Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A couple ideas for Wukong

MickThejaguar

I've been thinking a lot about Wukong's kit and how well it comes together and I honestly think Wukong could use a bit of a touch in a few areas. Most of his kit seems to be geared towards being a melee bruiser frame so I have a few ideas that could help his kit have a bit more synergy. Please keep in mind that all of these changes are looking Wukong from the perspective of a melee fighter frame.

1. Wukong's passive currently gives him two extra seconds on his melee combo counter, but with Body Count, Drifting Contact, Gladiator Rush, and Power Spike from the Naramon focus tree, this is a largely unnecessary and barely helpful boost. As far as passives go, Wukong definitely got the short end of the stick (Ha!). So I'd like to propose that his passive be changed to be more in line with the Venka Prime's passive, where instead of retaining combos 2 seconds longer, he builds up his combo counter faster than other frames. I'm not sure about exact numbers but this increase would synergize perfectly with his ultimate, and a few other ideas I have in mind. 

2. Wukong's first ability, Iron Jab, extends his staff outward and deals impact damage to all enemies hit by it and knocks them down. This ability scales with certain melee mods and overall is pretty decent, however I would like to add an additional effect for if it's activated during his ultimate. If activated during his ultimate, the ability becomes "Furious Jab" and consumes all of your melee combo counter in order to crit for x2 for every additional melee combo multiplier consumes. So if you're at a x3 melee combo then you'll crit for 6 times the ability's base damage. The idea is to build up your melee counter (albeit much faster thanks to the passive change) with your ult and then burst with your 1 if necessary. The exact numbers might be a bit extreme and could be tweaked for balance but I like the idea of giving his 1 a bit more love.

3. Wukong's second ability, Defy allows him to sacrifice a chunk of energy to avoid dying. I don't have a problem with ability, as if he's going to be charging head first into enemies then he needs to have some assurance that he won't immediately die.

4. Wukong's third ability legitimately confuses me and after having sat on thinking about this ability's purpose for longer than I care to admit, I ave decided to simply omit discussing it as I feel unfit to do so. (Although maybe turning this into a full-on aoe cc wouldn't be a bad idea. Nothing like a Rhino Stomp, more like Inaros Pocket Sand.)

5. Wukong's fourth ability is an exalted staff that extends itself as he attacks. I feel like this is the ability his kit should revolve around if he to b melee fighter frame and the only real adjustment I'd say he needs is the replacement of the 15% puncture damage on his ult with 15% slash so he can benefit from slash procs. 

In closing, I'm no Wukong main or anything, I'm just a guy (With an obsession with the mythical character the frame is based on.) who feels that Wukong is a bit underwhelming in a few areas and I think he could stand to have a few changes to bolster him up on even ground with some of the higher tier frames while also further tying him down to a specific theme. I don't think he's unplayable or anything, as he is, he does just fine, but I think there's always room for improvement.