The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Fear Early End Screws Players Out Of Rewards

Udoshi

i had enough time to do it, but i dont like to do a thing over and over when i got so much time( "6 days") so i was doing it calmly taking my time, and then they said its finish with more than 3 out of the 6 days left. this really is a major dissapoiment... they should be clear, it felt like a low hit.

And that's precisely the core of the issue.

It doesn't matter if you're a casual gamer, a weekend warrior, or a hardcore farmer, the details were misrepresented to the players.

For example the sling-stone event, the guy that collected the most points there... Collected 6970 points. This event was much less but the same principle stands, he collected more than 2700 points. I mean come on, talk about overkill and denying other people a reward. I mean, to collect that amount of points in about 3 days to begin with must take an enormous amount of time, an amount so large that he could maybe even be considered a 'no-lifer'.

That's why I brought up the point about griefing. If there are limited resources to go around in events, that guy denied a bunch of other players rewards. He basically stole their chance to have some of the cake in the race to be number one.

Thats very poorly thought out.

This is supposed to be a cooperative game, with space ninjas working together to do cool stuff like run mission and build dojos.

And yet, people got shut out of participation through no fault of their own, because other players in other time zones people are greedy and hogging the alert.

If the event ended early,  then the players who took more than they needed and forced it to end early directly screwed the rest of the player pool out of a chance to finish themselves.

So how long until we see organized clans doing this on purpose, intentionally, to wreck the experience of others? That is not fair at all. That's not fair to anyone who plays the game!

Edited by Udoshi

I will translate this thread:  Thank you for the event DE, I just feel bad that for whatever reason I didn't or couldn't participate in a timely fashion.

I am not grateful. DE was already on thin ice with this paying customer, and I want something from them if they want me to continue being one.

It doesn't matter if you're a casual gamer, a weekend warrior, or a hardcore farmer, the details were misrepresented to the players.

The problem was that people assumed it would go to the maximum amount of time before an event fail. I assumed that after the first bar was cleared that I had until Monday until the event was over. This isn't hindsight I was upset on Saturday night because I knew the event would be finished and wouldn't have a full 2 days to clear it as soon as the reward became common knowledge.

Edited by LazyKnight

That's why I brought up the point about griefing. If there are limited resources to go around in events, that guy denied a bunch of other players rewards. He basically stole their chance to have some of the cake in the race to be number one.

Thats very poorly thought out.

This is supposed to be a cooperative game, with space ninjas working together to do cool stuff like run mission and build dojos.

And yet, people got shut out of participation through no fault of their own, because other players in other time zones people are greedy and hogging the alert.

I'm curious though, you and your folks had parts for enough keys to get your 100 points.  Why didnt you use them instead of waiting after the first two bar filled up in under a day each?

Is common sense dead?  The timers have always been the times that we have to complete the event for every single event the game has had.  Otherwise, why would they bother with % complete bar?

Edited by Aggh

You were too slow. Your fault, not DE's. We had 1 week TOPS to finish the event, we did it early.

Close please, no discussion necessary.

Stop being an antagonistic prick. Discussion IS necessary. This is a beta game. A lot of people (myself included) are frustrated with the way to event was handled. In order to improve the satisfaction of players of the game (which is their ultimate goal, right?), feedback about this is needed. Saying 'it's your fault, don't pay attention to this guy' is hugely douchey at best. Warframe is a cooperative game - not a passive aggressive combat game.

I'm curious though, you and your folks had parts for enough keys to get your 100 points.  Why didnt you use them instead of waiting after the first two bar filled up in under a day each?

Im at 76 at the moment. In the time this thread has been running,(about an hour) I could easily have finished up. Except i'm not allowed to, because the alert timer lied to me.

The real question you should be asking is whether I deserve punishment for having obligations aside from warframe - for example, sleep.

Im at 76 at the moment. In the time this thread has been running,(about an hour) I could easily have finished up. Except i'm not allowed to, because the alert timer lied to me.

The real question you should be asking is whether I deserve punishment for having obligations aside from warframe - for example, sleep.

You neglected to answer the question.  You chose to wait while sitting at 76 points.  Why?

The lowdown on this event:

It was cool and a really awesome theory.

However, it was poorly implemented.  Anything where players can screw other players out of rewards is poorly designed and implemented.

Unless you're talking about a PvP game, which Warframe is the furthest thing from, and the community wants it that way.

You were too slow. Your fault, not DE's. We had 1 week TOPS to finish the event, we did it early.

Close please, no discussion necessary.

Except that some of us had work.

I have 4 keys in inventory, my girlfriend has 8 or 9 keys, and neither of us can use them to get her the event rewards that we spent time FARMING the keys and spending the credits to build dictates we should have been given.

Just because people have real lives doesn't mean that players that have already committed money to DE's product but can't spend obsessive amounts of time playing should be prevented from receiving the rewards that they've obviously already put time into acquiring.

I don't belong to a clan; I game with my girlfriend and a couple other friends, and because of that, I wasn't part of a group that was spamming chat with "LFM CV", and now we're being robbed of our opportunity to spend MORE of our time gaining the rewards of this event.

Just because we had 6 days to complete the event, that does not mean that the event would last 6 days.
We were told how many phases there were, we could see how fast we were going through the phases, if someone misinterpreted that, it's their own fault. 

In the case that someone was unable to play for 2 hours over the weekend, then that is unfortunate, but also their own fault.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

Except that some of us had work.

I have 4 keys in inventory, my girlfriend has 8 or 9 keys, and neither of us can use them to get her the event rewards that we spent time FARMING the keys and spending the credits to build dictates we should have been given.

Just because people have real lives doesn't mean that players that have already committed money to DE's product but can't spend obsessive amounts of time playing should be prevented from receiving the rewards that they've obviously already put time into acquiring.

I don't belong to a clan; I game with my girlfriend and a couple other friends, and because of that, I wasn't part of a group that was spamming chat with "LFM CV", and now we're being robbed of our opportunity to spend MORE of our time gaining the rewards of this event.

Again, if you made the time to farm that many keys, how could you have not made an extra 5 minutes per key to use them?  Not being caustic, just curious.

I have to agree. The timer clearly gave the impression that there was more time. I had like 6 keys I was gonna use tonight.  -_-

"Just because we had 6 days to complete the event, that does not mean that the event would last 6 days."  Then why was there a timer at all? Why not just put a percentage complete bar?

Edited by Carcharias

I have to agree. The timer clearly gave the impression that there was more time. I had like 6 keys I was gonna use tonight.  -_-

I'm inclined to disagree for the simple fact that he was 7 keys short.  Thats 35 minutes.  He couldnt have found 35 minutes having seen how fast the bars were filling up when he already had the keys?

Just because we had 6 days to complete the event, that does not mean that the event would last 6 days.

We were told how many phases there were, we could see how fast we were going through the phases, if someone misinterpreted that, it's their own fault. 

In the case that someone was unable to play for 2 hours over the weekend, then that is unfortunate, but also their own fault.

^This so much.  All anyone needed to do was spend a bit of time in the recruitment channel and get into ~25 runs.  DE can't build an event for people that can't even spare a handful of hours over a weekend.

You neglected to answer the question.  You chose to wait while sitting at 76 points.  Why?

He clearly answered the question: not everyone is capable of participating in the event non-stop. Those of us that still have void keys can't use them to receive the rewards that we've already spent a fair amount of time farming the requirements for, and that's a little asinine. Telling us we have to farm something to pursue the event rewards, and then telling us that we're being denied the time to USE those items early is a bad decision. Some of us have commitments like work, household chores, family, sleep, hygiene, and other hobbies.

it's a little offensive to state "here's your event, and you have 6 days to use all of the extraneous entry requirement, which is a time-and-credit-sink to begin with, except that you really don't have 6 days, because we'll cut the event short, and give no consideration to the fact that the real world requires our clientele to focus on OTHER responsibilities."

"Just because we had 6 days to complete the event, that does not mean that the event would last 6 days."  Then why was there a timer at all? Why not just put a percentage complete bar?

Because the timer is how long we had to complete the event.  It was pretty obvious considering how fast each stage was completing.  The previous event was also completed before the timer ran out.

Edited by Aggh

He clearly answered the question: not everyone is capable of participating in the event non-stop. Those of us that still have void keys can't use them to receive the rewards that we've already spent a fair amount of time farming the requirements for, and that's a little asinine. Telling us we have to farm something to pursue the event rewards, and then telling us that we're being denied the time to USE those items early is a bad decision. Some of us have commitments like work, household chores, family, sleep, hygiene, and other hobbies.

it's a little offensive to state "here's your event, and you have 6 days to use all of the extraneous entry requirement, which is a time-and-credit-sink to begin with, except that you really don't have 6 days, because we'll cut the event short, and give no consideration to the fact that the real world requires our clientele to focus on OTHER responsibilities."

But he didnt answer the question.  If he was very concerned about the rewards, he couldnt have found 35 minutes to do the keys he already had?

And quite frankly, I was working on web servers Friday and Saturday so I didnt participate on either of those days, so I get the real life stuff.  Unless he was stuck in the hospital or something, how can a person rationalize this reaction when they wouldn't find 35 minutes to complete the task while it still had points left on the completion bar?

Edited by Malikon

Is common sense dead?  The timers have always been the times that we have to complete the event for every single event the game has had.  Otherwise, why would they bother with % complete bar?

Because there's a consequence for failure - example of Fomorians.

The % bar is usually taken as an indicator of how close you are to suffering that consequence.

The timer is the time you have to get in on the action.

What this event has done is swapped the two without labeling it as such.

The % bar became a sand timer, that cut off when it was full.

Especially considering the Fusion Moa event where the 100% Bar was reached, and everyone had a chance to participate until the timer ran out.

That was a deliberate clarification on DE's part that they're not going to screw the customer.

This is inconsistent. It sets expectations and then defies them in unpleasant ways.

Again, if you made the time to farm that many keys, how could you have not made an extra 5 minutes per key to use them? Not being caustic, just curious.

If you have six days to complete an event, and know you get four points per key, then its easy to do math and figure out you need 25 keys for the full reward.

Since the materials are alert-generated and repeatable, its better to wait for an easy alert to get parts.

At one point there was a fifteen wave defense to get a cipher.

You know what most people do? they go "No, screw that, I'm going to wait for that alert to expire."

Not only is it frustrating as heck, it takes WAY more time than an exterminate or sabotage.

At least a handfull of people I knew took this method - they speedfarmed necessary amounts of keys for themselves all in one chunk, and then swapped over to doing corpus void missions.

You neglected to answer the question. You chose to wait while sitting at 76 points. Why?

Its already answered in the thread, though! Come on, you're asking stuff you already know the answer to.

I'm going to direct you to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94332-arid-fear-early-end-screws-players-out-of-rewards/page-2#entry1058581'>Operator_Error's post, though, because he makes very valid points that are relevant to your line of questioning.

DE alerts are cool....but make them a bonus not a requirement.

The alerts for both components were up for 2h each with a total uptime of 60-70ish% over the course of the event. I feel like that should be enough for people to handle, assuming they find the time to play the game.

Edited by 101blubb

Because there's a consequence for failure - example of Fomorians.

The % bar is usually taken as an indicator of how close you are to suffering that consequence.

The timer is the time you have to get in on the action.

What this event has done is swapped the two without labeling it as such.

The % bar became a sand timer, that cut off when it was full.

Especially considering the Fusion Moa event where the 100% Bar was reached, and everyone had a chance to participate until the timer ran out.

That was a deliberate clarification on DE's part that they're not going to screw the customer.

This is inconsistent. It sets expectations and then defies them in unpleasant ways.

If you have six days to complete an event, and know you get four points per key, then its easy to do math and figure out you need 25 keys for the full reward.

Since the materials are alert-generated and repeatable, its better to wait for an easy alert to get parts.

At one point there was a fifteen wave defense to get a cipher.

You know what most people do? they go "No, screw that, I'm going to wait for that alert to expire."

Not only is it frustrating as heck, it takes WAY more time than an exterminate or sabotage.

At least a handfull of people I knew took this method - they speedfarmed necessary amounts of keys for themselves all in one chunk, and then swapped over to doing corpus void missions.

Its already answered in the thread, though! Come on, you're asking stuff you already know the answer to.

I'm going to direct you to Operator_Error's post, though, because he makes very valid points that are relevant to your line of questioning.

No.  In every single event, the bar has represented how close the event or part of the event is to completion.  That's why every time after a % bar for an event or a stage in event has completed, it has been replaced by VICTORY [insert event/event stage].

You couldn't farm after the formorian event was done. 

Also, plenty of people got 100 points without farming a single key.  All you had to do was ask in the recruitment channel.  I farmed 10 keys total for my 102 points and only used 9 of them.

Edited by Aggh

All I see are people getting very defensive about what they prioritized over doing this event without actually saying what it was.  You all fully admitted that you did the hard parts.

Yet you, Udoshi, couldnt make 35 minutes to do 7 keys (that were already made) when you seen a completion bar filling up on a minute by minute basis and then start raising hell that you missed the event reward?  That makes no sense and is why I keep asking the question that you wont answer.  Why raise such a ruckus when you were well under an hour of play from the mark and you CHOSE to stop? 

If there was a hospitalization or some sort of injury or emergency you do not wish to speak of and thats why the 35 minutes got pushed off, then accept my apologies.  If not, then you really have no one but yourself to blame.

I do not know Operator_Error's situation quite as well, which is why I asked him.

Edit: forgot a part

Edited by Malikon