Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pigments? Please!

-MortisThorne-

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

What about just swapping out the pigment system and letting people use their color packs? (same goes for pets)

That'd be nice to have.

Or, even better, getting rid of color packs and allowing players to customize everything with a custom RGB+Brightness color editor?

That's what I really want, but DE probably makes too much off of color packs for it to ever happen.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Or, even better, getting rid of color packs and allowing players to customize everything with a custom RGB+Brightness color editor?

That's what I really want, but DE probably makes too much off of color packs for it to ever happen.

Let's do that too!

Maybe even options in regards to the textures/materials.

...though now I feel this is going a bit off topic. :clem:

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

What about just swapping out the pigment system and letting people use their color packs? (same goes for pets)

That'd be nice to have.

i'd go with that, even if it's just the default (the full one, not the free version) colour pack which has way more colours than the tiny selection we currently have for the dojo.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Let's do that too!

Maybe even options in regards to the textures/materials.

...though now I feel this is going a bit off topic. :clem:

Well, textures require specmaps and lighting passes and all sorts of other technical stuff, so I'm not sure that would work. The team would either have to make the game be able to bake textures on the fly (and anyone who watches the Devstreams knows that won't be happening), or they would have to release pre-baked texture options for players to choose from, which would increase development time for the art team.

Besides, I think having 4,294,967,296 colors would be a good start.