Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Package Vs Normal Buying!

Lord_zasca

Question

hi all recently i was gifted with a $50 dollar steam voucher (and a few 20s) and i Wanted to spend them on Warframe as i love it

I noticed the founders package has

Excalabur prime-meh dont care

Badge-oooo shiny 

1220 plat-cha ching

However normal plat purchase

1000 plat-meh i liked 1220

Thunderbolt mod OMG i use bows XD

the main decider is wether i can get thunderbolt in normal game play

thx guys

Excal prime is better. You can't get him in game at all, only through the founders, whereas Thunderbolt can be dropped, and got from defence missions (don't anyone dare say its rare because I found 3 in 10 minutes!)

Also, you get more platinum :D

Thats all i needed to know thx :D

Thunderbolt is the utter worst mod in the game, so bad that it lowers your dps and is nothing compared to the Ogris.

If you don't get founders I would be &!$$ed off, as its a better deal and Excal Prime, who may not be the best is still exclusive.

okay.... thats umm harsh

I would save your money until you find a 75% discount on platinum when logging in. You have christmas coming up and Steam had an awesome platinum discount sale during the summer sale plus all the new awesome games coming out, so I recommend not blowing it when the plat prices are near theft as it is at the moment.

I would save your money until you find a 75% discount on platinum when logging in. You have christmas coming up and Steam had an awesome platinum discount sale during the summer sale plus all the new awesome games coming out, so I recommend not blowing it when the plat prices are near theft as it is at the moment.

Does the founders package get discounted cuse thats what im leaning towards

Just wait for a plat discount coupon from login rewards and then buy normal plat packages. I'd wait for a 50-75% over a 20% one. You'll get a lot more plat this way then with even founders. 

Thunderbolt blows and its not all that rare in game btw. 

Had 6 Thunderbolts drop in 10 runs of the new boss duo. >.>

Just wait for a plat discount coupon from login rewards and then buy normal plat packages. I'd wait for a 50-75% over a 20% one. You'll get a lot more plat this way then with even founders. 

Thunderbolt blows and its not all that rare in game btw. 

True, but the founder rewards aren't likely to be around too much longer. If you get a 75% or 50% coupon off in the next couple days go for it, otherwise imo buy the founders package.

Excal is one of the harder frames to farm (highish level planet) and basically comes pre-formad. Its more recognizable as a prime even when using an alternate helmet.

Edited by Darzk

Thunderbolt is S#&$ and all bows, including Paris Prime, are S#&$.

They're useless novelty weapons.

Better to get Excal Prime. Also, if you ever decide to buy more plat, upgrading to Master or GM status will yield much better plat-real money ratio

Excal prime is better. You can't get him in game at all, only through the founders, whereas Thunderbolt can be dropped, and got from defence missions (don't anyone dare say its rare because I found 3 in 10 minutes!)

Also, you get more platinum :D

^ this plus also consider that Excal Prime means: 1 free slot + 1 free Orokin Reactor...

You can drop Thunderbolt later on ingame, you cant get Cali Prime.

^ this plus also consider that Excal Prime means: 1 free slot + 1 free Orokin Reactor...

You can drop Thunderbolt later on ingame, you cant get Cali Prime.

You'd only get the free slot if you sell Excal prime.... which why would you?

Also its already got the reactor so you can't salvage that either

Founders will be a better route for you. You get 1220 Platinum for $50, then if you find another $50 you are willing to spend to upgrade to the next tier, you get another 1990 Platinum (total 3210 Platinum). Normally, it's like $100 for 2100 Platinum or something, so it's about 1100 more Platinum, plus the Excal Prime and Skana Prime if you went up to Master's pack.

But can excal prime compete in high lvl missions

He does Serrated Blade damage with Slash Dash and can blind enemies. So yes.

Thunderbolt is the utter worst mod in the game, so bad that it lowers your dps and is nothing compared to the Ogris.

If you don't get founders I would be &!$$ed off, as its a better deal and Excal Prime, who may not be the best is still exclusive.

Huge exaggeration. There are WAAAAAAAY worse mods than Thunderbolt even if Thunderbolt is a somewhat terrible mod.

hi all recently i was gifted with a $50 dollar steam voucher (and a few 20s) and i Wanted to spend them on Warframe as i love it

I noticed the founders package has

Excalabur prime-meh dont care

Badge-oooo shiny 

1220 plat-cha ching

However normal plat purchase

1000 plat-meh i liked 1220

Thunderbolt mod OMG i use bows XD

the main decider is wether i can get thunderbolt in normal game play

thx guys

I've got Thunderbolt as a wave 10 reward on Xini before so it's floating around out there. I'd go Master Founder because you get a lot more Platnium per dollar and a pretty cool exclusive warframe and the blade isn't too bad. Oh and also the design council is kinda neat.