Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incentive to do long runs without it being mandatory.

Gandergear

Problem: AABC and out is too common. Lots of players would like a reason to stay in missions longer. In addition, lots of players also don't want to be forced to play longer missions that a '2x reward' would offer. Therefore I am offering this idea as a compromise.

Solution: Roll more reward choices. For every AABC cycle you complete, the total amount of rolls the game makes in the drop table is increased by 1 (to a limit of 4). The player then gets to choose one of each of the rolled rewards at the end of the mission. For example

Cycle 1: the player gets no choice in what his rewards are

Cycle 2: the player gets a choice between two of the randomly chosen rewards, lets say in Rotation A the choices are 25% 2500 creds, 50% 5000 creds, and 25% 300 endo. This rotation the game rolled his choices to be 300 endo and 5000 credits, after the mission is over he chooses which reward he wants.

Cycle 3: Lets looks at the C reward, lets say there's a 12% at a warframe part, and 50% for infected clip. The game randomly chooses his choices to be the warframe part, infected clip, and infected clip. The player of course chooses the part he'd want but because he's done 60 waves of defense I think he earned his choice.

Cycle 4: Lets look at rotation B. There's a 25% chance for enduring strike and a 12% chance for condition overload, unfortunately all 4 of his choices were enduring strike. Since the system is still RNG this can still happen, but hey, RNG happens.

This system doesn't change anything for players who only want to do one cycle and get out, while allowing for players who push the time investment into a mission to get rewards that they actually want rather than feel stuck on the more efficient easy enemy route.

Math Please Ignore: Capping it at 4 keeps the level down to a reasonable extent. If we say a super rare drop has a 1% chance of dropping, even at 4 drops the chance is only 4% one of the options will be what you wanted. If the chance is 12% (lookin' at you Harrow systems), the chance of you getting it will be 12% the first C, 23% the second C, 32% the third C, and 40% the 4th C, for a total chance of getting a 12% drop chance in 4 cycles as a whopping 72%. This is the equivalent chance, of doing the mission 10 times. (88% chance of not getting it ^10).

Example for the end mission UI.

byi5mAi.jpg

I hope people are able to see this as a fun new way to grind for drops they want without it being overpowered.

Edited by Gandergear

Howabout... no?

Seriously, no.

The last #*!%ing thing Warframe needs is to increase the pressure it already puts on players to keep playing and logging in. Wanting to drive players towards marathon sessions is a travesty of an idea.

Also, if DE did go ahead with this (terrible) idea, they'd probably make rare drops for relics of all varieties even lower than they already are while also dialing down the ducat values of the low-to-mid rarity items due to how easy it would be to farm them to keep players in roughly the spot they want them in for income.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:06 AM, (XB1)REDDE5TROYER said:

I agree with Grim.

I have too many relics as is. Mods, don't need anymore. For newer players it'd be nice, but then they aren't the ones that would be staying in the endless mission.

Thats the point the system i proposed answers. You get more choice over the same amount of rewards. You dont get more doing 2 cycles in one game than doing 2 1 cycle games, you just get more options

On 4/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, TheGrimCorsair said:

Howabout... no?

Seriously, no.

The last #*!%ing thing Warframe needs is to increase the pressure it already puts on players to keep playing and logging in. Wanting to drive players towards marathon sessions is a travesty of an idea.

Also, if DE did go ahead with this (terrible) idea, they'd probably make rare drops for relics of all varieties even lower than they already are while also dialing down the ducat values of the low-to-mid rarity items due to how easy it would be to farm them to keep players in roughly the spot they want them in for income.

DE puts literally 0 pressure on going beyond C totation, what are you talking about. Void fissures maybe? Barely worth it.

Also nothing i stated effects how the relic system works, the only change is being able to choose from a selection.

Edited by Gandergear

Until endless missions become interesting - that is, have dynamic / changing objectives, unique twists, and neat challenges - it's not really going to matter what might happen after the first full AABC. One cycle is the limit of my patience. 

31 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Until endless missions become interesting - that is, have dynamic / changing objectives, unique twists, and neat challenges - it's not really going to matter what might happen after the first full AABC. One cycle is the limit of my patience. 

And thats fine, the system doesnt change for you

On 4/17/2018 at 3:13 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I do have to agree with this, as much as endless can be fun, running around randomly with other people, chilling out and chatting, we're basically doing the exact same thing over and over again, and no reward is going to entice me to bear it any longer than absolutely necessary.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm going to have to trace a part of this problem to the damage system once more, or perhaps more specifically the power of the Tenno.
The issue with trying to devise a scaling reward system, is that people are just going to cheese the system with infinite crowd control, infinite invisibility/invincibility and other tricks that completely bypass the damage system or the 'challenge' to the whole thing, and it'll literally just become a time-wasting simulator.
Thus you'll have all these groups that sit in an endless for two hours basically parked in a corner spamming the same button over and over again, and get a ridiculous amount of rewards for effectively cheating the system and doing almost nothing to deserve those rewards for two hours.
Which also means they'll break the economy instantly, and the whole Hema Mutagen Samples debacle would have to start popping up more often to manage the insane amount of everything that everyone will have.

In otherwords, until there's less cheese, you won't be able to have nice things.

15 minutes ago, blazinvire said:

In otherwords, until there's less cheese, you won't be able to have nice things.

Warframe is a cheesy game, removing all cheese will result in a very hard nerf on almost all frames. reworking all weapons again. removing rivens. reworking focus again. removing all pads. need i go on?

6 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:

Warframe is a cheesy game, removing all cheese will result in a very hard nerf on almost all frames. reworking all weapons again. removing rivens. reworking focus again. removing all pads. need i go on?

Your point?

You seen how different Warframe was 5 years ago?