Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Better Boss Battle For Phobos: A Giant Skate [Concept Art Included]

LoveYourEnemy

For the second phase, maybe the boss could combine the pattern from first phase with occasional attempts to ram through players when half buried in sand, which would knockdown players and the boss would leave mines in sand as he moves in the area.

I'm actually liking this a lot. Much more inline to what I wanted to fight in phobos, really. 

The duo just doesn't make sense anyway. If we killed Vor and Kril in their respective planets, how are they alive in Phobos? If the duo are just clones, then what's the point of killing VIPs in any of the planets? Either way it just does not make sense in the slightest. It was also kinda lazy. 

I find that the double boss on Phobos was not just tedious, but rather boringly familiar. In this thread, i had a befitting idea for our newly discovered dessert planet. 

1097180_499065843508338_1046089160_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1097180_499065843508338_1046089160_o.jpg

(Link if the embedding doesnt work)

The Background:

This boss is a giant dessert skate genetically enhanced and mechanically augmented by the Grineer. They saw the potential in using their technology to control the dessert skates on their outposts on Phobos. They experimented with different hormones to make this Skate larger, and were successful. This boss is equipped with a missile barrage cannon on the back (similar to the ones equipped by the Jetpack troopers), a explosive augmented tail cannon using the natural bolt shooting tips of the tail, and the powerful tail used to crush enemies and create seismic shockwaves. 

The Dynamic of the Boss-Battle:

You will have to make your way through the outpost (like most boss battles) and reach a large open (and relatively empty) area. Suddenly, this giant skate shoots up out of the ground, ready to attack.

- At first, this boss will try to hit you with its tail, occasionally turning towards you so you can shoot it's underbelly core generator (which powers its augmentations). Once it has been shot enough, it will fall to the ground screaming and fire its barrage cannons (which can be dodged) and will bury itself like the smaller counterparts.

- After this, a few squads of Grineer will come to attack you.

- After being defeated, the monster will rise again, trying to attack the same way as the first time. And after being defeated, a few elite units will be called to kill you.

- After these have been defeated, the boss will rise once more and use its tail cannon, and (possibly) try to stomp you with its front "legs" (giving you the chance to shott his underbelly). But when he is using his tail cannon, he will be slightly buried, giving you time to destroy his back barrage cannons. When both have been destroyed he will rise in an angry rage screaming, giving you one last chance to kill him off.

- Once fully killed, he can sink back into the ground, dropping his goodies, and since it is and open air environment, your extraction ship can pick you up from a close by side area.

This was just an idea I had to add a dynamic boss battle to a game where dynamic (and fun) bosses are lacking.

-(Note: I really enjoy this game and enjoy conceptualizing ideas that could make this game more interesting)

Put it on Sharpless as an alternative spot. (He should also drop Volt when the Necro frame comes out.)

• 4 weeks later...