Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star boss is pretty great. Would like more like it.

AegixDrakan

Ok, confession time, I've never really played semi-late game MMO stuff outside of Ragnarok online (a few Abbey runs and some of the really low level MVP bosses), so I never really had a good "raid" experience before.  Basically, I'd planned to do a single Catalyst run with someone, but then other people popped into the instance and fully loaded the mixer and next thing you know...Things got way hairier than I'd anticipated.

Anyway The process of fighting such a giant boss with a relatively easy to read moveset and pretty decent weakpoints was a blast (even if the max level boss ends up so insanely armored that it's a little nuts). As hard to see as the poison clouds are, I appreciate that they force you to move a lot (or run Oberon.  Thank the lotus I ran Oberon), and I appreciate the threat (and energy resupply!) that the waves of Infested provide.

I would really like to see more content like this! (Although I can't comment on the Eidolons yet, since I haven't made it to War Within yet)

Just thought I'd share.

have you tried fighting the 'real thing' in the Derelict?

and aside from the Bugs that have been around since 2014 with the Boss (and encouraging Gameplay the game says it doesn't want by having RNG toxin bombs firing from the boil) it's pretty alright.

36 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Is it?

I mean... it's just a tiny lephantis. I always thought it was a little lazy to be honest. I'm not too excited about fighting scaled down versions of recycled content.

Yes, Hemocyte is a raid boss. It's just in Warframe, we forget how good we are at the game since we play 1000's of hours of it.

When I help new players and friends new to the game, they always comment at the speed they'll have to get used to. Us endgame players even farm Eidolons, which are not meant to even be farmed.

18 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Yes, Hemocyte is a raid boss. It's just in Warframe, we forget how good we are at the game since we play 1000's of hours of it.

The only reason i hate the Hemocyte, is that DE recycled a 2013 boss, when Nekros was a big hit at Farmframe. After almost 5 years, they were not able to come up with a little bit newer boss. Also, not speaking about the lorebreak they did with Lephantis <-> Hemocyte.

8 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

The only reason i hate the Hemocyte, is that DE recycled a 2013 boss, when Nekros was a big hit at Farmframe. After almost 5 years, they were not able to come up with a little bit newer boss. Also, not speaking about the lorebreak they did with Lephantis <-> Hemocyte.

I mean, Terry, Garry, and Harry don't count? One recycled boss to go with three new ones sounds fine with me. Plus Hemocyte has additional abilities and a different environment, so the fight itself is different.

3 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I mean, Terry, Garry, and Harry don't count? One recycled boss to go with three new ones sounds fine with me. Plus Hemocyte has additional abilities and a different environment, so the fight itself is different.

Well, Hemo only has some Sentient touchups on the exact same abilities and movesets. Tridolons are somewhat ctrl+c ctrl+v, but they are not half bad. For me personaly, they look similar. Maybe that was the goal DE had in mind.

2 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

It's still just a tiny lephantis. Granted, it's arguably more fun than regular lephantis, but its still incredibly underwhelming and one of the reasons I'm finding plague star even more of a chore the second time around. If it wasn't for the sweet loots and the fact I can easily rank up gear doing it I wouldn't even bother.

Breaking it up with tridalon hunting helps but overall its not that great.

3 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Well, Hemo only has some Sentient touchups on the exact same abilities and movesets. Tridolons are somewhat ctrl+c ctrl+v, but they are not half bad. For me personaly, they look similar. Maybe that was the goal DE had in mind.

Really looking forward to the Devstream tomorrow. it's been a month since the last. Will be nice to see what all they have planned.

Yeah, Leph/Hemo is one of the best bosses in warframe. I guess that's a bit unfortunate as most other bosses are not particularly interesting to fight, compared to those two.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, AegixDrakan said:

I can't comment on the Eidolons yet, since I haven't made it to War Within yet

Yeah, Eidolons are pretty good too. Similar vibes though tactic and weapons you will need are completely different for obvious reasons.