Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sabotage Fissures and Reactant

Title says it all. I'm sure everyone's had this problem. Barely any enemy spawns, barely any Fissures appearing, both equating to barely any reactant dropping equating to a complete and utter waste of time. That sense of annoyance you feel when the era of the relic you wanna unlock only has ONE fissure active and it happens to be a Sabotage. It's a pain. I'm surprised nothing's been done about these fissures, I mean Exterminate used to be like this until it got fixed, what about this sorry game mode?

Thoughts?

Yeah Sabotages seems to be the most broken out of all of the Fissure missions. Even at the End of the mission, The fissures just spawn when it wants too which makes the mission a annoying one to rush through. It can happen in Mobile Defenses too but no where near as oftenly.

It's time to scrap reactant. Seriously, DE.

It causes problems on Excavation with energy drops (which also need scrapped).

It causes issues with Survival, with O2 (another bad system that needs scrapped).

It causes late joiners to miss relic drops.

Now it causes issues with Sabotage, too.

All this...and you know what it ADDS?

Nothing. Not one thing. It doesn't enhance enjoyment. It add variety. Or bring ANYTHING to the game at all. Reactant's SOLE PURPOSE in Warframe - the only thing it actually accomplishes - is to break everything it touches.

So just remove it already. It's tired. It's old. It's obviously broken. It adds nothing. So just remove it.

You can add something down the list need. Some Void Tear close mini objective. But scrap reactant. It's not worth all this.

I only have problems with reactant on interception when it's the interception mission on Venus. The Mercury and Earth interception nodes don't seem to get fissures, and anything beyond that usually spawns enough enemies (unless someone brought Banshee or Equinox). But I usually have to let the enemy capture one or more points on Venus so that I have enough time to get all the reactant.

Anyway, I think the reactant exists so that fissure missions aren't just "do this normal mission, but there are corrupted randomly spawning". But I agree; I would like to see a different secondary objective that doesn't depend on the enemy spawn rate.

I've done a few interceptions and if you leave the enemy alone enough and CC them every now and then without outright killing them, it isn't that bad but its still stressful when you're at 80% but the squad only has like 6 reactant. Mobile Def is alright in the sense that it's literally just Defense 3 times but shorter. Once all 3 are done, it's the same as a post-objective capture. Moderate drops

19 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

It's time to scrap reactant. Seriously, DE.

It causes problems on Excavation with energy drops (which also need scrapped).

It causes issues with Survival, with O2 (another bad system that needs scrapped).

It causes late joiners to miss relic drops.

Now it causes issues with Sabotage, too.

All this...and you know what it ADDS?

Nothing. Not one thing. It doesn't enhance enjoyment. It add variety. Or bring ANYTHING to the game at all. Reactant's SOLE PURPOSE in Warframe - the only thing it actually accomplishes - is to break everything it touches.

So just remove it already. It's tired. It's old. It's obviously broken. It adds nothing. So just remove it.

You can add something down the list need. Some Void Tear close mini objective. But scrap reactant. It's not worth all this.

I've been pondering this for ages now. And I get how everyone feels, without Reactant it'd literally be a high value regular mission. Wouldn't be as fun and challenging but it'd be feasible across the board. But for the love of God is it a pain sometimes. Joining at Wave 4 when everyone's already at 10 Reac, joining a Sabotage just to find 3 other guys waiting at the reactor room, waiting an eternity for a single fissure to pop into existence. Worst of all is Excavation. Reactant is partially to blame here but a factor nonetheless. I don't know if people don't know about reactant or simply don't care but the need for reactant screws over everyone in most Excavation Fissures because people SIMPLY. RUSH. EVERYTHING. What I'd propose is some sort of field boss. Not too difficult, not too hard, balanced just right so that it accommodates to the Fissure Era and Level of enemies in the level. Some sort of "Void Guardian" or "Void Essence" in the form of a corrupted Warframe specter or the like that only spawns when the objective is completed. Killing it will cause the same 10 reactant explosion and "schwooom" noise to play for all players and extraction will become available. That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's better ideas

Edited by (XB1)Lightning Silvr
Cheese pizza and a slushie

7 hours ago, (XB1)Lightning Silvr said:

I've done a few interceptions and if you leave the enemy alone enough and CC them every now and then without outright killing them, it isn't that bad but its still stressful when you're at 80% but the squad only has like 6 reactant. Mobile Def is alright in the sense that it's literally just Defense 3 times but shorter. Once all 3 are done, it's the same as a post-objective capture. Moderate drops

I've been pondering this for ages now. And I get how everyone feels, without Reactant it'd literally be a high value regular mission. Wouldn't be as fun and challenging but it'd be feasible across the board. But for the love of God is it a pain sometimes. Joining at Wave 4 when everyone's already at 10 Reac, joining a Sabotage just to find 3 other guys waiting at the reactor room, waiting an eternity for a single fissure to pop into existence. Worst of all is Excavation. Reactant is partially to blame here but a factor nonetheless. I don't know if people don't know about reactant or simply don't care but the need for reactant screws over everyone in most Excavation Fissures because people SIMPLY. RUSH. EVERYTHING. What I'd propose is some sort of field boss. Not too difficult, not too hard, balanced just right so that it accommodates to the Fissure Era and Level of enemies in the level. Some sort of "Void Guardian" or "Void Essence" in the form of a corrupted Warframe specter or the like that only spawns when the objective is completed. Killing it will cause the same 10 reactant explosion and "schwooom" noise to play for all players and extraction will become available. That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's better ideas

I would much rather have a mini boss "Void Guardian" than this broken, pointless Reactant system.