem to be quoting.

10 minutes ago, BtheLee said:

I've seen some people saying it's better to run 2 Flawless, or 4 Exceptional over running 1 Radiant. If that really is the case, and we're still spending 100 traces on Radiants just instead of running 4 Exceptionals why would anyone ever do Radiants.

This is going to break your mind, but you do realize that you can run 4 Radiants, and running 4 radiants is the best option, right?

An all-exceptional team has a chance of 15% to drop one rare reward. An all-radiant team has a chance of 34%.

I don't know. If you ask "why would anyone ever do Radiants", my answer is basically "because basic mathematics".

If you want to have the numbers, instead of relying on what "people say", please have a look here.

The 3 Loki Prime Systems I got in a roll from my relic in radshares and the 3 Ember Prime bp I got in roll in another radshare state that radiant is ok/better.

Edited by Guest

If I run 10 intact relics solo, i'll probably get like 1 rare part

Couple of months ago, I was farming Galatine bp RAD solo... I burned through at least 15 of those. That's like at least 1500 traces down the drain

And I can get rare parts passively by farming traces with intact relics...

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

This is going to break your mind, but you do realize that you can run 4 Radiants, and running 4 radiants is the best option, right?

An all-exceptional team has a chance of 15% to drop one rare reward. An all-radiant team has a chance of 34%.

I don't know. If you ask "why would anyone ever do Radiants", my answer is basically "because basic mathematics".

If you want to have the numbers, instead of relying on what "people say", please have a look here.

Right but my point being, and the point you might have missed probably because i didn't connect the points well enough, is yes you can do rad runs, but if you do 4 exceptional runs or 2 flawless runs the team would have a higher chance than 34%.

EDIT: and after reading the page it seems what i've heard is correct. Now you're right I'm not a statistician, but from what i vaguely recall we can add these percentages up since they're not related and they're not happening at the same time, so that would mean that if each person in a group runs 2 Flawless relics there may be a chance that each person gets a 12% chance to get a rare. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by BtheLee

11 minutes ago, BtheLee said:

Right but my point being, and the point you might have missed probably because i didn't connect the points well enough, is yes you can do rad runs, but if you do 4 exceptional runs or 2 flawless runs the team would have a higher chance than 34%.

Chances of doing 4 exceptional runs and get a Rare reward: 48%

Chances of doing 2 flawless runs and get a Rare reward: 40%

Chances of doing 1 radiant run and get a Rare reward: 35%

(Calculations performed with very approximative rounding).

However, there is something you have mentioned at all. Relic amount. Of course if I had an infinity of relics for Zephyr Prime's BP I could just run them all exceptional. I could even run them Intact. Infinite attempts with Intact relics give me a 100% chance of dropping the Rare part, which I need.

But I do not have infinite many Zephyr Prime BP relics. I have, like, two. And two Radiant runs give me a chance of 58% of getting the part. Which is, you'll agree, the best.

It boils down to "what you have the most". I have heaps of relics, personally. I can run Intact relics as much as I want, which I usually do to get Ducat fodder and Formas, that will give me all the traces I want. But I have two Zephyr Prime BP relics.

And that's why I bother with Radiants. Because maths and scarcity.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Chances of doing 4 exceptional runs and get a Rare reward: 48%

Chances of doing 2 flawless runs and get a Rare reward: 40%

Chances of doing 1 radiant run and get a Rare reward: 35%

(Calculations performed with very approximative rounding).

However, there is something you have mentioned at all. Relic amount. Of course if I had an infinity of relics for Zephyr Prime's BP I could just run them all exceptional. I could even run them Intact. Infinite attempts with Intact relics give me a 100% chance of dropping the Rare part, which I need.

But I do not have infinite many Zephyr Prime BP relics. I have, like, two. And two Radiant runs give me a chance of 58% of getting the part. Which is, you'll agree, the best.

It boils down to "what you have the most". I have heaps of relics, personally. I can run Intact relics as much as I want, which I usually do to get Ducat fodder and Formas, that will give me all the traces I want. But I have two Zephyr Prime BP relics.

And that's why I bother with Radiants. Because maths and scarcity.

I do appreciate your help, however condescending it may be. I do have quite a bit of relics stockpiled up which is why i wanted some confirmation