The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

On 4/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, Kappa64 said:

Cernos Prime and Ivara's Bow are completely different in power level and you know it. Infinite ammo, innately insane multishot (more than that of Cernos Prime) and her first abilities as an alt fire, are three examples of that. And yes, people spam other whips, but they won't be spamming a special whip on a brand new warframe, that would have been greatly augmented by powerstrength as well as basic melee mods. Why would DE see a problem like how whips are now, and decide: "Let's make a frame, but with a whip." It would have no doubt overshadowed the rest of Khora. Also Titania and Mesa do use Exalted Weapons; They equip a brand new set of weapons, unique entirely to them and they scale of warframe and weapon mods. 

Just because there are other problems and metas in the game does not mean that DE should ignore that and add more to the problem. 

And to be honest, yes, I'm not the biggest fan of exalted weapons. It just incentivizes people to make a stat stick and ignore the rest of their loadout and, most often, the rest of the warframe itself. At this point, unless done right, it just looks like a boring cop out for an ability, and until I see for myself what Khora's Strangledome can actually do in-game, I'll reserve judgement on it's usefulness. 

Well said.  (Nothing but self-contradicting comments.) However, i think you completely misunderstood my comments and the points i made.

oh well...

Would have been nice if you did understand what i meant, but misinterpretation seems to be a curse i often have to live with on this forum.

(In addition to this, you took someone else's quote and put my name on it, which totally misrepresents my logic and what it was i was trying to say.  You are actually arguing with someone else and not me.  You should probably correct this.  You should also probably reread my comments.)

Edited by VampirePirate

6 minutes ago, Shry0b said:

This is quite odd: a lot of people is not happy with her 4th.

Just another reason to keep pushing forward. 

Her 4th is terrible; It is a way worse bastille, and that is a third ability... just wow. Also my friend was really looking forward to an exalted whip :/

Edited by ShikiRen

I've been playing with her, and the synergy just isn't there. Her whole kit was supposed to revolve around venari and her whip, but it feels so disjointed now. Her 2's chains aren't even the same as her Ultimate. She can't move while casting her 1, making her far less fluid, and her ult feels so dissapointing. The animation is neat, but then it just flops out this pile of 'meh' that makes a jungle gym. Not even enough energy effects to look cool, in my opinion. I think this was rushed, and I really don't like that her 4 month hype was killed by changing her (previously) signature ult into a recycled, AOE Condemn. 

As for my personal thoughts on the inevitable re-work;

Venari should replace her passive with a VERY toned-down damage output, focusing more on the tank/healer postures. Strangledome should become her 3rd with re-balanced stats and Exalted Whip should be her 4th, as it was advertised for months... 

Edited by Primarina
additional ideas

I'm going to stand up and say that I absolutely love this frame.  I set up her build around Venari with links and the like and then boosted Khora's shield and health to compensate.  My ultimate goal for how I play her is to keep Venari out as much and long as possible while cleaning house with her 1, which i don't have any issues with at all.  I haven't noticed her stopping to attack with it, but then again that's not something I'd really notice with my play style.  When I doubled Venari with another Kavat I had all the more fun with her.

A for her Ultimate.. I don't use it, honestly.  Putting people in a cage to pin them up.  I think I've used it once but only when I was surrounded and desperate so it makes for a fine panic button to get some distance from a group.  Overall it's just an advanced 2 which does the same thing but to single targets (stop movement for punishment)

My entire strategy for her is hit 3 anytime it runs out and then race across the map pressing 1 to deal a crap tone of damage to everyone.  To be honest, I wish that her abilities revolved less around her whip and more around her buffing her familiar.  That's just me, though.

3 hours ago, Primarina said:

I've been playing with her, and the synergy just isn't there. Her whole kit was supposed to revolve around venari and her whip, but it feels so disjointed now. Her 2's chains aren't even the same as her Ultimate. She can't move while casting her 1, making her far less fluid, and her ult feels so dissapointing. The animation is neat, but then it just flops out this pile of 'meh' that makes a jungle gym. Not even enough energy effects to look cool, in my opinion. I think this was rushed, and I really don't like that her 4 month hype was killed by changing her (previously) signature ult into a recycled, AOE Condemn. 

As for my personal thoughts on the inevitable re-work;

Venari should replace her passive with a VERY toned-down damage output, focusing more on the tank/healer postures. Strangledome should become her 3rd with re-balanced stats and Exalted Whip should be her 4th, as it was advertised for months... 

I still really think this frame is going to be a great missed opportunity that could of instead been repurposed for a different use, and that would've been Pet's 2.0.

They had to put her back into the workshop due to the massive outcry of what was going to be Damage 2.5 which is what she was initially designed around for, incidentally though they also put few things on her that could've allowed her to become the Companion frame. A frame designed around making companions more powerful would've still been a very new and interesting design choice, honestly probably more than that first choice of her being based around different damage types.

This probably didn't happen for few reasons combined;

1) Obviously Pet's 2.0 is nowhere near done.

2) They've been promising her for a long time now, especially since they had to put her back in the shop.

3) Khora was very likely the most finished Frame design they have done at the moment, I have no doubt in my mind that they have 2-3 (or more) frame designs cooking in the design workshop, but she was probably the most finished and one they wanted to push out the most.

A very unfortunate string of things happening that affected the release of this frame, ever since the #109(?) dev stream everyone seemed super underwhelmed and now that she's out no one seems very "wow'ed" by her either. She kinda feels like Identity Crisis, the frame, too bad.

Edited by MarcusGraves

On 4/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, PsiWarp said:

Not every frame needs an exalted something, ever since Excalibur's rework that's almost been nonstop. I'd withhold judgement until we dive into the unmentioned synergies like Gara had.

Dude, only 4 out 36 frames have an Exalted weapon. how has it been "almost nonstop" 

9 hours ago, Reaper_Hunter said:

Dude, only 4 out 36 frames have an Exalted weapon. how has it been "almost nonstop" 

Exactly. A lot of people confuse every ability to something exalted. Atlas 1st, Ash 4th, Valkyr 4th... Everything is exalted. As you said, 4 out of 36 got an Exalted Weapon, therefore I think we got plenty of space for a 5th exalted. The Whip they wanted to give her, not a dome of chains. 

Good news! As we all already understood, they're keeping Strangledome. Therefore if I want to use her (Because I truly like her look and her theme, although not clear) I should avoid using her 4th. Or wait for the next Warframe which I hope is going to have a nice theme and won't take 4 months from a first look to its actual release.