Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legion of Tau Art Thread

Almighty_Jado

2 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Wow they all look amazing! 😮 

Was this last "dragon" unit inspired by the Golden Maws? 🙂 At least, those are the vibes I'm getting from it.

It was, a little bit! It’s kind of a combined result of @lukinu_u‘s Sentient Snake and a Golden Maw!

Im actually pretty glad someone picked up on that motif 🙂

Edited by Almighty_Jado

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Having looked at these, I feel a bit conflicted. I'll try to give a little feedback, hope I don't push my personal vision too much.

The two things I think you really nailed, aside from the colour scheme, are the bone aesthetic, and making them look like animated artpieces.

However, I feel that a lot of your designs seem, uhm, fragile? The "fish", the Gafralyst and Phiptelyst avoid this the most, but things like the Cerbelyst and Lupulyst seem to be mostly free-floating parts. While the Sentient in game are certainly capable of that, most of them appear very solid for lack of a better word; like a single piece was grown into shape. (EDIT: Just went over into your conept thread, saw now that your updates mostly change this)

The latter part also makes me a bit uncertain about the non-integrated weapons like with the Lekalyst and Vaculyst.

Edited by Reaar

1 hour ago, Reaar said:

Hmmm. Having looked at these, I feel a bit conflicted. I'll try to give a little feedback, hope I don't push my personal vision too much.

The two things I think you really nailed, aside from the colour scheme, are the bone aesthetic, and making them look like animated artpieces.

However, I feel that a lot of your designs seem, uhm, fragile? The "fish", the Gafralyst and Phiptelyst avoid this the most, but things like the Cerbelyst and Lupulyst seem to be mostly free-floating parts. While the Sentient in game are certainly capable of that, most of them appear very solid for lack of a better word; like a single piece was grown into shape. (EDIT: Just went over into your conept thread, saw now that your updates mostly change this)

The latter part also makes me a bit uncertain about the non-integrated weapons like with the Lekalyst and Vaculyst.

I actually totally get this. I made the mistake of making a lot of my early Sentients incredibly stick-y and thin. They all look like they have anorexia or something!

I drew a lot of these designs while I was still learning, so I think I’ve gotten a little better now. I can assure you eventually I’ll be going back to be older designs and making them more “sturdy”.

As for external weapons- well, idk tbh, I took some creative liberties. I mean, I think it’s totally possible for a Sentient to “grow” or “form” hands to carry a weapon.

Also, I did not do a good job of showing it, but the VaculystÂ’s arm cannon is supposed to be fixed to its arm.

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Almighty_Jado
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...